"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Xaroc wrote:Having godly Ki and BEING a god are two different things I think. I mean Gokuu went "real" Super Saiyajin God while Vegeta "only" got godly Ki by training with Gokuu under Whis-san. He never did that ritual and I think that's the big difference. It may be an artificial god but it is still a god. While Super Saiyajin Blue is "just" a Super Saiyajin who got the powers of a Super Saiyajin God. I know it's hard to read/understand, but I thank that's the reason why holy Gokuu never get's possesed.
Goku and Vegeta are not treated as any different when it comes to God ki, nor while under the influence of it or how they got it. They're both classified as the exact same. It's not like SSJ4 where Vegeta was a different case.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:47 pm

After finishing the story mode and playing several parallel quests, expert missions and online matches, my honest opinion of Xenoverse 2 is...pretty much the same feeling I had in the beta.

I think I'm gonna take a break from this game for a little bit. It's not that it's getting boring, it's just that I don't wanna get burned out on it by playing it non-stop. I think I'll hop back into Titanfall 2. That game needs all the love and attention it can get.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:59 pm

And now my Walmart has 2 Day 1 Edtions left for Xbox One. Any stores still have Day 1 versions in your areas?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:10 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Xaroc wrote:Having godly Ki and BEING a god are two different things I think. I mean Gokuu went "real" Super Saiyajin God while Vegeta "only" got godly Ki by training with Gokuu under Whis-san. He never did that ritual and I think that's the big difference. It may be an artificial god but it is still a god. While Super Saiyajin Blue is "just" a Super Saiyajin who got the powers of a Super Saiyajin God. I know it's hard to read/understand, but I thank that's the reason why holy Gokuu never get's possesed.
Goku and Vegeta are not treated as any different when it comes to God ki, nor while under the influence of it or how they got it. They're both classified as the exact same. It's not like SSJ4 where Vegeta was a different case.
I think you got me wrong. Yes, both aren't different when it comes to God Ki. They are both Super Saiyajin God Super Saiyajins and in Dragon Ball Super they achieved that form together I think (that "fist bump" during training and after that Whis-sans version of the Room of Spirit and Time). But that's it. They have now God Ki but aren't gods themselves. Buraku (Black) even said it when he saw Vegeta transform for the first time: the Ki of a God but still a Mortal and no God. And that is the point. They aren't, but Gokuu WAS a fully fledged god (even if it was artificial and only for a short time, but he was a god). That was the explanation why Gokuu never went berserk in Xenoverse 1. However, Vegeta never was a God. It has nothing to do with God Ki or how they got it. It is about the status.

It seems Gokuu is somehow kinda marked throughout time:
Before BoG: "Will become a God"
During BoG: "Is a God"
After BoG: "Was a God"
And that's what protects him.

Vegeta:
Before/During/After BoG: "Won't become/isn't/wasn't a God"
Beford/During/After BoG: "Will gain/Will gain/Has gained God Ki"
But apparently that's not enough to get that protection. Or it's simply due to the fact that Vegeta definitely was evil so that God Ki Rule doesn't work with him.

Yes I know this whole berserk thing doesn't make sense, I mean Gohan and Goten have pure hearts as well and are affected, but I can't imagine another reason that is somewhat working.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:18 pm

My biggest problem with this game is teaming up with friends for PvP. No matter the size of your group it's always 3v3 and you can't pick what to play... It''s always without limitations and because of that people just spam health potions etc... Group PvP needs a huge overhaul...
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:23 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
Noah wrote:Something that I enjoy much in DB games are battle quotes, I really appreciate these brief character interactions. Last game had some interesting ones with SSJG Goku vs LSSJ Broly, SSJ4 Goku vs Whis, SSJ4 Gogeta vs Beerus and etc.

Do we had more to list in this game?
Off the top of my head some of the new interactions I've come across are:
Gogeta & Vegetto
Gogeta & Gotenks
SSJ Gogeta & SSJ4 Gogeta
Nuova Shenron & Golden Freeza
Cooler & Beerus
Perfect Cell & Imperfect Cell

Thanks mate, I'll look foward to that :thumbup:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:25 pm

Xaroc wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
I think you got me wrong. Yes, both aren't different when it comes to God Ki. They are both Super Saiyajin God Super Saiyajins and in Dragon Ball Super they achieved that form together I think (that "fist bump" during training and after that Whis-sans version of the Room of Spirit and Time). But that's it. They have now God Ki but aren't gods themselves. Buraku (Black) even said it when he saw Vegeta transform for the first time: the Ki of a God but still a Mortal and no God. And that is the point. They aren't, but Gokuu WAS a fully fledged god (even if it was artificial and only for a short time, but he was a god). That was the explanation why Gokuu never went berserk in Xenoverse 1. However, Vegeta never was a God. It has nothing to do with God Ki or how they got it. It is about the status.

