Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Your "Daizenshuu EX" Introduction

Post by LilKokuLink » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:15 pm

I was interested in DragonBall DVD's and so eventually Google led me to Daizex's awesome DVD guide. However I didn't have time to read through so I put it in my favourites and left it there, then I stumbled upon the Daizex YouTube account. Funnily enough, an intellectual YouTube comment on the channel got me interested in the podcast and I eventually joined the forums.

It's that amazing DVD guide... :wink:
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Hm, I think I do remember the old VegettoEX website . Never did stick around that much back then though. Only recently have I rediscovered the site when Kanzentai linked a thread from the forum about the first domestic DBOX release. I also loved your fanboyrevew article about the many Funi DVD releases in America. And since I'm a HUGE DragonBall fan, lover, admirer, etc, I decided that I cannot miss the opportunity to be a part of one of the biggest Dragon Communities out there. So here I am. :)
I'm new but I hope to stick around. ^^

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:37 pm

BobZ wrote:Only recently have I rediscovered the site when Kanzentai linked a thread from the forum about the first domestic DBOX release.
Glad you made it over here!
BobZ wrote:I also loved your fanboyrevew article about the many Funi DVD releases in America.
Aw, thanks man! I appreciate it. :D
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

The Prince

Post by The Prince » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:22 am

I don't know why I feel like answering something this old, but I just do. I stumbled onto this, and MFG years ago. I guess I was 12, maybe 13(20 now)? Those were the days I'd beg my mom to go to the library to get on here, and other sites. I'd then look through all sorts of sites looking for cool pictures (usually faked) of the "new levels of super saiyan power"! Wow, those were the days :roll: .

Anyways, I think I was a member on a previous version of the forum, but so many members were active on multiple forums back then that I honestly can't even remember which sites things happened on hardly. Anymore I just jump in and check news, and scan topics, maybe it's a good thing I don't see a debate or something to jump in on, I don't have as much time anymore. A lot of the people I used to debate with have moved on it seems. I still remember some of the crazy debates that used to go on about "so-and-so VS. so-and-so". The "glorious" reasoning behind it all, and I honestly don't really know if those memories were good.
"The reign of the dark horse has ended!"

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:52 am

I don't remember exactly how I discovered DaizEX five years ago...

I think I was getting more interested in knowing the series and searched for good fansites, and I came across this site.

There are a few things I remember from the *cough* old days *cough*... the first thing it was Lunch holding the number 7, some news about the DBZ DS game "Harukanaru Densetsu", the old domain name "daizenshuuex.com", and the no longer working "Music Download" page.

But I hooked up to it and it became one of my favorites for these years.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:06 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:the old domain name "daizenshuuex.com"
You remember things that never existed, apparently...!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:25 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote:the old domain name "daizenshuuex.com"
You remember things that never existed, apparently...!
I could've swear the name was shortened from daizenshuuex.com to daizex.com! I think I had a brain fart...!!
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:18 pm

I don't even remember anymore. All I know is that way back in the day, while I did visit the other big DBZ sites, I could usually be found on Planet Namek. After PN went down, I kinda fell out of the online scene with Dragonball for a bit while still remaining a fan of the VIZ manga, emulated SNES games, and using the Swap trick for PS1's Dragonball Z: Legends (my favorite DBZ game).

It was probably when I registered for this forum that I got back into the online scene with Dragonball. I was probably wanting to talk Dragonball with some people and trying to find a site that had, to put it nicely, the type of discussions and a userbase I could more easily identify with.

Since then, it's been about DaizEX and Kanzentai with a little bit of a "breather" here and there if I get too nerded out for my own good.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:52 am

Quite recently actually.

A friend who was also in to DB told me late last year about the site. So I browsed around the site itself, read some of the pages there and actually learnt something new (that the "OVA" was released on the DBox :wink: ). After that I stumbled upon the forums, and after a day of lurking (which is when I decide whether the forum is right for me), I joined up. I've been part of a number of DB communities on the internet in my many years as a fan, and I have to say, Daizex is one the best. So yeah, I'm glad he told me about the site. :P

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:55 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:There are a few things I remember from the *cough* old days *cough*... the first thing it was Lunch holding the number 7, some news about the DBZ DS game "Harukanaru Densetsu",
Ha ha ha, "old days"?! You think those were the old days?! That's nothing, my friend! When I first came to Daizex, the home page had this logo! :shock:

Back in my day we didn't have any characters holding up letters telling us how old the site was! ::rocks back and forth in a rocking chair, staring angrily at the wall while a toothless mouth moves about with no direction::

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:57 am

Wow. That logo brings back memories. ...I think. Lol.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:15 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Tue May 03, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Ah...the main page as it was the first day I visited Daizezenshuu EX!

(I'm not even kidding...and I fell for it...hook, line, and sinker.)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SuperSaiyanBatman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanBatman » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:35 pm

I learned about Daizex and Kanzentai through Chuquita talking and linking both in her DeviantART Journals quite a bit.

Heh...

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:16 am

My boyfriend who used to post here directed me to this website. He said it was great.

ShiningMoon
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShiningMoon » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:58 am

SuperSaiyanBatman wrote:I learned about Daizex and Kanzentai through Chuquita talking and linking both in her DeviantART Journals quite a bit.

Heh...
This. XD
Though it took me the longest time (on the order of years -- like, up until about a year ago? slightly less than a year ago, I guess; last December) before I started actually coming over here regularly to visit the site and board.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:14 am

Bored, I stumbled upon YTMND a few minutes ago having not checked it in years upon years. There I found this http://vegettogt.ytmnd.com/ . I totally forgot where I found this website from but now I remember. I listened to this years ago and was thrilled to hear people laughing and joking about Dragon Ball. I hopped on over here to listen to the podcasts which also linked me to the forums. It was a weird nostalgia rush so I thought I'd post it here.

also Takuthehedgehog
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Satan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:44 am

I first discovered the site three or four years ago, when I was researching the crappyness of the Orange Bricks, and I liked the information the site had about everything. So I came back for info periodically, when I started following the podcast.
And then I found the forums, lurked for a few months and decided to join up.
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".

Nineteen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nineteen » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Hey, everyone. Long-time reader, first-time poster. I've been a Dragonball/Z fan for about ten years now, and was introduced to the series during its legendary run on Cartoon Network. I'm not a hardcore fan (I've only read a bit of the manga, for instance), but I like it enough to want to discuss it with like-minded people. :)
Dr. Gero: I cleared the area of innocents, in accordance with your wishes. Do you disagree with my methods?
Goku: Grr...leave these people out of this!
Android 19: There are no people left to leave out.

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Post by thedarkuniter » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:25 pm

I've found this place 2 years ago on its Youtube channel. The videos had me interested in the site, so I decided to see what's the site all about. Thanks to this site, I've learned a lot more about Dragon Ball Z then previously before. :)
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O