Episode #0053 (26 November 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0053 (26 November 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:02 pm

Episode #0053 (download MP3)
71:41; 64 kbps, mono; 32.8 MB

Episode #0053! VegettoEX, Meri, and Julian break out into storytime with our new Fandom Theatre. We also review FUNimation's recent "First Strike" DVD boxset, containing their re-releases of DBZ movies 1, 2, and 3. News, releases, your e-mails, and more round out the episode. Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the disgusting *fifty-three* episodes, now.

We ran a little long this episode, but I think the stories more than make up for it. Take a little glimpse into our world... you'll almost be able to understand what we go through :P. Seriously, man? What's with some fans? *sigh*

Lots of pictures to check out, lots of things to consider buying... it's an exciting time of year. Even if there's not much coming out. It feels like there is.

Oh, a penny!

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:08 pm

Downloading now. Sounds great so far. Can't wait until I get to the review.

And I'm wondering if "some fans" means me. ._.;

And the list sounds interesting. Needs pictures, though. ^^;

Woo, Mike got a Wii. :mrgreen:

Fandom Theatre is a nice new addition; great for hearing the '90s VegettoEX pop out again. :D

Oh, that Hiroki Takahashi thing was priceless. :lol:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:45 pm

Hello, I'm Hiroki Takahashi. I've lost my CD single, and I would like you to send the songs.

BWAHAHA!! :lol:

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:48 pm

fps_anth wrote:Hello, I'm Hiroki Takahashi. I've lost my CD single, and I would like you to send the songs.
BWAHAHA!! :lol:
I just heard that. Oh man. I've gotta use that.

-new sig-

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:24 pm

:shock: I was laughing so hard at that fandom story, people like that are so freaking crazy it's amazing.

I really like the Top 5 children, Meri! Great list this week! Oh and Tom M. had a good e-mail, I hadn't even thought about that! Dabura really surprised me. He is one interesting character.

... oh and can we have that new ending theme from now on? LOL the yelling! Can somebody remix that? LOL
Last edited by QuantumDestiny on Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:26 pm

*Will listen tommorow as she's got work tonight*

Ooh! You have an old Genesis and with a GameGenie to boot! *oogles it*. Oh sweet nostalgia. X3

Mine are somewhere up in my messy, messy closet. TT_TT

Also, I adore Ocean's dvd covers for the first three movies. Especially Movie 2's. It stands out to me for some reason.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:46 pm

These still aren't working in my ipod! :x Is this problem happening with anyone else?
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:52 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:These still aren't working in my ipod! :x Is this problem happening with anyone else?
-Rick
It's not a problem for me that they don't work on your ipod. Bwahahaha!

Seriously, I have no idea. Try redownloading?

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:10 pm

LOL Awesome fandom theater...awesome.

Kula
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kula » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:23 pm

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:29 pm

Kula wrote:<snips image>
:shock:... Does this have anything to do with the podcast? I definately need to fix my ipod now. p.s. The tower of babel was featured in Final Fantasy IV. Wasn't so black though. :)
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:03 pm

Actually... what was that song playing at the end of the podcast?

DBZ-Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ-Guy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:22 pm

Good podcast, good podcast! And congrats on getting a Wii, i hope you have fun with it. I'm still waiting for the European release on 8 December. :wink:

Wow, Mike. That is one hell of a Sega tower! All you need now is a Sega CD and your Sega tower would be complete :D! I'm kinda jealous off all the consoles you own tough. Well, on to the podcast itself. I really enjoyed the new section as well as the theme music for it. I still can belive that idiot asked you everywhere on the web to get the CD single. What a weirdo. As for the discusion on the movie box with movie 1 - 3. Well, i dont think i will get this box since I'm not to fond of movie 1 & 2 but it was interesting to hear your opinions on it none the less. I actually like the new covers very much but i admit the old ones have some of that classic charm the new ones lack. And i so agree about Tullece voice, Tullece has a damn sexy voice!

Finaly, i have a question. Where can i get the version of the Budokai 2 opening you played in the end? It was very good! :)

Keep on doing the great work!
Currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Jump Ultimate Stars (DS).
Currently obsessed with: Death Note, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Busou Renkin

Kula
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kula » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:41 pm

Budokai 2 ending theme (Instrumental)...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KHV4AVRJ

There are Megaupload links for the Budokai bonus tracks here as well...

http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.p ... c&start=20
(The Rapidshares have been deleted)

BTW, does anyone know if there is a full length version of the instrumental guitar opening from the American Budokai 2? The version played during the opening movie is only 90 seconds long.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:44 pm

Fandom Theatre was so funny :D ; it was awesome. I can't believe he ended up doing all that. Mike, you must've deleted his topics too, because I can't find them anymore. I think I told him to check Yahoo! Japan Auctions.

Congratulations on acquiring a Wii. I'm waiting for a universal, DVD playing Wii from Japan. I'm sad that I have to wait, though. :(
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:04 pm

I just want to say I've fallen in love with Movie 3.

Tullece has quickly become my favorite movie villian.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:11 pm

Hm... I'm at Meri's Top 5 right now, and I've gotta say that the episode was pretty boring until you guys started talking about your little stories about the movies relating to your "younger years." That little Fandom Theatre piece just seemed like you needed your morning coffee or something. I know that that dude was giving you hell, but I still don't like talking bad about people (I guess that's my being a private school student showing :oops:).

But yeah, everything from your movie stories and on are pretty sweet :D. Trunks' little chat with Goten about biotechnology seems like reason enough for me to get movie 11 (I've been waiting for a reason to pick it up). Also, Yajirobe being made to initially be like a hick in Goku's eyes is a pretty interesting point (ponders on)...
Last edited by DaemonCorps on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

DBZ-Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ-Guy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:31 am

DaemonCorps wrote: know that that dude was giving you hell, but I still don't like talking bad about people.
Well, it's not that bad as long as you dont mention any names. I agree that naming people is crossing the line but as long as they just talk about it without mentioning who did the things i dont see anything wrong with it.
Currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Jump Ultimate Stars (DS).
Currently obsessed with: Death Note, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Busou Renkin

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:09 am

GONZO is flawless. Stop it. Take it back.

I remember when I first saw the original uncut dub of Movie 3. Tullece: "Who the hell are you?" I freaked out like Meri and Mike over Chi-chi. It was a neat dub. But I love Schemmel.

And I disagree, Son Goku has quite a bit of development throughout DB. But I'm tired. . . . Take it back.

DaSaiyanPrince

Post by DaSaiyanPrince » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:51 am

I'm not sure why some people don't like the English Dubs. :? I personally love all the VA's for the current english dubs. Not to say that I dont like the Japanese original but I am a fan of both.
O yea......got my Wii...