Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:59 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:19 pm
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:13 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:40 pm Phew, for a moment there I thought that I would be viewed as a stupid power-scaling wannabe. :lol:

Anyway, if both of you actually agree with me, then please tell me, why does most of the fandom refer to Astral Zamasu when comparing him with Jiren? Because (yes I will do it) SDBH showed us that Merged Zamasu was trying to harm Jiren, with the latter responding only after Zamasu was preoccupied with attacking Goku. Of course, Jiren was an absolute beast and didn't even power-up, so according to SDBH data, they clearly acknowledge Jiren's power, keeping it relevant to what we have seen in cannon.

So, if we had the hypothetical "Zamasu vs Jiren" match, which we kinda got (but not in cannon), then Jiren should have annihilated Zamasu with the blink of an eye. He didn't though...
To be fair, Punished Zamasu is a lot stronger than he was before, able to take down God of Destruction Toppo and Dyspo in the manga. Even then, in the manga, him, Cumber, and Hearts took on Jiren all at once and didn't defeat him. He's also stronger than SS2 Kefla in the games.

Plus, in a direct fight, Jiren is still shown to be superior to him in the promotional anime.
Indeed. I still kinda question the whole Zamasu revival thing though. If all, he should have been weaker. But Jiren is still one of the most powerful foes. Stronger than anything Zamasu as a being could have hoped to achieve. I just think that Astral Zamasu has far greater attack potency from Jiren.
Why should he be weaker? Fused Zamasu had the body of a Saiyan, he should be stronger after all he went through.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:06 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:59 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:19 pm
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:13 pm
To be fair, Punished Zamasu is a lot stronger than he was before, able to take down God of Destruction Toppo and Dyspo in the manga. Even then, in the manga, him, Cumber, and Hearts took on Jiren all at once and didn't defeat him. He's also stronger than SS2 Kefla in the games.

Plus, in a direct fight, Jiren is still shown to be superior to him in the promotional anime.
Indeed. I still kinda question the whole Zamasu revival thing though. If all, he should have been weaker. But Jiren is still one of the most powerful foes. Stronger than anything Zamasu as a being could have hoped to achieve. I just think that Astral Zamasu has far greater attack potency from Jiren.
Why should he be weaker? Fused Zamasu had the body of a Saiyan, he should be stronger after all he went through.
Indeed he does. But he lacks motive. Killing mortals wasn't something that would force him to seek more power. He was already a god to them. When he faced off against Goku and Vegeta, he did need more power. These were rivals.

Jiren needed power to defeat the one who took away his life. Zamasu was never desperate. He was angry, he was furious. Anger alone isn't enough of a motive. That is the reason why Zamasu cannot become as absurdly strong as Jiren. He can get more powerful by fighting, however it won't be enough.

Still, I place Zamasu high on my "enemies" scale. Perhaps, the most powerful enemy. He is.
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:13 pm

I don't know the details of Fused Zamasu's return, but since he is the same one from Super, and since he is the same one who survived being sliced in half by Trunks, he should have gotten insane Zenkai boosts. Goku Black alone was getting ridiculously stronger just by getting kicked in the guts, so yeah. Also those mechanical enhancements could be empowering Fused Zamasu, on top of healing/sustaining the half of his body that was corrupted.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:54 pm

Zamasu doesn't actually have mechanical pieces.
Just hard-material covers over his eye and body

Nothing suggests there is anything mechanical to him now.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:34 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:48 pm Guys, please tell me, what indicates that when talking about Jiren's power, Shin referred to Astral Zamasu as the being with the most power that they had faced yet and not Merged Zamasu?

Because, if I use some of that crusification-worthy logic, Astral Zamasu was never directly involved in a fight with Goku and Vegeta. They fired some blasts at him while in Base (something that even Stage I Merged Zamasu could have countered) and we only get some comments from Gowasu, that he (Zamasu) was trying to become the universe.

If so, the only time we get a comment implying Zamasu's might, was when he faced off against our heroes while in his corrupted form. The point is, that if Zamasu was trying to become everything, then that would make him the multiverse. That translates into multiversal power potency. The only being that is known to have that power is Zeno.

Astral Zamasu needed time to spread across the existence, so I highly doubt that he even reached a solar system level of expansion, by the time Zeno arrived, however the question still remains.

When encountering a supressed Jiren for the first time, everyone was shocked by his power. At that level, he was slightly pushed back by Ultra Instinct Omen Goku, who was certainly below the level of a GoD, as no one stood in awe of his power, despite Ultra Instinct being an ability that even GoDs cannot attain easily. As such, the original suprise in the gods faces was perhaps due to a mortal without the power of a GoD, achieving the state.

Back to my main point, although Goku and Vegeta got way stronger since the Future Trunks Arc, if Jiren in his supressed state was referred to as a being with more power than Astral Zamasu, who was trying to become EVERYTHING (note that when he appeared as Astral Zamasu, no one said "ah, he is not at full power yet" as they believed that he was going to become the multiverse, meaning that they scaled him at that level of power), then I highly doubt that ep. 110 Jiren was on par (if we lowball) with Astral Zamasu. Limit-Breaking Jiren should be able to fight with the Grand Priest with ease then.

