Dragon Ball Kai Rerun on Fuji TV Two

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kei17
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Kai Rerun on Fuji TV Two

Post by kei17 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:56 pm

On March 30th, a rerun of Dragon Ball Kai starts on Fuji TV Two, a satellite TV channel. It seems that they will broadcast two episodes every week.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/otn/b_hp/911200040.html

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Kai Rerun on Fuji TV Two

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:59 pm

kei17 wrote:On March 30th, a rerun of Dragon Ball Kai starts on Fuji TV Two, a satellite TV channel. It seems that they will broadcast two episodes every week.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/otn/b_hp/911200040.html
Well now...I wonder what this means. O.o
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:02 pm

I knew that Kai wasn't going to end with the Cell Saga. Although, it will be a year before the airing catch up up on Fuji TV2, with the current ones, assuming they don't skip any episodes.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:46 am

wjbraden wrote:I knew that Kai wasn't going to end with the Cell Saga.
Well, there isn't anything saying Kai is going past the Cell arc. :?

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:53 am

Do any other Toei-produced shows like One Piece has a re-run on other Japanese channels?

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:30 am

Well this is a promising sign.
Maybe the Buu arc will surface after all.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:20 pm

How is this a sign that DBK might go past the Cell arc? To my understanding isn't this just another channel playing DBK repeats?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:How is this a sign that DBK might go past the Cell arc? To my understanding isn't this just another channel playing DBK repeats?
Yeah, it's just going to be repeating the ninety-eight episodes already produced. Although this time it will only take them forty-nine weeks to air them all.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:29 pm

But, they might be reairing them to be the new station that airs Kai for the Buu Saga.

...I'm hoping, dammit, and nobody can stop me! : /
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Am I the only ones that's confused by the "Yay! I knew Kai wasn't going to end!" comments. They're simply re-airing old episodes of Kai, which in no way implies anything about the Buu arc. They're re-airing DBZ too, but that doesn't mean they're gonna create a version of GT after it. Let's just all calm down a bit and not jump to some outlandish conclusions. We'll know if they're continuing Kai when we know. Oh, and I highly doubt they'd move Kai to a cable only channel. Sorry...
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:35 pm

There might be "signs" out there that Kai will end with Cell, but until something is officially announced that Kai is ending after Cell arc, I'll continue to assume that they'll eventually do Buu arc... It really won't bug me if they end it at Cell though, because I always thought the Cell arc could've served as a proper ending to Z.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:20 am

Hujio wrote:Am I the only ones that's confused by the "Yay! I knew Kai wasn't going to end!" comments...
No. I thought I missed something when I read the responces. :?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:43 am

This feels like a further cementing of the idea that Kai's ending rather than the exact opposite, but that's all just gut feeling with no substance.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:11 am

I don't understand either how this helps the idea that Kai will be continuing into the Majin Buu arc. Personally, I think this adds more reason that Kai will be ending after the Cell arc. I mean why else would they start putting on re-runs of Kai?

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:32 am

Because if they air new episodes on another channel, airing the previous episodes prior will allow new fans to jump on board? The Toonzai version didn't start where Nicktoons last was on it's debut, despite being old episodes.

Hell, even Nicktoons re-ran their old episodes several times during hiatus periods.

Of course, I'm not guaranteeing it will continue, I'm just putting my Blue Lantern Ring of Hope on, and doing what I do best, believe.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Mewzard wrote:Because if they air new episodes on another channel, airing the previous episodes prior will allow new fans to jump on board? The Toonzai version didn't start where Nicktoons last was on it's debut, despite being old episodes.

Hell, even Nicktoons re-ran their old episodes several times during hiatus periods.
Nicktoons re-running their own episodes is just another difference in the American and Japanese TV business models. American networks almost always play reruns of their shows between new episodes. In Japan, reruns are usually more similar to the concept of syndicated reruns (IE, different timeslots or channels).

And the situation with Toonzai and Nicktoons is almost the opposite of this, because The CW has far more exposure than Nicktoons does.

I suppose it's possible that if the Kai reruns do extraordinarily well, it could convince Toei to do a Boo arc. But I think it would take a lot more than that. Family Guy was renewed due to amazing ratings on another network in reruns, but it also had really good DVD sales, which Kai does not.
-Rachel

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:32 am

I think this means that Fuji TV is willing to take up its secondary channel space (and in extension, their precious money) for Kai. Whether it is a last-ditch milking, or a sign that they're willing to continue support remains to be seen. I do hope its a sign of the Buu saga being Kai-ized. Though I could see a scenario going down now that the primary Fuji TV airing of Kai would be canceled, though Toei would still make animation for the international versions, and then have maybe a continued Japanese version production for Fuji TV Two.
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Oda should say he won't draw any more One Piece chapters unless Toei continues to the Boo saga :(

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:07 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Oda should say he won't draw any more One Piece chapters unless Toei continues to the Boo saga :(
Why would he do that? He probably owns all of the comic and anime.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:25 am

Kendamu wrote:This feels like a further cementing of the idea that Kai's ending rather than the exact opposite, but that's all just gut feeling with no substance.
Actually, not at all. While Kei17 will have a greater grasp on this than I will, but in Japan the network affiliates usually ignore a show once it has moved out of production and pull it off the schedule entirely. It's at that point the show is usually run on syndication on the children's channels, or simply forgotten. The only times networks devote space for repeated programming is if the show is on hiatus (see Gintama, or Sgt. Frog). Though, this run will be on Fuji's secondary channel so the comparison isn't exact.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.