It seems Gokuu is somehow kinda marked throughout time:
Before BoG: "Will become a God"
During BoG: "Is a God"
After BoG: "Was a God"
And that's what protects him.

Vegeta:
Before/During/After BoG: "Won't become/isn't/wasn't a God"
Beford/During/After BoG: "Will gain/Will gain/Has gained God Ki"
But apparently that's not enough to get that protection. Or it's simply due to the fact that Vegeta definitely was evil so that God Ki Rule doesn't work with him.

Yes I know this whole berserk thing doesn't make sense, I mean Gohan and Goten have pure hearts as well and are affected, but I can't imagine another reason that is somewhat working.
They are gods though. Their ki can not be sensed at all. They're invisible to mortals. Not to mention SSJB is stronger than SSJG, so the previous form being more godly doesn't make sense. If anything, SSJG is basically the cheap quick way to get into God hood, while SSJB is the refined proper way as it doesn't have a time limit weakness. Heck in the manga Goku can still use SSJG, and it's still beneath Blue. Heck it's called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. So it not being a god form makes the name sillier than it already is.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:49 pm

[spoiler]1) How does Goku Black sound like when compared to the real Goku?

2) Are there any missions that have Goku Black as an ally or enemy in the game?

3) How strong is Lord Slug depicted in this game?[/spoiler]

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:18 am

Trying to Z-rank Potara Warrior, but I keep getting S. Am I missing something I gotta do? I beat Super Vegetto and the usual pattern of finish with Ultimate isn't working. It worked for every time before though.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:05 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:[spoiler]1) How does Goku Black sound like when compared to the real Goku?

I dont think you need to spoiler this.

1. It still sounds like Goku but much more gruff. Picture the SSJ4 taken even further. Personalliy I'm not a fan of it.

2. I don't think so.

3. Like third form Frieza power level maybe. Your time patroller and Goku can beat him, definitely nothing past the Namek saga and still not close to final form Frieza.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:37 am

dbzfan7 wrote: They are gods though. Their ki can not be sensed at all. They're invisible to mortals. Not to mention SSJB is stronger than SSJG, so the previous form being more godly doesn't make sense. If anything, SSJG is basically the cheap quick way to get into God hood, while SSJB is the refined proper way as it doesn't have a time limit weakness. Heck in the manga Goku can still use SSJG, and it's still beneath Blue. Heck it's called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. So it not being a god form makes the name sillier than it already is.
No, they are not. Black said it. They are mortals and NOT gods. And God Ki can't be sensed, but you can still have it without being a God. Whis-san has also God Ki but isn't a God (he is an angel though, don't know how that's counted in) yet he is stronger than Beerus-sama who IS a God. Kami-sama was a God too and so was Kaio-sama and Kaioshin-sama as well. And? They are all weaker than a regular Super Saiyajin, so strength doesn't count.
And that Gokuu can still become a Super Saiyajin God in the manga seems to be proof why he can't be controlled: he can still become a God by free will. Vegeta can't even though he gained God Ki. (at least as long as he doesn't transform in a "regular" Super Saiyajin God in the manga as well. If that happens I admit defeat because nothing can explain that mess then)

About the name: The Super Saiyajin God part in Super Saiyajin God Super Saiyajin is auxiliary (Is that the right word? Sorry, English is my second language). Like "Ascended" - Super Saiyajin, "Ultra" - Super Saiyajin, "Full Power" - Super Saiyajin. Those are all "regular" Super Saiyajin, just with some things added to it. So technically it must be read "Super Saiyajin God" - Super Saiyajin because the added thing is God Ki but it is still a "regular" Super Saiyajin. That's why it even looks just like a Super Saiyajin only a little different (like every modified form). Super Saiyajin God looked quite different because it WAS different.

