Episode #0087 (29 July 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0087 (29 July 2007)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:51 am

Episode #0087 (download MP3)
43:26; 64 kbps, mono; 19.8 MB

Episode #0087! VegettoEX and Meri give an overview of Otakon from the DBZ fan's perspective. In addition to going over our panel ("The DBZ You've Never Seen") and sharing some of the things we played, we also discuss some of the great things that could be found in the dealer's room. Video clips and images accompany much of the discussion! Viz news, FUNimation news, video game news, and your e-mails round out the episode. Referenced sites: Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the splendid *eighty-seven* episodes, now.

I'm going to go ahead and just post some of the linked-images right here in the thread for convenience, if you happen to be here and reading :P.

So here are the five books I purchased (the big one in the middle is the program guide book):

Here are the capsule figures all set up with some of the other figures we already owned behind them (Lunch, SSJ Trunks, Ginyu, Raditz, Gohan/Umigame, Goku, Piccolo):

Here is a random Chi-Chi cosplayer we grabbed for a picture while in line for the dealer's room on Friday!

Here is the group of cosplayers that came to our panel! Yay!

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:54 am

Haven't grabbed it yet but I just had to say, that Chichi cosplayer is Hot. :shock: Thanks!

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:10 am

Beware, with that Chichi cosplayer, Rocketman will foam at the mouth and probably keel over into a coma. :P

*DLing*
14 years later

balrog
Not-So-Newbie

Post by balrog » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:28 am

Now, why did they have a guy as Lunch and a girl as #17? I think they were confused.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:29 am

I remember those friggin commercials, I had no idea (at the time) the clip on the TV was from movie 1. Thanks for putting those up. :D

nwoo_2002
Beyond Newbie

Post by nwoo_2002 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:29 pm

Welcome back Ver Ghetto EX, nice to know i'm not the only one to waste his masterball on Mewtwo.

Keep up the Podcasts guys!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:19 pm

Listening right now. Mike, I'll take you on in a Wi-Fi battle or two once you catch up to me in Pearl. You ARE gonna put up your Friend Code eventually, right?

By the way, from the Otakon panel? That girl who was asking about that scene with Vegeta and Trunks in the rain? Yeah, I was TRYING to give the answer, but I was ignored. >:( The scene is from the part after Vegeta got smacked around by #18, and he's standing around on a rock being all reflective and ignoring Trunks.

I NEEEED to get a decent-quality copy of that CGI dance video thing.

I need to go to work now...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:49 pm

nwoo_2002 wrote:Welcome back Ver Ghetto EX, nice to know i'm not the only one to waste his masterball on Mewtwo.

Keep up the Podcasts guys!
What else is there to use the master ball on? Last time I checked, there wasn't any Pokemon that can be found that are higher then Level 70...

Also, great podcast episode.

"To you Goku, my greatest pupil with a tail!"

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:29 pm

Just listening to the podcast now -

Holy shit Host Club's getting released?! SEAKING FUCK YEAH!

Ahem. Anyway. Yes. Good podcast.

kuchi

Post by kuchi » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:56 pm

Wonderful podcast, as always! I am definitely one of the aforementioned "corrupted youth" who visited the ToT waaay back when (elementary school for me, too).

Also downloaded the Honey and Clover video; I'll get a .org opinion to you about that soon, but overall: beathtakingly beautiful, great use of effects (and I appreciate the moderation where those were concerned), etc, etc.

Is the Hironobu Kageyama/Tower of Power music video on YouTube or any other video-hosting site? I tried a few keywords with no luck.

"What kind of gas are you emitting?" Oh my...

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:02 pm

balrog wrote:Now, why did they have a guy as Lunch and a girl as #17? I think they were confused.
Never heard of crossplayers I take it?

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:46 pm

*face palm* This always happens. I just started collecting the Manga this year (I'm stuck at Vol. 6 cuz I can't find it, grr) and it's of course the edited versions with the grey scale pages and all that jazz. So what happens? They decide to put out a series of books that'll save me money, have the color pages and possibly be un-edited. Damn, I guess I'll finish collecting Dragonball and then wait for the new DBZ books since DBZ gets edited more than Dragonball, this all assuming they do it un-edited.
"There's ten thousand reasons to survive, but you only needed one to die." -CKY-

Lobster_Rage155
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lobster_Rage155 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:05 pm

Huh... "Oolong" from the dubbed Chinese film sounds like something out of the Story of Ricky dub. O_O

balrog
Not-So-Newbie

Post by balrog » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:43 pm

Super Sonic wrote:
balrog wrote:Now, why did they have a guy as Lunch and a girl as #17? I think they were confused.
No, and I would like to keep it that way.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:58 pm

Awesome podcast as usual. I especially liked your response to the guy who wasn't into Dragon Ball. I have a feeling that you're right about him expecting some kind of fanboy answer about liking the fighting and the blood and the swearing. But good on him for actually asking in the first place.

The Harmony dub sound clips were hilarious! When "Hay-maker" was mentioned, I automatically thought of the basketball nickname "rain-maker" :lol:.

As for corrupted youth visiting ToT, I think I was actually turned off from the site after reading some of its crude-ness back when I found it in grade school. But I'm glad I can appreciate it's odd jokes now (like the whole Tenshinhan/Chauzu thing :?...).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:34 pm

balrog wrote:
Super Sonic wrote:
Some do rather ok, especially girls dressing as characters like Envy.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:56 pm

kuchi wrote:Is the Hironobu Kageyama/Tower of Power music video on YouTube or any other video-hosting site? I tried a few keywords with no luck.
Here you go.

Nice podcast guys. I especially like how that one guy came up to you & expressed that he couldn't get into Dragon Ball, that does deserve respect indeed. It's go to hear people of different ages enjoying themselves in the panel.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:09 am

Super Sonic wrote:
balrog wrote:
Super Sonic wrote: Never heard of crossplayers I take it?
Some do rather ok, especially girls dressing as characters like Envy.
Currently downloading the podcast... but as for the Lunch cosplayer in that photo... FOR SHAME you guys. She is female! I know that for a fact.

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:57 am

QuantumDestiny wrote:Currently downloading the podcast... but as for the Lunch cosplayer in that photo... FOR SHAME you guys. She is female! I know that for a fact.
It's pretty obvious really. Maybe it's the angle of that photograph that gave you guys the wrong impression. Also, she's holding that machine gun up to her chest which sort of hides her breasts.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:08 am

I didn't really look at the picture. I was just surprised he never knew people dressed as the opposite gender. But like Quantum said, that is definately a girl.