You wanted strong women in Dragon Ball? (spoilers)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: You wanted strong women in Dragon Ball? (spoilers)

Post by Cetra » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Everyone stealing my crush on Goku or Vegeta idea.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:08 pm

batistabus wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:I would find this hilarious. She has a school girl crush on Goku. Develops into an actual deep fondness for him.
Lord Beerus wrote:I'd ship that to death. :lol: :clap:
Cabba: Broli, these are the two Saiyans I was telling you about. Prince Vegeta...
Vegeta: *grunt*
Broli: ...
Cabba: ..and Son Goku.
Goku: Heya!
Broli: ...Son Goku?
Cabba: *chuckle* It doesn't sound much like a Saiyan name, does it?
Goku: That's cause I was raised on Earth! My birth name is Kakarotto. I don't use it, but Vegeta won't call me anythin' else!
Vegeta: It was the name given to you by the proud Saiyan race. As a Super Saiyan God, you should show more respect for your heritage. I wouldn't expect a numb-skull like you to understand.
Goku: C'mon Vegeta, don't be like that...
Broli: Kakarotto...
Cabba: This is Broli. She's a Super Saiyan, too!
Vegeta: She's a Super Saiyan!?
Goku: Woah! That's awesome Broli-chan!!
Broli: ...Broli-chan... [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
...Brilliant! This is great. I legit wouldn't even mind if she was in love with Goku. Make it happen Tori.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

emperior
I Live Here

What will happen once the "female Broly" transforms?

Post by emperior » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:19 am

As the title says, in your opinion, what's going to happen once the girl transforms into the Legendary Super Saiyan form (or whatever it will be)?
Will Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin will recognize it as the transformation of Broly
Will there be a re-animated flashback of their battle? Or will Toriyama acknowledge Broly's existance in canon, like he did with Bardock, but will change him up a little bit, possibly introducing him as villain in Dragon Ball Super, or making a new movie about him?

Here are some theories:
• The cast is shocked by it, but they don't make any comment, leaving it vague
--- Goku and Vegeta say it looks very similar to the transformation Trunks achieved in the future.
• The cast is shocked by it and doesn't recognize it
--- Toei makes a new movie about Broly, set in Dragon Ball Super, to make money. Possibly written by Toriyama
• Only the anime will recognize it, while in the manga everyone will be surprised and wondering what the hell that form is
• It will be the female version of Super Saiyan, and not a legendary form
• It will be clearly written by Toei, it won't add anything that changes the story, and won't be in the manga
• It will troll us, by being simply Goku/Roshi/Whoever thinking "How would she look if she transformed?" 0.1% possibility of happening
Last edited by emperior on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What will happen once the "female Broli" transforms?

Post by simtek34 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:22 am

Whatever they do, DON'T MAKE BROLI CANON NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!! Please Japan, please.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What will happen once the "female Broly" transforms?

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:26 am

The cast completely ignores anything happened at all, she goes on to stomp SSB Vegeta and proceeds to get manhandled by Roshi
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Hirovoid

Post by Hirovoid » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:52 am

There'll probably be a line to indicate that the form is something they haven't seen before and probably an explanation on what the LSSJ is, so as to reinforce that it's new.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:00 am

Another strange option they look at that form and compare it to Trunks. :p

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:10 am

Big Black Saiyan wrote:Another strange option they look at that form and compare it to Trunks. :p
Right! I forgot to mention it as I already wrote this theory on another thread. I will add it to the OP though.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:36 am

I have a theory Goku will say he dreamed with a guy that looks just like her transformed.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:48 am

Gafonso6 wrote:I have a theory Goku will say he dreamed with a guy that looks just like her transformed.
I have a better one Goku's says
'pffth.. I can do that'
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Make Broly cannon..no need to have a lssj chick.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:11 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:I have a theory Goku will say he dreamed with a guy that looks just like her transformed.
I really want this to happen. Make the Broly movies canon as a dream Goku once had.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:03 pm

I don't think anyone will mention Brolli.

I think that girl is either a Toei-created way of getting around having Brolli while not being allowed to.

OR

Toriyama having a joke at the expense of Koyama in retaliation for Koyama badmouthing Beerus and saying Brolli was better.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:07 pm

julianix wrote:Make Broly cannon..no need to have a lssj chick.
Broly has already been defeated like three times. He'll show again like Freeza and and still lose.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:48 pm

The cast will do the shocked thing and tbink she is really powerful. However, I do not expect her to be that good in the tournament.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:38 pm

... that is only a style recycle for the opening, and she will not act, think, look or fight as Broly at all, so that senseless hype will end.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:44 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:... that is only a style recycle for the opening, and she will not act, think, look or fight as Broly at all, so that senseless hype will end.
Hopefully you are right. I don't want her to be much more muscular than Goku, it would be weird considering she retains female traits when transformed (such as her eyes, long hair and lipstick)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Toriyama having a joke at the expense of Koyama in retaliation for Koyama badmouthing Beerus and saying Brolli was better.

He never said that. And I don't know why this rumor is still around. He even said Beerus is in a whole other league. He said he thinks Broly is scarier. And he is fully okay to say so.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 pm

An original super saiyan design wouldn't cut it. Ssj1-3 are so mundane at this point and it's not even competitive at all. The only way an original design would start any sort of hype train is if she went Super Saiyan 4. If she just went regular super saiyan we'd just shrug and go "Okay. It' about time." And that's it. we'd be talking more about the clown god: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPdDdC4go6c

People saying it's the joker. LMAO no. it's Pennywise.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:05 am

I'm thinking this may be Toei/Toriyama's way of incorporating Broly's design into canon in a "soft" way. Basically just taking his iconic design and using it in a completly different way. Would not be surprised now if some new Saiyan in Super randomly popped a transformation that looked just like, or very similar, to SSJ4.

It's just smart from business POV. Broly's design, SSJ4 design and stuff like that are simply very popular with the fanbase, regardless if the movies/spin-offs they originate from were not as well recieved or percieved canon. No reason why shouldn't Toei take advantage of it.