Episode #0265 (17 July 2011)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Episode #0265 (17 July 2011)

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:12 am

Lost post:
ArchedThunder wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I would love to know the details on the oddity of the fourth (seemingly nonexistent) timeline that creates an extra Cell. I've never heard of that tidbit until now.
Basically there's a fourth timeline, where the Trunks that was killed by Cell travelled to. In that timeline they somehow found blueprints, that show how to shut the androids down, which they did instead of fighting them again. The weird thing about this 4th timeline is that Daizenshuu 7 claims a Cell Games was held without Trunks being present.
But anyways here's the chart explaining all the different futures as translated by TripleRach.
http://magikarp46.com/dragonball/guideb ... 07-034.jpg
This actually raises a question I never really thought of, what happened to the time line that the first trunks went back to and never returned to? Discussion for another topic. Anyways I don't see how this causes a problem, all it does it point out a timeline every one seems to forget about.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:59 pm

Good show, but sometimes I worry that I'm becoming too much like a Trekkie with my DB knowledge. I know I've seen it somewhere before, but does anyone have a link to the short X-Mas special manga that was mentioned?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:25 am

SSJ Helldog wrote:Good show, but sometimes I worry that I'm becoming too much like a Trekkie with my DB knowledge. I know I've seen it somewhere before, but does anyone have a link to the short X-Mas special manga that was mentioned?

All you need to do is search "Christmaz(I didn't spell it correctly on purpose, but in the search function it must be spelled correctly)" in the search function and only search in the in-universe threads and it can be found in the first post that appears as of this writing.
http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/search.p ... mit=Search

@09:00
Well at least the Bouken Special revealed interesting info about Tao Pai Pai's current situation :wink:

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:53 am

This is the fake Battle Power image you guys mentioned right, it seems to match, it has the official levels mixed with the false Cell, Buu, and SSJ3 Goku in there:

http://uploads.dragonballencyclopedia.c ... epower.JPG

Overall I have no care for Battle Powers, but since I'm on my laptop I typed in V-Jump and the third result was "V-Jump Power Level List", and after like 3 minutes of digging I found what seems to be the fake image you guys mentioned.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:13 am

Since I haven't gotten an answer yet, I'm reposting my question from the previous page:
dbgtFO wrote:On Kanzentai it's noted that Daizenshuu 2 was revised a couple of months after it was released. Do you know, if the mistakes concerning, when certain characters or forms of characters appear were corrected?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Wow, it's always neat to hear your name mentioned. :) Really didn't think my little tidbit about that price being wrong would be remembered, but you know what they say about Herms: an elephant never forgets! :wink: Great podcast guys!

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:Wow, it's always neat to hear your name mentioned. :) Really didn't think my little tidbit about that price being wrong would be remembered, but you know what they say about Herms: an elephant never forgets! :wink: Great podcast guys!
Behind the scenes note: I talked to him right before they recorded and I looked it up for him. :wink:

Anyway, about the revised version of Daizenshuu 2. I originally noticed there was a revised version when I owned two copies of said daizenshuu; one first edition and one second edition. The release date is noted in the back of the book, and in my second edition it noted that it was revised on October 31, 1995. Unfortunately, I don't have that second edition anymore; I believe we gave it away on Kanzentai years ago. So I honestly couldn't tell you what was revised. Maybe someone out there has a revised version of Daizenshuu 2 and can give us something to compare the first edition against. So everyone that owns it, flip all the way to the back and check!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:02 am

Hujio wrote:Anyway, about the revised version of Daizenshuu 2. I originally noticed there was a revised version when I owned two copies of said daizenshuu; one first edition and one second edition. The release date is noted in the back of the book, and in my second edition it noted that it was revised on October 31, 1995. Unfortunately, I don't have that second edition anymore; I believe we gave it away on Kanzentai years ago. So I honestly couldn't tell you what was revised. Maybe someone out there has a revised version of Daizenshuu 2 and can give us something to compare the first edition against. So everyone that owns it, flip all the way to the back and check!
That's a real shame.
So I guess this is the first edition?
Thanks for the answer though!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:56 am

I think I just found another one:
In Daizenshuu 4's Racial Groups under the Saiyan Organization, Bardock isn't listed as deceased like Raditz, Nappa and the King.