Episode #0054 (03 December 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0054 (03 December 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:55 pm

Episode #0054 (download MP3)
51:22; 64 kbps, mono; 23.5 MB

Episode #0054! VegettoEX and Meri (Julian's off singing!) discuss the week's big news concerning the upcoming Toriyama/Oda crossover, as well as the new remix CD coming out in Japan this month. Getting things going on the website with content updates, we also go over three new items for the "Rumor Guide"! Top 5 Daisuke Gori characters, releases, and your e-mails round out the episode. Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the disgusting *fifty-four* episodes, now.

It always feels good to be productive. There's nothing quite like getting work on the podcast done, AND getting work on the general website done. Hurray for us! We still have tons more to add, so maybe we'll address those in a future podcast episode.

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Episode #0054 (03 December 2006)

Post by chibi_goten » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:13 pm

This looks great, I think I'm going to keep an eye on this. I bet it goes for quite a price, but it will be fun to watch and helpful.
- Scott

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:26 pm

I don't want to be nit picky but I noticed that in your new rumor guide entry regarding Paikuhan you said that Namek is in the galaxy Kaio-Sama governs, the East Galaxy. I'm fairly certain that you mean the North Galaxy. Just a heads up. Other than that I like'em!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:34 pm

Slickmasterfunk wrote:I don't want to be nit picky but I noticed that in your new rumor guide entry regarding Paikuhan you said that Namek is in the galaxy Kaio-Sama governs, the East Galaxy. I'm fairly certain that you mean the North Galaxy. Just a heads up. Other than that I like'em!
D'oh! You're right... why'd I say that? x_X;;
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:08 pm

Yay, you mentioned Heihachi! :D

... *is a big Tekken fan* >>;

And he only played Heihachi Tekken 3-onwards! You didn't mention that! *pouts*

... Kidding. :lol:

And I enjoyed the Honda mention. :) *is also a Street Fighter fan* >>;

I love the new rumors. And I see that my info was used for the Goku on Namek one. *dances*

Nice Podcast. One of my faves. :)
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:12 pm

Woah, I can buy Weekly Jump! I'm sooo buying that crossover issue. :)

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:27 pm

Firstly, great 'cast (as the hip kids say). Even with no Julian-sensei I can still learn things? Who knew?!

Secondly:
The Tori-bot wrote:I love the new rumors. And I see that my info was used for the Goku on Namek one. *dances*
Hold it kid. I'm the official dancing fool for the 'shuu (as the hip kids say).

Finally:
I really want to get this. But the, uh, Japanese thing is a bit of a stumbling block for me.

[*]First, can I even get this shipped to Canuck-land (as the hip kids say)?
[*]Secondly, how would I do that?

I am at your mercy my fine fellows (the hips kids don't say that)!

-------------------------------
"I'm going to say yes, even though I've never tested it."

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:37 pm

WOW! It's up so early!
Just my luck I start work early today as well. TT_TT

I'm very much looking forward to the crossover. If its anything like Toriyama's recent escapades it should be fun. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:44 pm

desirecampbell wrote:I really want to get this. But the, uh, Japanese thing is a bit of a stumbling block for me.

[*]First, can I even get this shipped to Canuck-land (as the hip kids say)?
[*]Secondly, how would I do that?
http://kanzentai.com/features/amazon_japan.html
I keep getting an error message when I try to make a new account there, but it could just be me... :roll:.

Nice podcast, guys. Though I think just reading the Rumor Guide on the site was good enough for me, since that's pretty much what you guys said in this episode.

(Going over podcast description) Erm... how come you've been listing DBZ volumes 40-42 in your list of referenced sites?

Was Julian really out singing? I guess I could picture that, but still. And yeah, the little Japanese closing message was pretty cool when done by both you guys :D.

But yeah, keep doing what your doing because your so good at it (yeah, I've been listening to the fandom episode a few times...). And might I suggest doing a podcast episode dedicated to some of the old Ask VegettoEX questions? I remember you saying you'd do that eventually.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:10 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Erm... how come you've been listing DBZ volumes 40-42 in your list of referenced sites?
Umm... because they're in the releases section? Coming out this month? And we talked about them in the show? :)

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:19 pm

I got my shit off of Amazon Japan fairly easy. There's a link at the right of every page that you can click on to translate most of the site into English. I signed up (I'm in Ontario, Canada) and I've gotten Son Goku Densetsu, Neko Majin and two R2 DVDs. No problems. Amazon ftw. :D

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:24 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
DaemonCorps wrote:Erm... how come you've been listing DBZ volumes 40-42 in your list of referenced sites?
Umm... because they're in the releases section? Coming out this month? And we talked about them in the show? :)
Aw crap,. For some reason, I was thinking about the manga volumes :oops:.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:27 pm

Whoa! I knew he was Pigma in Starfox Assault, but he was Andross from the original 64 game!? YES.

Thanks for playing my audio e-mail ^^ I have what I'd hope to be an interesting video-game related DBZ question for you guys next week, so I'll get on that when I get the chance.

I MUST see this crossover special *_* Considering they're actually JUST about to finish up a story arc for One Piece, it's POSSIBLE that they might sort of half-cannonically tie in the story to what exactly's gonna happen in the crossover, but I kinda doubt it. Either way, it's gonna be at least 10 different categories of awesome.

Phred
Beyond Newbie

Post by Phred » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:19 pm

Hee, I supose you don't take Master Roshi saying Super Saiyan Goku was like "an entirely different person" as evidence?
Whatever, maybe that was just dub/filler.
Great episode~!
[url=http://phred.thegreatbeyond.net]Comix Productions[/url]

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:35 pm

The crossover isn't going to tie into the OP storyline. I've seen it listed as a one shot. So it may just the authors doing something unrelated to DB and OP. We will only know when it comes out in a little over 3 weeks.
- Life is a game, play it!

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:48 pm

Is Shenlong voiced by Daisuke Ghori? Wasn't he voiced by Kenji Utsumi? :?

DBZGirl

Post by DBZGirl » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:08 pm

I loved this episode, especially Meri's Top 5 Daisuke Gôri characters! :D I also loved the topic, and when again is the OP DB crossover coming out?
*Can almost always be found running through streets singing a random DBZ song*

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:10 pm

The Thursday before December 25th it should be online. That is the usual dates scans appear for Jump issues (the Thursday before). The issue itself comes out December 25th.
- Life is a game, play it!

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:10 pm

This podcast left me with a huge smile on my face while I do my mountain of school work. I've never watched/read One Piece but I am so psyched for this crossover now!! ....You guys are also getting me hooked on the video games too...

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:06 pm

A wise man once wrote::!: I'd just like to say that I actually went and "rebooted" my ipod, clearing everything I had, to fix the podcast problem and now it works. In case you were wondering, it was just about worth it. 8) As for the whole One Piece DragonBall crossover, this might actually get me into One Piece. Then again, I didn't become a Bobobohbo Bohbobo(best name) fan from that Vegeta battle parody...

I keep hearing that One Piece is the modern DragonBall (not Z or GT). Who knows; you think it will become Daizex's next course of action down the line (that or Naruto)..?
:roll:
So pissed right now..
-Rick
Last edited by Mr.Piccolo on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]