Oh btw. I'm sure Kami-sama (a God) wouldn't have been controlled either. But "Piccolo" went berserk because he was technically the Nameless Namekian (no God) and not Kami-sama. And he was based on Piccolo who never was a God in the first place (quite the opposite). So it makes sense that he was controlled. I think. Just making sure.

But in the end is Akira Toriyama the only one who really knows for sure. (or maybe not and someday a wild retcon appears)

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:57 am

Xaroc wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: They are gods though. Their ki can not be sensed at all. They're invisible to mortals. Not to mention SSJB is stronger than SSJG, so the previous form being more godly doesn't make sense. If anything, SSJG is basically the cheap quick way to get into God hood, while SSJB is the refined proper way as it doesn't have a time limit weakness. Heck in the manga Goku can still use SSJG, and it's still beneath Blue. Heck it's called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. So it not being a god form makes the name sillier than it already is.
No, they are not. Black said it. They are mortals and NOT gods. And God Ki can't be sensed, but you can still have it without being a God. Whis-san has also God Ki but isn't a God (he is an angel though, don't know how that's counted in) yet he is stronger than Beerus-sama who IS a God. Kami-sama was a God too and so was Kaio-sama and Kaioshin-sama as well. And? They are all weaker than a regular Super Saiyajin, so strength doesn't count.
And that Gokuu can still become a Super Saiyajin God in the manga seems to be proof why he can't be controlled: he can still become a God by free will. Vegeta can't even though he gained God Ki. (at least as long as he doesn't transform in a "regular" Super Saiyajin God in the manga as well. If that happens I admit defeat because nothing can explain that mess then)

About the name: The Super Saiyajin God part in Super Saiyajin God Super Saiyajin is auxiliary (Is that the right word? Sorry, English is my second language). Like "Ascended" - Super Saiyajin, "Ultra" - Super Saiyajin, "Full Power" - Super Saiyajin. Those are all "regular" Super Saiyajin, just with some things added to it. So technically it must be read "Super Saiyajin God" - Super Saiyajin because the added thing is God Ki but it is still a "regular" Super Saiyajin. That's why it even looks just like a Super Saiyajin only a little different (like every modified form). Super Saiyajin God looked quite different because it WAS different.

Oh btw. I'm sure Kami-sama (a God) wouldn't have been controlled either. But "Piccolo" went berserk because he was technically the Nameless Namekian (no God) and not Kami-sama. And he was based on Piccolo who never was a God in the first place (quite the opposite). So it makes sense that he was controlled. I think. Just making sure.

But in the end is Akira Toriyama the only one who really knows for sure. (or maybe not and someday a wild retcon appears)
They're only mortals in the sense they don't have a title. That's literally it. We've seen it slightly effect Beerus at most, and Whis has never been affected despite not being a god. Piccolo fused with God, and it didn't make a difference at all as he didn't have god ki. There was no record of Gogeta or Vegetto though being controlled. Literally Super Saiyan blue is Super Saiyan, with the power of Super Saiyan God. Even in it's title its called a god form. It uses the exact same ki and properties of Super Saiyan God. They have the power of the gods, not the title. Just like how Super Saiyan God is just the power of the gods, but not actually a god itself. Even Toriyama says calling it god is an exaggeration I believe when talking about it. The point is they have divine ki, and that's why Goku couldn't be controlled. Zamasu further points out how he's mortal but has the power of a god. The only difference between SSJG/B is their looks and amount of power. Ki wise they are the same. Why that somehow stops any previous timeline Goku's from being controlled is more bullshit. The reason Goku isn't corrupted, is because of being a special snowflake. Pulling the trigger on an actual evil Goku is a big no no for some reason.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:38 am

dbzfan7 wrote: They're only mortals in the sense they don't have a title. That's literally it. We've seen it slightly effect Beerus at most, and Whis has never been affected despite not being a god. Piccolo fused with God, and it didn't make a difference at all as he didn't have god ki. There was no record of Gogeta or Vegetto though being controlled. Literally Super Saiyan blue is Super Saiyan, with the power of Super Saiyan God. Even in it's title its called a god form. It uses the exact same ki and properties of Super Saiyan God. They have the power of the gods, not the title. Just like how Super Saiyan God is just the power of the gods, but not actually a god itself. Even Toriyama says calling it god is an exaggeration I believe when talking about it. The point is they have divine ki, and that's why Goku couldn't be controlled. Zamasu further points out how he's mortal but has the power of a god. The only difference between SSJG/B is their looks and amount of power. Ki wise they are the same. Why that somehow stops any previous timeline Goku's from being controlled is more bullshit. The reason Goku isn't corrupted, is because of being a special snowflake. Pulling the trigger on an actual evil Goku is a big no no for some reason.
Well I COULD argue know that Whis-san was never controlled because well... why control an attendant when you can control the Hakaishin himself? (nobody knew that Whis-san is an angel and if you can't sense God Ki you wouldn't know that the attendant is even stronger unless somebody told you about it). And Beerus-sama never was controlled or affected. He simply trolled and made his eyes glow by himself (it even looked very different than the real berserk mode).

