Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:22 am

I keep thinking there is some news about the movie every time this thread gets bumped but than its a prediction. Honestly I actually hope frieza changes physically in some way because I am worried he just gets God energy and then the only visual significant difference would be aura and maybe leaner for frieza's appearance. I do like ssjg Goku though.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:55 am

Shouldn't Freeza be resurrected on Namek (old Namek... which is supposedly destroyed, but I'm figuring Toriyama forgot about that)? Maybe that's where the green liquid around him comes from.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:57 am

Doctor. wrote:Shouldn't Freeza be resurrected on Namek (old Namek... which is supposedly destroyed, but I'm figuring Toriyama forgot about that)? Maybe that's where the green liquid around him comes from.
No, Freeza died on Earth by hands of Future Trunks.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:58 am

Low Tone G wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Shouldn't Freeza be resurrected on Namek (old Namek... which is supposedly destroyed, but I'm figuring Toriyama forgot about that)? Maybe that's where the green liquid around him comes from.
No, Freeza died on Earth by hands of Future Trunks.
D'Oh, how could I forget, that was dumb of me :silent:

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:59 am

I'm guessing the liquid is from him stepping out of one of those healing tanks after his training.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:05 pm

It seems unlikely that Freeza would leave Earth after being revived though. I mean, he should be sensed upon revival (and I doubt they would let him leave) plus I don't think he'd pass on being able to destroy the Earth/fight Goku. Freeza's planet is still functional 20 (?) years after his death though, so maybe he has some business to attend there (besides training, of course).

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:11 pm

Doctor. wrote:It seems unlikely that Freeza would leave Earth after being revived though. I mean, he should be sensed upon revival (and I doubt they would let him leave) plus I don't think he'd pass on being able to destroy the Earth/fight Goku. Freeza's planet is still functional 20 (?) years after his death though, so maybe he has some business to attend there (besides training, of course).
For it would seem to be the logical step if Freeza kept his existence in secret and leave Earth for awhile to train.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Doctor. wrote:It seems unlikely that Freeza would leave Earth after being revived though. I mean, he should be sensed upon revival (and I doubt they would let him leave) plus I don't think he'd pass on being able to destroy the Earth/fight Goku. Freeza's planet is still functional 20 (?) years after his death though, so maybe he has some business to attend there (besides training, of course).
He most likely leaves Earth to train, or they ask for him to be resurrected somewhere else, or maybe their wish after resurrection is relocation. Freeza training on Earth would be like going to the home of your enemy that you want to kill, and very loudly using their gym equipment to make yourself strong enough to do the job.

MajinAsura

Post by MajinAsura » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:30 pm

jollyr wrote:While obviously I'm extremely interested in the 12 universes I kinda doubt we'll ever really see them but I hope I'm wrong
In the teaser, Piccolo states that Frieza "became a monster from another dimension and then returned" so maybe this implies that it's a different version of frieza from another one of the 12 universes.
My pet peeves:
People who spell Broly "Brolli"
People who call Beerus "Bills"
People who think that super Saiyan 4 Gogeta is coming back for Fukkatsu no F
People who think Broly can kill ssj3 Goku
People who hate Gohan in the Buu Saga
People who think Broly could kill FREAKIN' BEERUS

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:33 pm

MajinAsura wrote:In the teaser, Piccolo states that Freeza "became a monster from another dimension and then returned" so maybe this implies that it's a different version of Freeza from another one of the 12 universes.
That's not really what it means. It's a figure of speech that Piccolo's saying he's just so completely different from before, not that he's literally from "another dimension". That's why we specifically translated it as "He's come back as a monster in a totally different league from us!"
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:35 pm

Piccolo says the revived Freeza is a monster who is in an entirely different dimension than they are, which is just a fancy way of saying he's way stronger than them. It's an expression similar to saying that someone is in a "league of their own", and is used many times throughout DB. It's how the narrator described Freeza the first time around, when he's beating up Vegeta, and it's how Piccolo describes Kaioshin (minus the "monster" bit).

Edit:...And Mike beat me to it. Thinking about it now, maybe it would have been better to translate it as "in a different league than us"? Less literal, but probably would help avoid this sort of confusion. Then again, people might see that and think Freeza has joined some sort of supervillian league.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Herms wrote:Piccolo says the revived Freeza is a monster who is in an entirely different dimension than they are, which is just a fancy way of saying he's way stronger than them. It's an expression similar to saying that someone is in a "league of their own", and is used many times throughout DB. It's how the narrator described Freeza the first time around, when he's beating up Vegeta, and it's how Piccolo describes Kaioshin (minus the "monster" bit).

