"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gianchio
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Gianchio » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:06 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:If Freeza is not killed in the Super arc (doubtful), he can participate in the tournament. =D
Freeza with the good guys...horrible and awesome at the same time :lol:

FuriusMarius

Post by FuriusMarius » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:30 pm

What if..... universe 6 is the universe of Future Trunks(killed by Cell) and for that all earth is almost destroyed.

SSJGBGoku
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGBGoku » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:41 pm

FuriusMarius wrote:What if..... universe 6 is the universe of Future Trunks(killed by Cell) and for that all earth is almost destroyed.
That's an alternate timeline. Not a completely different universe

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:50 pm

Ok am I understanding this correctly? Vados is stronger then Whis but Champa is weaker then Beerus right?
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Ok am I understanding this correctly? Vados is stronger then Whis but Champa is weaker then Beerus right?
Vados was stronger than Whis. It's unknown how they stack up now.
Yeah, Champa is weaker than Beerus, or at least that's how I interpreted Vados' mockery of Champa's physique compared to Beerus.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:14 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Lord Freeza wrote:Ok am I understanding this correctly? Vados is stronger then Whis but Champa is weaker then Beerus right?
Vados was stronger than Whis. It's unknown how they stack up now.
Yeah, Champa is weaker than Beerus, or at least that's how I interpreted Vados' mockery of Champa's physique compared to Beerus.
Yea but it hard to tell what she means exactly however the idea may be backed up by the fact that Champa doesn't just outright fight Beerus for earth. However Champa's reaction may just be because he's constitutes about his weight and we saw what happened when Goku and Beerus fought so maybe he doesn't want to fight Beerus because they would destroy the universe in the process and earth with it.

Either way he must be strong in his right for Goku to acknowledge him.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:16 pm

Ok I'm gonna ask the question that everybody's thinking, what has this got to do with the Super Dragon Balls?

what are Champa and Vados plotting?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:23 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Ok I'm gonna ask the question that everybody's thinking, what has this got to do with the Super Dragon Balls?

It's probably be something cliche like rule all the universes or something stupid like get Champa to lose weight.

SSJGBGoku
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGBGoku » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Ok I'm gonna ask the question that everybody's thinking, what has this got to do with the Super Dragon Balls?

The "God Tournament" might be first part of the arc and "Super DragonBall" related stuffs might be second part of the arc.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:32 pm

Zombie wrote:
Lord Freeza wrote:Ok I'm gonna ask the question that everybody's thinking, what has this got to do with the Super Dragon Balls?

It's probably be something cliche like rule all the universes or something stupid like get Champa to lose weight.
I doubt its rule the universe, being a God of Destruction he practically does already, Multiverse maybe? Him pulling a Commander Red would be funny though.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Maybe Champa wants to use them to move the universe 7 Earth to universe 6 so he can have all the food to himself.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:43 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
Lord Freeza wrote:Ok I'm gonna ask the question that everybody's thinking, what has this got to do with the Super Dragon Balls?

Maybe Champa wants to use them to move the universe 7 Earth to universe 6 so he can have all the food to himself.
No way its that, since Shampa didn't even know about neither of the Earths existence in both Universes until Beerus mentioned it.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

raulvalente
Beyond Newbie

Post by raulvalente » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:45 pm

I liked one theory I read on this forum yesterday:

"Beerus' team wins the Tournament but Goku, being the GOAT person as he is, offers himself to search the Dragon Balls to wish that Champa's Earth go back to what it was before the War. Vados says this wish is too powerful to be made by the regular Dragon Balls. They mention the existence of the Super Dragon Balls and Goku + Vegeta go find them."

What do you think?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:49 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Yeah, Champa is weaker than Beerus, or at least that's how I interpreted Vados' mockery of Champa's physique compared to Beerus.
I took it the opposite, since Beerus is so scrawny. Based just on physique, shouldn't a bulky guy have the upper hand in a fight against a wire-thin guy?

Of course, either way there's no reason to assume that everything Vados says is accurate. She could be biased.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:54 pm

Herms wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Yeah, Champa is weaker than Beerus, or at least that's how I interpreted Vados' mockery of Champa's physique compared to Beerus.
I took it the opposite, since Beerus is so scrawny. Based just on physique, shouldn't a bulky guy have the upper hand in a fight against a wire-thin guy?

Of course, either way there's no reason to assume that everything Vados says is accurate. She could be biased.
But why would Champa scream at Vados if she was implying he was stronger? I think it's implied that Beerus is the stronger one, especially with how Champa later backed out of a fight with him (and Beerus laughed at the idea) and proposed a tournament instead.

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:58 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Herms wrote:

But why would Champa scream at Vados if she was implying he was stronger? I think it's implied that Beerus is the stronger one, especially with how Champa later backed out of a fight with him (and Beerus laughed at the idea) and proposed a tournament instead.
Because she wasn't just implying he was stronger. She was calling him fat.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:58 pm

FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:Because she wasn't just implying he was stronger. She was calling him fat.
I know that. Herms was arguing that Vados did imply he was stronger than Beerus, and I contested the idea.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:00 pm

raulvalente wrote:I liked one theory I read on this forum yesterday:

"Beerus' team wins the Tournament but Goku, being the GOAT person as he is, offers himself to search the Dragon Balls to wish that Champa's Earth go back to what it was before the War. Vados says this wish is too powerful to be made by the regular Dragon Balls. They mention the existence of the Super Dragon Balls and Goku + Vegeta go find them."

What do you think?
Going by the manga, Shampa and Vados already have atleast 2 Super Dragon Balls, and if they are gathering them is because they have already a wish in mind, unless it has to do with food, I don't think they would give their original wish for whatever Goku or anyone suggest.

...And even if their wish is related with food nothing warranties their Earth will produce food equally delicious as U7 Earth's, the easiest would be to wish for a planet or something else that produces the best food in the world :P

About Beerus > Shampa:
I agree with Doctor here.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Herms wrote:

But Champa isn't really "bulky" in terms of muscle. He has a dad/beer belly and a pudgy face, but his arms are basically the same size as Beerus. Couple that with Champa apparently needing to sneak around under Beerus' radar, Vados' apparent mockery of his physique & Champa's reaction, as well as Champa suggesting that people from their universes fight instead of the two Hakaishin...

It's not a lot to go off of, but I think Beerus gets the implication of being stronger here.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Champa and Vados seem to have a weird relationship, even weirder then Beerus and Whis.

While he is Beerus's teacher, Whis dose treat him with some level of respect at all times although he dose get on Beerus's nerves. Vados on the other had seems almost bipolar, she acts defensively towards Champa one second,demanding he be show respect and then is openly insulting him in front of others the next, something Whis has never done to Beerus. She also seems to be a bit cocky while Champa appears more subdued then Beerus.