General Website Goofs/Errors

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: General Website Goofs/Errors

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:41 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Which they did. Fact that a SEG inferred it. Just not fact that the guide was right.
The guide never said that Goku's BP x Vegeta's BP = Vegetto's BP from what I hear.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:05 am

The login box on the home-page doesn't seem to reading my cookie or active session, whereas when I click on any other link on the site it appears to be working correctly and displays my user control panel. Odd.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:46 am

Just noticed this on the MIND POWER ...KI... lyrics.

鋭い刃に 突き進むだけ!! Surudoi yaiba ni tsukisusumu dake sa!!

Just a teeny tiny mistake, S is right next to D on the keyboard. Only noticed it because I was mouthing along...

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:40 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
BP Guide wrote:On p.63 it describes the Potara fusion as being closer to multiplication rather than simple addition in the way it increases power. A graphical depiction of this infers that Vegetto’s battle power is equivalent to Goku’s battle power multiplied by Vegeta’s. Also according to the introduction of the Super Exciting Guide′s training section, all the information in it is based on data that was supervised by Toriyama, though we have no idea how extensive this supervision was.
BP List wrote:Potara Fusion: X’s battle power x Y’s battle power
Is the "A x B = C" formula a fact, or it's a conclusion you came? Because from what I hear (can't speak JPN), it only says that "Goku x Vegeta = Vegetto", with no mention of battle powers. Yes, it talks about the Potara working as a multiplication and all, but another guide says that Gotenks is dozens of times stronger than Goten/Trunks, and has a similar "Goten + Trunks = Gotenks", which obviously doesn't imply that Fusion works as "A + B = C". So, if the "A x B = C" formula is a conclusion you reached and not a fact, I think that it shouldn't be taken as a fact in the site.
So, I don't even get a response about why it is considered an unquestionable fact?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:53 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:[snip]

So, I don't even get a response about why it is considered an unquestionable fact?
Get in line.

Thouser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Thouser » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:06 pm

The Kanji Symbol Guide states that Chiaotzu is a Japanese approximation of Chinese Jiǎozi. However, this is incorrect. They're both Mandarin Chinese. Chiaotzu (although using proper romanization rules it should be Chiao-tzu with a hyphen) is Wade-Giles romanization, and Jiǎozi is Pinyin romanization. Both are pronounced identically, too, like Kodansha vs. Kodansya. The actual Japanese transcription of Jiǎozi/Chiao-tzu is チャオズ (Chaozu). The "Chiaotzu" with no hyphen is just Funimation choosing to use Wade-Giles romanization but forgetting or neglecting to use a hyphen.
"Like that bald punk? Killyin... You're talking about Killyin?!!" - Anime Labs

「他们並不是我孫兒... 是我弟弟。」 - 龜仙人

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:57 pm

@Thouser: Hmmm...that is odd, because I'm pretty sure when we had that guide on Kanzentai it correctly referred to "Chaozu" as the Japanese appoximation of the Chinese name. For Kanzenshuu we've switched to using the "Chiaotzu" spelling for the character rather than "Chaozu" like we used on Kanzentai, so I assume what happened was that someone used auto-correct to change all instances of "Chaozu" into "Chiaotzu", which ended up messing things up there. Thanks for the heads up.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Herms wrote:@Thouser: Hmmm...that is odd, because I'm pretty sure when we had that guide on Kanzentai it correctly referred to "Chaozu" as the Japanese appoximation of the Chinese name. For Kanzenshuu we've switched to using the "Chiaotzu" spelling for the character rather than "Chaozu" like we used on Kanzentai, so I assume what happened was that someone used auto-correct to change all instances of "Chaozu" into "Chiaotzu", which ended up messing things up there. Thanks for the heads up.
Why is it that you changed from Chaozu to Chiaotzu?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:08 pm

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't open the translation of the last Battle of Gods-related interview: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Wobbuffet wrote:I don't know if it's just me, but I can't open the translation of the last Battle of Gods-related interview: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/
That's because the link for it says "battle-gods-movie-guide-akira-toriyama", instead of "battle-of-gods-movie-guide-akira-toriyama".

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... -toriyama/
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:59 pm

A little mistake I've spotted a while ago and seems to remain: I think on the Music Database, the 4th disc of Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball Z: Daizenshuu is supposed to have the 5th track transliterated and translated as Son Gohan and Demon King Piccolo (Son Gohan to Pikkoro Daimaō), instead of Son Goku and Demon King Piccolo (Son Gokū to Pikkoro Daimaō). But I might be wrong and if so, I'm sorry for wasting the time of whoever checks it out.
Here's the link to the section: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/music/sets/

Mr. Hardstone

Post by Mr. Hardstone » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:43 am

I think this is the right place for this, but on todays (3rd Feb '14) news post "“Dragon Ball SD” Volume 2 Coming in April 2014" there's at least three spellings of ""Saikyo" as "Saiyko".

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:06 am

The new design of the forum - the part in the upper part of the screen that keeps appearing - renders it near unusable on a mobile phone (I'm using Android but I'm willing to bet that it's the same on other mobile browsers). Would it be possible to make its appearance dependent on the user agent so that it wouldn't appear on mobile browsers? I read the forum quite frequently on my mobile phone and this new version has upset me...

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:37 am

Tried going into the interesting and funny pictures thread only to be greeted bu a malware warning from Google Chrome saying something about Safebooru.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:41 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Tried going into the interesting and funny pictures thread only to be greeted bu a malware warning from Google Chrome saying something about Safebooru.
Glad to know I wasn't the only one getting that message.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:37 am

Codarik wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Tried going into the interesting and funny pictures thread only to be greeted bu a malware warning from Google Chrome saying something about Safebooru.
I just received that same error. Really threw me off, and I'm also glad that it's not just me.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:52 am

Saiga wrote:
Codarik wrote:
I just received that same error. Really threw me off, and I'm also glad that it's not just me.
I imagine it's someone hotlinking an image from some shitty site.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:13 am

Which is strange since the site is Safebooru, a site I have copied image urls from many times in similar threads on here and have never gotten a warning of any sort.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:45 am

Well Google certainly don't like it. They shove a warning under the result on their search page.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Now I'm getting a Safebooru Malware Warning page whenever I try to reply on a thread.