Edit:...And Mike beat me to it. Thinking about it now, maybe it would have been better to translate it as "in a different league than us"? Less literal, but probably would help avoid this sort of confusion. Then again, people might see that and think Freeza has joined some sort of supervillian league.
"On a whole other level," perhaps?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:56 pm

I'm still confused on why it took 15 years for Freeza to finally be wished back? By ROF, it been 15 years since Freeza died from Future Trunks, I would imagine Tagoma and Sorbet would have wished him back soon then later.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:01 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm still confused on why it took 15 years for Freeza to finally be wished back? By ROF, it been 15 years since Freeza died from Future Trunks, I would imagine Tagoma and Sorbet would have wished him back soon then later.
I get the impression from Battle of Gods that Whis keeps a pretty good view on things that go on in the Universe, so I'd find it surprising that Freeza could be revived and him not know.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Herms wrote:Piccolo says the revived Freeza is a monster who is in an entirely different dimension than they are, which is just a fancy way of saying he's way stronger than them. It's an expression similar to saying that someone is in a "league of their own", and is used many times throughout DB. It's how the narrator described Freeza the first time around, when he's beating up Vegeta, and it's how Piccolo describes Kaioshin (minus the "monster" bit).

"On a whole other level," perhaps?
Is same thing as Beerus stating godly ki is on a entirely different dimension.
Last edited by Friezacooler on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm still confused on why it took 15 years for Freeza to finally be wished back? By ROF, it been 15 years since Freeza died from Future Trunks, I would imagine Tagoma and Sorbet would have wished him back soon then later.
Maybe they only discovered that there were DBs on Earth by now? I don't recall Freeza ever knowing that Earth had DBs like Namek.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:22 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Maybe they only discovered that there were DBs on Earth by now? I don't recall Freeza ever knowing that Earth had DBs like Namek.
I am sure Raditz informed him on screen or offscreen. Freeza could proply keep track of all his minions with the scouter.

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:17 pm

Since Frieza is back and stronger than ever in this upcoming movie, does this mean Cooler has to come back in the following film and be even stronger? Seriously, Cooler always seems to show up after Frieza and upstage his every time he shows up, first with cooler having an extra transformation, then with Metal Cooler being waaaay more effective at fighting super saiyans than Cyborg Frieza ever was. I'd be dissapointed if we don't see cooler again is what I'm saying.

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:20 pm

Barunks wrote:Since Freeza is back and stronger than ever in this upcoming movie, does this mean Cooler has to come back in the following film and be even stronger? Seriously, Cooler always seems to show up after Freeza and upstage his every time he shows up
Toriyama is writing this as a continuation of his manga, so Coola doesn't exist.
If that doesn't convince you, he essentially said it himself when he spoke about Freeza's race.
Toriyama in the [url=http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/episode-bardock-akira-toriyama-super-qa/]Episode of Bardock Super Q&A[/url] wrote:About how many of Freeza’s race are there? Are they quite thriving, with a big population?
Freeza is what you might call a mutated life-form. Strictly speaking, Freeza’s father is a mutant with an abnormally high battle power. And, born from his father alone, still in strong possession of the mutant traits, was Freeza.

Accordingly, even saying “Freeza’s race”, these two are the only ones who possess an abnormal [level of] battle power and cruelty.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:27 pm

FatNagger69 wrote:
Barunks wrote:Since Freeza is back and stronger than ever in this upcoming movie, does this mean Cooler has to come back in the following film and be even stronger? Seriously, Cooler always seems to show up after Freeza and upstage his every time he shows up
Toriyama is writing this as a continuation of his manga, so Coola doesn't exist.
If that doesn't convince you, he essentially said it himself when he spoke about Freeza's race.
Toriyama in the [url=http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/episode-bardock-akira-toriyama-super-qa/]Episode of Bardock Super Q&A[/url] wrote:About how many of Freeza’s race are there? Are they quite thriving, with a big population?
Freeza is what you might call a mutated life-form. Strictly speaking, Freeza’s father is a mutant with an abnormally high battle power. And, born from his father alone, still in strong possession of the mutant traits, was Freeza.

Accordingly, even saying “Freeza’s race”, these two are the only ones who possess an abnormal [level of] battle power and cruelty.
However that still includes Chilled, whose their predecessor. So it may be possible that the further down the like we go, the greater the mutagenic properties. However that still says nothing about their Race itself. Even if Freeza's family line is a mutation, a deviation from the norm for their race, that doesn't mean they'd be the only ones currently existing, or the only ones to ever develop mutations amongst their species. I don't think Toriyama was being very clear, or at best it was just a subject he hadn't given much thought to explaining before so he may not really know what he's going to do with them.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."