Episode #0085 (08 July 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:43 am

Great podcast. Some of the questions were really hard, but i enjoyed trying to work them out. I wish i went to the convention. :wink:
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:59 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Sebastian (SB) wrote:If even the panelists were making mistakes, that sound pretty bad & not so entertaining to me.
Mike and Meri said half the fun of the panel was watching me ready to explode out of sheer cognitive dissonance between what the panelists were saying and what I knew were the right answers to the questions. :?
That reminds me of me for some reason. That panel is pretty much the limit of knowledge down here we the exception of a few people. Even some hardcore fans in my town think Toriyama's dead, or that AF is being broadcast in Japan (and yet it isn't on the internet yet).

And this is why I like this site, I get to talk to other smart people =D

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:42 pm

QuantumDestiny wrote:
Sebastian (SB) wrote:I was wondering, how was that other DBZ related panel at NEXT?
Compared to DBZ Variety Hour? It was a LOT less fun, but still entertaining because of how ridiculous the discussion was!
I really enjoyed the Everything About DBZ panel. It started off with the MMORPG, which I had been wondering about but too lazy to look up. Plus, discussions are up my alley. Without that panel, my DBZ experience for that con wouldn't be so complete. Not to mention, some of the comments from the guys (and people in the audience) were witty: like you said, cosplayer Gohan. He was awesome. :lol:
QuantumDestiny wrote:especially when there was a comment about Goku ripping off his shirt... LOL.
I'm proud to say, that was me. :D At the end of every movie Goku's missing his shirt. :lol: (I know that's an exaggeration, but still.)
QuantumDestiny wrote:Otherwise, I noticed a lot of the same questions popped up in DBZ Variety Hour, probably because the answers in the other panel were mostly, "Uh... honestly, we couldn't tell you. It's not stated."
Actually, I noticed that when the first panel was asked a question that didn't have a canical answer, like "Why didn't Pan go super saiyajin?", they would say it wasn't stated, but then they would tell you their theories. :P Yeah, um, take that as you will, but they did mention that they were only theories...

Not that I disliked the Daizex panel or anything, but I went into the first DBZ panel thinking it would be a joke, then come out with a happy, satisfied feeling. (And a Daizex flyer from Julian. :P) To be honest, I'd have to say I enjoyed the first panel more because of the discussion, and the overall atmosphere. BUT, I did enjoy the Daizex panel! It's just I didn't have as much fun being in the audience, not knowing the answers to most of the questions.
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:24 pm

veshira wrote:I really enjoyed the Everything About DBZ panel...Without that panel, my DBZ experience for that con wouldn't be so complete.
Ahh I completely agree! I kind of expected it'd be really dry discussion, talking a lot about video games (which I'm not that big on...) so the first few minutes were kind of boring to me, but then it picked up and got really fun!
veshira wrote:I'm proud to say, that was me. :D At the end of every movie Goku's missing his shirt. :lol: (I know that's an exaggeration, but still.)
*dies* That was you? I was laughing so hard at that, thank you :D !
veshira wrote: To be honest, I'd have to say I enjoyed the first panel more because of the discussion, and the overall atmosphere.
I enjoyed Variety Hour more (maybe because I was a contestant *_*), just because it was different than talking about topics this forum has gone over time and again. But Everything About DBZ was still extremely fun and nobody should be dissing it, because the more DragonBall the better!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:56 pm

QuantumDestiny wrote:the more DragonBall the better!
*nods*

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:51 pm

This was the most frustrating thing I've ever heard. These contestants were dumb! I knew most of the answers and it pissed me off that I couldn't shout them out.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:26 pm

Humpski wrote:This was the most frustrating thing I've ever heard. These contestants were dumb! I knew most of the answers and it pissed me off that I couldn't shout them out.
VegettoEX, back on Page 2 wrote:Hey, folks...

I'm really hoping that some of the people who attended the panel that weren't already visitors/listeners will come check out the site and podcast. I'm really having a problem with you all calling names and making fun of them just because they didn't know as many answers as you. They're probably reading this thread and thinking everyone's a giant jackass that runs back to their computer and anonymously slams others for being "less" of a nerd.

Like I said, I would *expect* you all to know all of the answers... but this panel *wasn't directly for you*... please keep that in mind.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:29 pm

QuantumDestiny wrote:I enjoyed Variety Hour more (maybe because I was a contestant *_*), just because it was different than talking about topics this forum has gone over time and again.
I know you did! Don't think I didn't see you beasting those Saiyajin names up there. :lol: You and Gohan had to be the most enthusiastic contestants up there. I'm glad you guys were up there. ^^
QuantumDestiny wrote:But Everything About DBZ was still extremely fun and nobody should be dissing it, because the more DragonBall the better!
Yes, definitely. That's why I love this site so much - there's just more and more DragonBall relatedness coming out each week, done by very hard-working folk that live in the New Jersey and New York and go to AnimeNEXT and make sexy music videos of awesomeness (which occasionally are related to DB.) :D
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:02 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Humpski wrote:This was the most frustrating thing I've ever heard. These contestants were dumb! I knew most of the answers and it pissed me off that I couldn't shout them out.
VegettoEX, back on Page 2 wrote:Hey, folks...

I'm really hoping that some of the people who attended the panel that weren't already visitors/listeners will come check out the site and podcast. I'm really having a problem with you all calling names and making fun of them just because they didn't know as many answers as you. They're probably reading this thread and thinking everyone's a giant jackass that runs back to their computer and anonymously slams others for being "less" of a nerd.

Like I said, I would *expect* you all to know all of the answers... but this panel *wasn't directly for you*... please keep that in mind.
Sorry, guess you're right.

Still... unbelievably frustrating. :?