3rd TV Special

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Raki
I Live Here

3rd TV Special

Post by Raki » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:01 pm

Do any of our older Dragonball fans remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCffIkgoHI4 . The uploader claims this aired in Japan during the Cell Saga,and is a recap of many of the movies. Any information on this?
Last edited by Raki on Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:09 pm

Oh. Seen that before. Either here, or the DaizEX main site, or Kanzentai. I'll look around, but someone else will probably find it before me.

Freeza93
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza93 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:20 pm

Looks like this is a job for VegettoEX!!

But i thinks it's probably just one of those clip episodes tv series sometimes use as filler. ON an other note: look at the other videos the up loader has to offer. Some of them are quite interesting.
I finally bought a gamecube. To bad they don't make any games for it now.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:56 pm

I remember seeing this on Ramza's fansub list (it looks like he's uploaded a sample to his youtube account as well).

I heard it wasn't really anything special.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Yeah, Ramza was the only one we knew that had it on tape back in the day. I never got a copy :P.

A lot of people started realizing its existence when they got in the 3-CD BGM Collection in 2006, where it lists all of the DBZ episode air-dates. There was a third "SP" listed on December 31st, 1993. Of course, pre-YouTube, it was a lot harder for people to be aware of anything's existence...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:54 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Yeah, Ramza was the only one we knew that had it on tape back in the day. I never got a copy :P.

A lot of people started realizing its existence when they got in the 3-CD BGM Collection in 2006, where it lists all of the DBZ episode air-dates. There was a third "SP" listed on December 31st, 1993. Of course, pre-YouTube, it was a lot harder for people to be aware of anything's existence...
Was there any reason why it hadn't been included in the Dragonbox sets?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:08 pm

Magica wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Yeah, Ramza was the only one we knew that had it on tape back in the day. I never got a copy :P.

Probably because it was just a recap, and if you had the DB sets, you wouldn't really need that! :D
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:39 pm

Still pretty cool to watch.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:52 pm

Magica wrote:
They might not have the rights to it if it only aired once

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:23 pm

I've seen a higher-quality version of the beginning where they're in suits; I even had it on my favorites; but YouTube deleted it a while ago.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

eienmic
Not-So-Newbie

Post by eienmic » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:10 am

My friend taped almost every episode of Z when he lived in Japan and I happened to see that as well when I was watching all of his tapes (took a lot of damn time). The only cool part was seeing Goku and Gohan in there white tuxedos and if I recall, Goku makes some funny comment about how he hates wearing anything but his gi and Gohan rebukes him because they're on TV or filming a special or something. Think I still have a copy in my storage somewhere. Can't be sure as I don't have a VCR anymore.
http://eienmic.deviantart.com/

JohnnyBoy_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by JohnnyBoy_Z » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:03 pm

eienmic wrote:My friend taped almost every episode of Z when he lived in Japan and I happened to see that as well when I was watching all of his tapes.
Same here. I remember seeing this on an old VHS tape my friend lent me. And I haven't seen it since then. It was in between some episodes from the Cell Ark, if I remember correctly. And it was also much longer than that youtube vid. That was a back in the day!. The picture quality looked pretty much same, more or less.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:32 pm

And here I thought I had seen everything ! Bummer they aren't on the dragon boxes.

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:39 pm

Heh, wow, I've never even heard of this. To bad there isn't a high quality version of it...
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Son Gohan

Post by Son Gohan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:47 pm

_Jrinu_ wrote:Heh, wow, I've never even heard of this. To bad there isn't a high quality version of it...
Yeah, surprised it wasn't on any of the Dragon Boxes, especially the movies edition. Maybe on the singles?

Genki-Dama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Genki-Dama » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:44 am

It makes me happy to see that there is still more Dragon Ball material out there :D