DragonBall Kai: Saiya-jin Raishû (Attack of the Saiyans)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

DragonBall Kai: Saiya-jin Raishû (Attack of the Saiyans)

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:58 pm

Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Oddish

Post by Oddish » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:05 pm

This is pure win. Now, if it's not jockstrapped up the rear end like Harukanaru Goku Densetsu was, this could actually be Origins-level calibur!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Whoa. Looks pretty kewl. The screenshot with Goku firing a Kamehameha kinda reminds me of the Buku games, and that's always a good thing, but the screen on the far right reminds me of Final Fantasy, and that's always a good thing. Looks like we're in for some quality shizizzle, ma flizzle-dizzle.

About the pirate robot, I'd imagine it's just supposed to be a generic enemy; I don't think it's important enough to warrant its own story, and it's so irrelevant to the story as a whole that I'd see no problem with its design being recycled as just a random opponent.
Last edited by The Tori-bot on Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

VeggieXD
Beyond Newbie

Post by VeggieXD » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:31 pm

Looks pretty damn awesome!

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:34 pm

Was that robot red ribbon army, or was he just a pirate robot?

Either way, I hope this game is good. I hate it when they release bad DBZ games just to bank on an easy license. *caugh*caugh*sagas*caugh

SereneCrimson

Post by SereneCrimson » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:37 pm

The one part says "Play Chara" and shows Yamucha, Tenshinhan, Kuririn, Piccolo, Gohan and Goku.
Now, I wonder if thats ALL the characters we get, or just a few select ones they decided to show us.

The one with Goku and Piccolo against the Robot makes it look exactly like a Final Fantasy-esque side view turn based battle.
Plus the fact that the bottom screen shows HP/Ki Values, plus a bunch of attack options.

I'm keeping hopes fairly high, if its a turn based RPG, with a decent amount of content, this could be really great.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:34 pm

Looks like it might start with the 23rd (?) Budokai with Piccolo Jr. DO want!
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Xell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xell » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:10 pm

Okay, this looks hot.

It'd be nice if this went through the ENTIRE Dragonball / Z story.

I doubt that will happen, but still.. It's going to be interesting to see where they go with this.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Oh man, this looks like it'll be a big Saiyan saga era game, considering the looks of the characters.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:08 pm

This game gives off the vibe of an original story and not a retelling for some reason. I hope that's the case, but judging by the Piccolo Jr. Saga screencaps, it's a toss up.

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:17 pm

OMG, what the fuck man. It's like there is a new DBZ game every month. I can't even keep track of the games. One year ago it was cool when a game was released. Now it's looks like one is released every month. And they suck too.

I just hope they dont fuck Dragonball online. So far the only promising game left.

darkhawk5
Beyond Newbie

Post by darkhawk5 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:58 am

So it's a Dragon Ball Z game.....though it starts at the 23rd Budokai?

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:03 am

darkhawk5 wrote:So it's a Dragon Ball Z game.....though it starts at the 23rd Budokai?
Does it matter? I mean we have the DB story mode in some of our current(or should I say last-gen technically) games and this is not the first time we played this saga first in a Z game. The second Gokuden game for the SNES is an example which also based the Z part of the series but had the 23rd Budokai as the first part of the game.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:21 am

The scan says the game starts at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai and the battle against Ma Junior. The title, "DBZ Story: Saiyan Invasion", indicates that it will go up to at least the Saiyan arc, probably not any further. In battle you'll have three characters to fight with.
Innagadadavida wrote:Was that robot red ribbon army, or was he just a pirate robot?
It was a pirate robot. I also think it's just being used as a generic enemy.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:33 am

23rd Budokai to the Saiya-jin arc?, fuck yes.

I must have this.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:53 am

HOT DAMN :shock:
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:07 am

23rd Budokai to Saiya-jins, eh? They'll have to add a lot of content to make this any real length. Otherwise you'd only have Piccolo, Raditz, and Nappa/Vegeta as bosses. Wonder if they'll mix in the first 3 movies, too?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:26 am

Xyex wrote:23rd Budokai to Saiya-jins, eh? They'll have to add a lot of content to make this any real length. Otherwise you'd only have Piccolo, Raditz, and Nappa/Vegeta as bosses. Wonder if they'll mix in the first 3 movies, too?
They did to some extent in the Legacy of Goku games. I fondly remember playing as Gogeta against Janemba in Buu's Fury.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:08 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Xyex wrote:23rd Budokai to Saiya-jins, eh? They'll have to add a lot of content to make this any real length. Otherwise you'd only have Piccolo, Raditz, and Nappa/Vegeta as bosses. Wonder if they'll mix in the first 3 movies, too?
They did to some extent in the Legacy of Goku games. I fondly remember playing as Gogeta against Janemba in Buu's Fury.
And, if memory serves me correctly, there was Coola and Meta-Coola in LoG II.
Last edited by The Tori-bot on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:20 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:And, if memory serves me correctly, there was Coola and Meta-Coola in LoG II.
Only final-form Coola, but you fight him on New Planet Namek, similiar to Metal Coola.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.