Dragon Ball Kai to air in Poland in April

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Kai to air in Poland in April

Post by sangofe » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:29 pm

BartG wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:58 pm Seems like they're recording the Cell arc now.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ctw9dUDo ... BiNWFlZA==
Is that overpowered muscle trunks?

BartG

Post by BartG » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:38 pm

Tian wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:30 pm
I hope Anita Sajnóg shows up as well
I hope so as well. Kai is being recorded alongside the new season on Harley Quinn so they share many cast members. If she shows up over there, she might be featured in Kai as well.
sangofe wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:29 pm
BartG wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:58 pm Seems like they're recording the Cell arc now.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ctw9dUDo ... BiNWFlZA==
Is that overpowered muscle trunks?
Seems like it. He says "I can't believe it. Why can't I hit him?" And yells "Dammit!" at the end.

BartG

Post by BartG » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:18 am

Piotr Tołoczko returns as Cell from Super Hero.

BartG

Post by BartG » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:54 pm

Somewhat unrelated but DBS is set to air on Polsat's Eska TV channel in September.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:47 pm

https://youtu.be/8i0Bb2AZupE?si=8mr5MGN4jo9QX6PB

I've seen some people commenting about Piotr Tołoczko not changing the pitch of his voice to match Cell's transformations.

I understand that some Polish fans are also fans of the FUNi dub but I don't think mimicking Dameon Clarke's take should be a standard for dubbing Cell.

At least, not in dubs based in the original Japanese version.

Personally, I like the voice. The raspiness gives Wakamoto's vibes.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:31 am

https://youtu.be/EccCKU6hPnE?si=7NyzskwVgUrS2mKd

The SSJ2 scream surpassed my expectations. It's good.

I'm glad Oskar Stencel slightly changed the pitch for Cell Games Gohan.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:01 am

Tian wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:47 pm https://youtu.be/8i0Bb2AZupE?si=8mr5MGN4jo9QX6PB

I've seen some people commenting about Piotr Tołoczko not changing the pitch of his voice to match Cell's transformations.

I understand that some Polish fans are also fans of the FUNi dub but I don't think mimicking Dameon Clarke's take should be a standard for dubbing Cell.

At least, not in dubs based in the original Japanese version.

Personally, I like the voice. The raspiness gives Wakamoto's vibes.
I think it's a bit too high pitched. I really dislike Vegeta's polish voice.

BartG

Post by BartG » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:56 pm

The Final Chapters was supposed to air this Thursday but got delayed today with no new date announced.

BartG

Post by BartG » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:47 am

Episode 98 just aired. Like I said, this will be the last episode for a while until the Boo arc airs at a later date.

In the meantime...
DB KAI EPS 1-98 POLISH DUB ROUNDUP

The Polish dub featured:
  • 1 ADR director
  • 10 scriptwiters
  • 5 script revisers
  • 12 editors
  • 1 mixer
  • 4 production managers
  • 114 actors
  • 360 characters

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:14 pm

Dude has created a video using AI where Masako Nozawa and Ryo Horikawa are talking in polish. It's actually pretty good. Sounds better than official polish dub. It needs more work but it's still amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bed80jUuus
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:32 am

BartG wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:56 pm The Final Chapters was supposed to air this Thursday but got delayed today with no new date announced.
Did it ever air?
Trouser wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:14 pm Dude has created a video using AI where Masako Nozawa and Ryo Horikawa are talking in polish. It's actually pretty good. Sounds better than official polish dub. It needs more work but it's still amazing.

Dude that sounds amazing. Would be interesting to hear several languages.

BartG

Post by BartG » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:40 am

sangofe wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:32 am
BartG wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:56 pm The Final Chapters was supposed to air this Thursday but got delayed today with no new date announced.
Did it ever air?
It's currently set to air on January 23rd but in the timeslot where they air the subbed version.
Trouser wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:14 pm Dude has created a video using AI where Masako Nozawa and Ryo Horikawa are talking in polish. It's actually pretty good. Sounds better than official polish dub. It needs more work but it's still amazing.

Really drives the point home how close Perdek's speech mannerisms are to Nozawa's.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:39 pm

BartG wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:40 am It's currently set to air on January 23rd but in the timeslot where they air the subbed version.
Has a dub for Final Chapters been confirmed yet? Maybe the sub is airing temporarily until its completed so Polsat Games don't have to keep changing the premiere date this time.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

BartG

Post by BartG » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:00 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:39 pm
BartG wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:40 am It's currently set to air on January 23rd but in the timeslot where they air the subbed version.
Has a dub for Final Chapters been confirmed yet? Maybe the sub is airing temporarily until its completed so Polsat Games don't have to keep changing the premiere date this time.
Yes, it has been confirmed.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:55 pm

To my biggest surprise, the dub ain't horrible at all. Bulma's great and King Kai could easily rival the OG actor

clips for any international dub obsessed 'collectionist' fans to check out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce1oKL1 ... DJ&index=5

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:07 pm

You are right it sounds great!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:27 am

Call me crazy but I think it was a good idea that they dubbed Kai after Super.

You can tell how much the voice actors have improved on and got used to their roles since Super. I feel Kai's dub is superior than Super's because of this.

Having been the other way around, Kai would've sounded awkward at first and then it would've progressively improved or worsened at some point.

Thank Kami, they've avoided that and the cast could give all they've got since minute zero.

BartG

Post by BartG » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:10 am

Tian wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:27 am Call me crazy but I think it was a good idea that they dubbed Kai after Super.

You can tell how much the voice actors have improved on and got used to their roles since Super. I feel Kai's dub is superior than Super's because of this.

Having been the other way around, Kai would've sounded awkward at first and then it would've progressively improved or worsened at some point.

Thank Kami, they've avoided that and the cast could give all they've got since minute zero.
I agree. Even at the end of Super, you can tell how much the cast improved. It also helps that Kosmowski is now more experienced as a director. I think that most of the new actors and the ones that had to be recast are generally much better fits than in Super.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:22 pm

Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters will start on January 23, 2024 on Polsat Games.

The series will be broadcasted in the original version with Polish subs from 09:00 and with Polish dubbing from 13:30.
https://www.facebook.com/polsatgames/ph ... 5158682319

BartG

Post by BartG » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:59 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:22 pm Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters will start on January 23, 2024 on Polsat Games.

The series will be broadcasted in the original version with Polish subs from 09:00 and with Polish dubbing from 13:30.
https://www.facebook.com/polsatgames/ph ... 5158682319
Not necessarily. The current schedule says that the subbed version will indeed air on January 23rd but the dubbed version won't air until February 9th. Episode 86 is set to air in the dubbed timeslot on the 23rd.
https://programtv.naziemna.info/program ... Ball+Z+Kai

Seems like a mistake by the PR guys.