But! If that's what Toriyama said about it then it's what he said about it. And yes, it's BS. My theory would have at least made somewhat sense. Oh well. I wasn't defending Gokuu anyway. My favourites will always be Gohan (no matter how weak or annoying peopley think he is) and Vegetto (no matter how short his screen time is). So... no offense and no offense taken. Causally discussing things, that's all. :)

Now... is there any way to stop this "Grand Elders House is being attacked" stuff? It's kinda irritating, every 2 Quests it pops up and so on, even though I finished every Quest there (I even lost on purpose so I can do that DB Recovery Quest). Everywhere else there is this robot that allows you to replay those Quests. Why isn't there one in that time rift?

Second: my Data says I only completed 95% of all TP-Quests, while it still says two pages further on that I completed all Story Quests, PQs, Time Rift Quests and so on. Anything I missed or is it a bug?

Sorry, if it was answered already X pages ago.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:39 am

nato25 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:[spoiler]1) How does Goku Black sound like when compared to the real Goku?

I dont think you need to spoiler this.

1. It still sounds like Goku but much more gruff. Picture the SSJ4 taken even further. Personalliy I'm not a fan of it.

2. I don't think so.

3. Like third form Frieza power level maybe. Your time patroller and Goku can beat him, definitely nothing past the Namek saga and still not close to final form Frieza.
Thank you very much!

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:40 am

Well tried PVP for the 1st time.

Got constantly handed my own butt. Endless combos, constant Stamina breaks, and whenever I did manage to gett a hit in I found that either the male Saiyan/human combos take priority and cancel my Freeza ones out. Not an evasive skill they woild just start their combo and proceed to kill me.

Who has fun like this? I understand I'm a newb but come on I didn't even have a chance in some of these.

Also who makes a Ranked playlist where one player can outright kick another player out of the lobby? How can I play to get better when I'm constantly messing with the menu to get a match?

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 am

excelhedge wrote:Well tried PVP for the 1st time.

Got constantly handed my own butt. Endless combos, constant Stamina breaks, and whenever I did manage to gett a hit in I found that either the male Saiyan/human combos take priority and cancel my Freeza ones out. Not an evasive skill they woild just start their combo and proceed to kill me.

Who has fun like this? I understand I'm a newb but come on I didn't even have a chance in some of these.

Also who makes a Ranked playlist where one player can outright kick another player out of the lobby? How can I play to get better when I'm constantly messing with the menu to get a match?
You gotta know the stamina game
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:40 am

What stamina game? I get hit by a combo and it's almost always broken.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:47 am

excelhedge wrote:What stamina game? I get hit by a combo and it's almost always broken.

You gotta conserve stamina, avoid stamina breaks, block when someone does the stamina break, you got to z vanish back when you snap vanish behind someone

you got to do a lot of z vanishes
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:31 pm

I've tried everything with that Goku Black code, but am still not seeing him anywhere in-game. Has anyone else had this issue?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:45 pm

So I did a little testing and turns out leveling your Stamina and/or Ki Bars is now a bitch. It took me 42 pts just to add an extra bar and 84ish pts to get two. They really up the amp in choosing between ki and stamina, especially with the massive amounts of ways to Guard Break your opponent.

I also watched this video showcasing the boosts you get from SSJ, Unlock Potential, and Kaio-Ken (note that it was tested with a male Saiyan so other forms are excluded).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK0fxKIDMGs
Kingdom Heartless wrote:I've tried everything with that Goku Black code, but am still not seeing him anywhere in-game. Has anyone else had this issue?
All it took for me was reinstalling the game. Granted I have the Steam version, but it worked nonetheless. Ran into a glitch involving the character transfer though, but again I found a fix for it.