"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:51 pm

And potential to find out the password with her staff, which seems to have many functions. Whis already used his to look into the past with the Freeza fight.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:58 pm

So do we think Champa is indeed a god of destruction from another universe (Not necessarily universe 6)? And how do the Kaioshin know him?

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:03 pm

These translations are terrible... :sick:
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:04 pm

No idea. It's definitely a high possibility, especially with the way Champa talks about things in chapter 3, but we still know very little for certain. I still don't want to jump to conclusions though, because our theories here always seem to make it out to the rest of the fandom as fact for some reason...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:13 pm

DoomieDoomie911 wrote:These translations are terrible... :sick:
But using curse words all the time is so edgy, cool and dark. Just like Dragon Ball. Right?

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
DoomieDoomie911 wrote:These translations are terrible... :sick:
But using curse words all the time is so edgy, cool and dark. Just like Dragon Ball. Right?
There are fans out there with that mentality, unfortunately.
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bonus Stage » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:23 pm

About Chapter 03, This translation is correct? What Vegeta speaks in the original?

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:25 pm

Bonus Stage wrote:About Chapter 03, This translation is correct? What Vegeta speaks in the original?
I have no way of knowing, but I would and do take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to scanlations.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:28 pm

Bonus Stage wrote:About Chapter 03, This translation is correct? What Vegeta speaks in the original?
No, in Japanese he just says "you'll pay for that!" (ゆるさんぞぉ!).
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bonus Stage » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:25 am

Herms, you will fix the mistakes of scanlators putting the correct meaning, as you are doing with the episodes of Dragon Ball Super?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:00 am

Woman: “…So then, shall we continue on and search for the next wish orb?”

Makes it sound like they've already acquired one of the Super Dragon Balls, maybe FemWhis is holding it/them inside her staff?
I hope these Super Dragon Balls look a bit different from the normal ones, besides being huge(how huge? as big as a normal person or bigger??). Maybe have them be red with white stars or Red with Orange stars, like inverted Dragon Balls!

Chiki
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Chiki » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:51 am

It's ridiculously rushed for a shonen manga. Not a big fan.

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:22 am

Ugh...

I came here to complain about the scanlations floating around. If the person/s who translated it is reading this, you are a dumb.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Commander_Red wrote:I came here to complain about the scanlations floating around. If the person/s who translated it is reading this, you are a dumb.
Sometimes you pay for what you get :lol:

Re: Chapter 3: I hope Super follows some of the same pacing. We might get to see Universe 6 arc before RoF is retold that way!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:54 pm

LuckyCat wrote:
Commander_Red wrote:I came here to complain about the scanlations floating around. If the person/s who translated it is reading this, you are a dumb.
Sometimes you pay for what you get :lol:

Re: Chapter 3: I hope Super follows some of the same pacing. We might get to see Universe 6 arc before RoF is retold that way!
I wouldn't mind this. I am hungry for fully new content. It may also be a good idea marketing wise to do it sooner than later.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:02 pm

I do think Champa is going to Namek to look for the Super Dragon Balls which might be the original Dragon Balls. I do think that the Super DB's are the original Dragon Balls and maybe that the idea of Dragon Balls came from another universe. So maybe the idea of a god teaching the Nameks creating the Dragon Balls won't be that far off after all.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:49 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I do think Champa is going to Namek to look for the Super Dragon Balls which might be the original Dragon Balls. I do think that the Super DB's are the original Dragon Balls and maybe that the idea of Dragon Balls came from another universe. So maybe the idea of a god teaching the Nameks creating the Dragon Balls won't be that far off after all.
It does seem that the series may go heavily into DB origins area. Definitely exciting. It's one of the few great mysteries of the saga who was first able to crate objects with a power to essentially overrule what Gods can (revive people, planets, etc)

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Man are those chapters fast. Of course I get it, BoG has been out for a couple years, RoF has been out for a couple months, and the Super Anime is going to rehash both movies. It would make sense to get to the new stuff asap in the manga rehash, namely Champa and his attendant. Seeing them act out is literally bringing color to my cheeks, I want to find out so much more about them.

Oh and Toyotaro is doing an amazing job with the art. He's living the dream, at least I think he is.

Caulifor
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Caulifor » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:00 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Man are those chapters fast. Of course I get it, BoG has been out for a couple years, RoF has been out for a couple months, and the Super Anime is going to rehash both movies. It would make sense to get to the new stuff asap in the manga rehash, namely Champa and his attendant.
There's also the fact that this is not a weekly manga, and it has to keep up with the weekly anime, to serve as a preview of sorts. It's a shame, really, as a weekly Super manga by Toyotaro would be amazing.
I haven't watched most of the anime in a long time, but I did read the manga over and over again.
That is where most of my knowledge from the series come from.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Caulifor wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Man are those chapters fast. Of course I get it, BoG has been out for a couple years, RoF has been out for a couple months, and the Super Anime is going to rehash both movies. It would make sense to get to the new stuff asap in the manga rehash, namely Champa and his attendant.
There's also the fact that this is not a weekly manga, and it has to keep up with the weekly anime, to serve as a preview of sorts. It's a shame, really, as a weekly Super manga by Toyotaro would be amazing.
Toyotaro's main flaw is that he needs time. His art looks really bad when he's rushed, and that's what he would be if he was working for a weekly magazine.