Episode #0086 (15 July 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:52 pm

tinlunlau wrote:Yeah! As I recalled, those cosplayers looked pretty cute in person.
Kirbopher wrote:I THINK I also saw the Trunks and Goten at AX at some point, actually...
I confused as to why we're referring to "them" in the third person. :?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:03 pm

I'm pretty sure the Goten and Trunks some of you guys are spotting are Quantum and her sister, which if is the case, I wonder how they'd interact around a GT dressed Gohan. Goten: "Big brother, how'd you age so quickly?" Trunks: "Don't you know anything? Genetic engineering!" :D

And Quantum, if that's you as Videl, lookin' good. :oops:

Great podcast guys!
14 years later

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:53 pm

That is epic
Hey Quantum, is that the same guy who flipped over a table in a sushi resturant, ran down the street and caught the bus all to avoid to bill?

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:12 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
That is epic
Hey Quantum, is that the same guy who flipped over a table in a sushi resturant, ran down the street and caught the bus all to avoid to bill?
That isn't Great Saiya-justice! That fiend!

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:12 pm

Oh my god xD

That makes me want to go to a Con soooo bad, just to see funny stuff like that.

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:19 pm

Uh yeah, the Goten and Trunks are my sister and I... (I was also Videl on Friday). I thought everyone knew that by now o_0;. If you people saw me before, why didn't anyone come up and talk to me? Otherwise I only get to rant about DragonBall to myself... I thought it might be weird of me to ask for Mike, Meri, and Julian's photo, so I regret not getting one of them too. :( Too bad Julian wasn't in this episode, he is actually quite cute :shock: in real life.
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
That is epic
The one and the same. I asked him why he just didn't create an earthquake with his leg. At night I forced him into position and took that photo XD.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:13 pm

Huh? What did I miss? Conventions around here...damn. Anyway good cosplay as always QD. I remember you as Trunks and Gohan(s) though...
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:10 am

FINALLY listened to the episode. Cute little one, I need a distraction.

Glad you guys liked the Beck dub too :>

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:25 am

Gahhh, I wish I'd known and planned in advanced, so I'd have been able to attend one of these anime cons... :cry: I guess I'll have to see if there are any others in the tri-state area before the end of September, when school starts. There are probably a bunch in the San Francisco area as well though, so I guess even if I can't make any others this summer I'll still have something to look forward to. :D

Also, I'm happy that you guys addressed the Trunks SSJ2 issue...I remember all the speculation back on PN, when people didn't pay much attention to lightning in the scanlations. GameFAQs and some other sites (Pojo and MFG come to mind) have also been hit by a plague of posts of this sort. Those and Cell vs. Dabra posts. Not many issues of when Vegeta achieved SSJ2. ::gets shot:: You know, SSJ2 was a very evil plot device. Too bad Gokû had to demonstrate the forms and give them names to stall Buu, it was better unnamed as just a "Super" Super Saiyan state...we could be arguing about something else now, like timelines or power levels...oh wait.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:52 am

desirecampbell wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:Yeah! As I recalled, those cosplayers looked pretty cute in person.
Kirbopher wrote:I THINK I also saw the Trunks and Goten at AX at some point, actually...
I confused as to why we're referring to "them" in the third person. :?
I'm confused to your confusion.
The world is your's.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:24 pm

tinlunlau wrote:I'm confused to your confusion.
The Trunks and Goten cosplayers are QD and her sister Glay. I thought everyone knew.

I mean, I've pointed out before how hardcore she is. :P

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:37 pm

desirecampbell wrote:I mean, I've pointed out before how hardcore she is. :P
Holy crap, that's hardcore. Kudos to you, QD.

kuchi

Post by kuchi » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:25 pm

QuantumDestiny wrote:*cackles* YES! I've been waiting for an opportunity to post these... I managed to get photos of every DragonBall cosplayer at the con. It seems you guys missed a few!

Pan
Videl and Great Saiyaman
Number 18
Number 17
Bulma
More Great Saiyaman
Trunks, Future Trunks, and Goten
Gohan in Kai outfit
Goten, Gohan, and Trunks

I wish I had had more energy to dig around through the dealers room. I had no idea there were doujinshi or daizenshuu there :( !
Hah, the chibi Trunks and Goten cosplayers are sisters. I saw almost the exact same picture of them posted on one of their deviantart accounts... and I think the chibi Trunks is also the first Videl, but I could be mistaken. Thanks for catching the great costumes!

EDIT: ...and I see this has already been pointed out. Very sorry for the repetition.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:53 pm

When me and my friend saw that guy (Android 17) at the con, we nick named him "Caveman 17". There was a whole back story and everything...

Sorry, nothing against him, I just have no soul. :(

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:09 pm

You should go to a con in a tanooki outfit. That'd be bad ass.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:47 pm

You should go to a con in a tanooki outfit. That'd be bad ass.
I wore a Tanooki Mario shirt, thats as far as I'll go with cosplaying. :?