DBZ Ani-Manga

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son Gohan

DBZ Ani-Manga

Post by Son Gohan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:31 am

Does anyone know where i can find HQ or Large images of the DBZ Ani-Manga covers??

Thanks

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: DBZ Ani-Manga

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:53 am

Son Gohan wrote:Does anyone know where i can find HQ or Large images of the DBZ Ani-Manga covers??
When you scan them after buying them :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Son Gohan

Post by Son Gohan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:27 am

I Only need the Front covers not the WHOLE book.
Last edited by Son Gohan on Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:26 am

I'd like to see one or two scans from these things. Not the whole books, mind you. Just to see how they're done.

Of course, even if someone posted the entire books up somewhere, I probably still wouldn't read 'em. Just the whole point of an ani-manga for a show like Dragon Ball Z goes over my head.

I could understand if they just did the movies or something.

Son Gohan

Post by Son Gohan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:22 pm

Here's a Preview inside the DBZ Ani-Manga:

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:06 pm

Wow...it looks as amazingly redundantly retarded as I imagined.

I still, to this day, haven't gotten over the question as to why it exists.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:29 pm

I thought Ani-Manga was quite big in Europe, particuarly when nobody could get hold of the original material. But to quote many fans and hates, "cash whoring".
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:28 pm

It's better than I expected... but by no means "good".

Son Gohan

Post by Son Gohan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:12 pm

Son Gohan wrote:Does anyone know where i can find HQ or Large images of the DBZ Ani-Manga covers??

Thanks

Does anybody???

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:15 pm

Dominator wrote:I thought Ani-Manga was quite big in Europe, particuarly when nobody could get hold of the original material.
I've seen the DBZ movies and Sailor Moon in animanga form here, but it's nowhere near "quite big".

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:11 pm

Dominator wrote:I thought Ani-Manga was quite big in Europe, particuarly when nobody could get hold of the original material. But to quote many fans and hates, "cash whoring".
To quote Julian, "Redundantly redundant."

Anyways, I've been wondering. Does the Ani-Manga cover the filler too? Is there going to be a Garlic Jr. arc? I think it would be pretty terrible.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:49 pm

Son Gohan wrote:

Thanks

Does anybody???
Take the hint. If there's something you want, buy it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Panda
Beyond Newbie

Post by Panda » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:06 pm

Those are so lame... They have Lizzie McGuire ones to... :shock:

Gross... why did they put a fram of Yajarobe's ball-sack... that's just gross. (Okay... it's not his balls. But you can see his loin-cloth deal.)
Just remember, everytime something bad is happening to you. Something even worse is happening to someone else.

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:58 pm

Panda wrote:Those are so lame... They have Lizzie McGuire ones to... :shock:

Gross... why did they put a fram of Yajarobe's ball-sack... that's just gross. (Okay... it's not his balls. But you can see his loin-cloth deal.)
Oh, that is just wrong.

I don't really get why this is so hated. I understand the fact that it's basically milking, but why is it so bad?

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:05 pm

Eclipse wrote:
Panda wrote:Those are so lame... They have Lizzie McGuire ones to... :shock:

Oh, that is just wrong.

I don't really get why this is so hated. I understand the fact that it's basically milking, but why is it so bad?
Well, if we were going to look at scenes from the anime, wouldn't it make more sense to simply watch the anime? Conversely, if you wanted a manga format, you'd be better off with the actual manga.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:45 pm

Do they include the filler scenes?

Majin Cell
Not-So-Newbie
Location: I don't know where this place is but it sure is wierd.

Post by Majin Cell » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:57 pm

The only reason I could see to buy these, is if you're a serious collector and you like buying anything DragonBall related. Other than that , yeah , pretty redundant. If you want to read manga , then read the actual manga. If you want to look at scenes from the anime, then watch the anime. But hey, whatever ya like. To each their own I say. :)
It is impossible to improve upon perfection.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:12 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Son Gohan wrote:

Thanks

Does anybody???
Take the hint. If there's something you want, buy it.
Well, I don't think asking for scans of the covers is too much. Not exactly something that you should necesarily need to buy something to see.

But, Son Gohan. Asking more than once isn't going to help you. If someone had the covers, they would have posted them.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:07 pm

Dominator wrote:I thought Ani-Manga was quite big in Europe, particuarly when nobody could get hold of the original material. But to quote many fans and hates, "cash whoring".
I know a comic shop near where I live (England) that sells the official Tankoubon books, I purchased 2 of them, they did sell the art books as well, they sold though.

I'm sure there are other certain shops where DB manga can be obtained legally.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:34 am

These 'Ani-Manga' volumes are still popular I'm assuming because it's still in demand most likely. A few years back and these would have still been usefull for us, but it's kind of ridiculous to still have these around now, since anyone nowadays can simply screenshot any scene they wish. If I had A LOT of cash to splurge of Dragonball related collectables I'd purchase these as well haha. ( I bought Dragonball Z napkins for god's sake XD )

On a side note, bejita, when are you going to present us chapter 3 of your fan Dragonball manga? It's been... months.