Episode #0043 (17 September 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Maker777
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Maker777 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:55 pm

Great Podcast guys. Uh..one question, what did Julian say in Japanese on which Mike replied "Your Mum"? Oh also whilst listening to the Podcast I had nothing to do so I decided to draw and if you wanted to see it> http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5852/small44pi4.jpg
Its pretty big and it has to be other wise you cant see anything.
[b]Mr.Pedestrian[/b]
[url=http://www.users.on.net/~mateen/][b]Shnay Krew[/b][/url]
[url=http://mrpedestrian.deviantart.com/][b]DeviArt[/b][/url] || [url=http://www.myspace.com/_1_a][b]MySpace[/b][/url]

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:14 pm

So Mike, finally you have Shin Botuden. :) In my opinion it's the best 32bit DBZ game and also the best after Super DBZ (if you don't count The Bukuu series on the Handhelds). The holy grail. :mrgreen:

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:20 pm

More of my thoughts: Yeah, the first time I saw that Toriyama interview, I thought that it was some kind of mistake. He looks so normal. You'd think he'd at least be being interviewd while swimming in his piles of yen or something (DuckTales reference!). Not to hate, but I was hoping he'd be kinda wierd, too :(.

A 5th anniversary special?! Can anyone shed some light on this? Also, what's up with the lack of a 20th anniversary special? I'm guessing the kanzenban, DVD releases, and CD re-releases were considered enough for the series?
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:51 pm

Hey EX, during the episode you mentioned something about a 5th anniversary TV special that no one ever calls attention to.

Care to shed some light on the subject?
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:45 am

Maker777 wrote:Great Podcast guys. Uh..one question, what did Julian say in Japanese on which Mike replied "Your Mum"?
I don't remember what I said anymore (not listening to the podcast right now), but I believe it was something along the lines of "That Saturn was Mike's undoing." :)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

m121akuma
Beyond Newbie

Post by m121akuma » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:28 pm

ASHITA GA ARU! ASHITA GA ARU! ASHITA GA AAARUUU SAAA!!!

Julian, you are my hero.

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:23 pm

I really enjoyed this episode. Hopefully the random AMV guy can become a permanent member.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:44 pm

I'm all for Jeff Heller being in these recent episodes. He reminds me of my webmaster XD;

Among pekindbz's movies, I tracked my way down to some other interesting videos that seem to be like a quiz game with a telephone. You can see them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0pSyXJg3l4

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:32 am

I've been seeing doomrider video everywhere in YouTube. I know that daizex has an account now but do you mind people uploading them to their account without at least giving you credit (for the record, I don't do that myself..)
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:05 am

Mr.Piccolo wrote:I've been seeing doomrider video everywhere in YouTube. I know that daizex has an account now but do you mind people uploading them to their account without at least giving you credit (for the record, I don't do that myself..)
Of course I mind. They're re-compressing something down to under 100 MB that I'm not satisfied with at 160 MB, which in turn is being further compressed down to aboslute mis-timed SHIT in a format that never was, isn't, and never will be intended for video that's not some jackoff singing karaoke in front of a web-cam.

I refuse to personally offer that video on YouTube. If someone wants to watch it, I'd prefer they download it, pick it up on one of our AMV DVDs at a convention, or actually see it on the big screen at a convention.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:26 am

VegettoEX wrote:Of course I mind. They're re-compressing something down to under 100 MB that I'm not satisfied with at 160 MB, which in turn is being further compressed down to aboslute mis-timed SHIT in a format that never was, isn't, and never will be intended for video that's not some jackoff singing karaoke in front of a web-cam.
That's my biggest beef with YouTube as well - it makes everything look like ass. And Doomrider is one video that cannot be appreciated fully without exact timing and full resolution. It's still 'good' on YouTube - but it's not 'Doomrider good'.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:36 am

desirecampbell wrote:That's my biggest beef with YouTube as well - it makes everything look like ass. And Doomrider is one video that cannot be appreciated fully without exact timing and full resolution. It's still 'good' on YouTube - but it's not 'Doomrider good'.
Yeah, pretty much. It's also why I don't want to put up my Hajime no Ippo video on YouTube; the choruses in that video have such precise timings on one-or-two frames several times, and it just hurts my inner pretentious artist to see that all get completely thrown off.

I can't stop anyone from throwing that stuff up there, and I actually kinda don't care if they do... because then it means it connected with someone and they really enjoyed it... but I just don't want to be responsible for making my own work look like total ass :P. And of course, I'll continue to kindly ask that no-one else put it up there... so thanks ^^;;.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:43 am

VegettoEX wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:That's my biggest beef with YouTube as well - it makes everything look like ass. And Doomrider is one video that cannot be appreciated fully without exact timing and full resolution. It's still 'good' on YouTube - but it's not 'Doomrider good'.
Yeah, pretty much. It's also why I don't want to put up my Hajime no Ippo video on YouTube; the choruses in that video have such precise timings on one-or-two frames several times, and it just hurts my inner pretentious artist to see that all get completely thrown off.

I can't stop anyone from throwing that stuff up there, and I actually kinda don't care if they do... because then it means it connected with someone and they really enjoyed it... but I just don't want to be responsible for making my own work look like total ass :P. And of course, I'll continue to kindly ask that no-one else put it up there... so thanks ^^;;.
Why don't you put some sort of disclaimer(sp) within the videos at least. Throw in your url at least. I understand you don't mind that people upload them, but when other people get credit for something they 'found somewhere', that isn't cool at all.
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:57 am

Mr.Piccolo wrote:Why don't you put some sort of disclaimer(sp) within the videos at least. Throw in your url at least. I understand you don't mind that people upload them, but when other people get credit for something they 'found somewhere', that isn't cool at all.
All of our videos have ending bumpers on them. I'm not about to throw my URL in the bottom of the screen, or anything, just to "get credit" for something. I'd much rather inadvertently discover that someone enjoyed the video somehow than be responsibile for throwing my name all over it (which I've done time and time again by Googling for stuff ^_~) and ruining a perfectly good video. Heh.

Again, when it comes down to it, I don't care what people do with them... even if they want to say they made them, whatever (the community is self-correcting and someone will call them on it)... like I said, I just don't want to be personally responsible for further making my own videos look even worse :D.