I could use some non-cannon material to further back my argument, or actually suggestion (I can see that everyone does lol) but it would complicate things.
You answered your own question. Universe Zamas was not able to engage a Blue Goku or Vegeta. So we can't tell how he compares to his merged state. However, When Shin asked how can they fight universe Zamas, Goku did say if only he had a Senzu bean. Implying he could battle Zamas even in that form.

Also, Zamas didn't merge with the multiverse, he only merged with the future timeline of universe 7. It was stated that Zamas merging with the future had an effect on the present timeline.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:49 am

Miracles wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:34 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:48 pm Guys, please tell me, what indicates that when talking about Jiren's power, Shin referred to Astral Zamasu as the being with the most power that they had faced yet and not Merged Zamasu?

Because, if I use some of that crusification-worthy logic, Astral Zamasu was never directly involved in a fight with Goku and Vegeta. They fired some blasts at him while in Base (something that even Stage I Merged Zamasu could have countered) and we only get some comments from Gowasu, that he (Zamasu) was trying to become the universe.

If so, the only time we get a comment implying Zamasu's might, was when he faced off against our heroes while in his corrupted form. The point is, that if Zamasu was trying to become everything, then that would make him the multiverse. That translates into multiversal power potency. The only being that is known to have that power is Zeno.

Astral Zamasu needed time to spread across the existence, so I highly doubt that he even reached a solar system level of expansion, by the time Zeno arrived, however the question still remains.

When encountering a supressed Jiren for the first time, everyone was shocked by his power. At that level, he was slightly pushed back by Ultra Instinct Omen Goku, who was certainly below the level of a GoD, as no one stood in awe of his power, despite Ultra Instinct being an ability that even GoDs cannot attain easily. As such, the original suprise in the gods faces was perhaps due to a mortal without the power of a GoD, achieving the state.

Back to my main point, although Goku and Vegeta got way stronger since the Future Trunks Arc, if Jiren in his supressed state was referred to as a being with more power than Astral Zamasu, who was trying to become EVERYTHING (note that when he appeared as Astral Zamasu, no one said "ah, he is not at full power yet" as they believed that he was going to become the multiverse, meaning that they scaled him at that level of power), then I highly doubt that ep. 110 Jiren was on par (if we lowball) with Astral Zamasu. Limit-Breaking Jiren should be able to fight with the Grand Priest with ease then.

I could use some non-cannon material to further back my argument, or actually suggestion (I can see that everyone does lol) but it would complicate things.
You answered your own question. Universe Zamas was not able to engage a Blue Goku or Vegeta. So we can't tell how he compares to his merged state. However, When Shin asked how can they fight universe Zamas, Goku did say if only he had a Senzu bean. Implying he could battle Zamas even in that form.

Also, Zamas didn't merge with the multiverse, he only merged with the future timeline of universe 7. It was stated that Zamas merging with the future had an effect on the present timeline.
It was actually my point. The whole Astral Zamasu thing. But seeing how many used him in reference to Jiren's might, I just had to ask.

Well, we can agree that due to Goku's character he could probably fight against everyone. Fighting is something that he loves. When facing Merged Zamasu for the first time, his reaction is "If I not beat him, I won't be satisfied". He wouldn't back down.

It is another question whether he could inflict damage to Astral Zamasu or not.

As for Astral Zamasu himself, he tried to become the multiverse, in Trunks' timeline. That is what I meant and I guess that's what you wanted me to understand. Because, if a future Zeno exists, then so does a future multiverse. Lastly, Zamasu entered the present, due to the time machine creating anomalies in the time and space, allowing him to enter said timeline. Do not forget that the Time Ring that Goku Black used could open a portal in the present for that same reason. Black was part of Merged Zamasu and he still had the Ring's power.
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:24 am

It is ridiculous that supposedly Suppressed Jiren is much stronger than Fused Zamasu, that pretty much means that 130 Jiren should be as powerful as the Grand Priest, which is obviously not the case. Either Shin was drunk, or the writers are exaggerated. We are talking about a fused being so powerful that his mere existence was beyond the Gods' comprehension, and whose Light was unlike anything Goku and Vegeta ever saw, those same people who battled Beerus. And I am supposed to believe that a Suppressed Jiren could stomp effortlessly this guy? I refuse to aknowledge Shin's statement.
However, When Shin asked how can they fight universe Zamas, Goku did say if only he had a Senzu bean. Implying he could battle Zamas even in that form.
How do you know that wasn't just wishful thinking? Goku is the kind of person who never gives up, his solution to every problem is "get stronger than the enemy, somehow", doesn't mean that what he says is logical.

Goku couldn't battle anything, unless he were willing to destroy the very fabric of the cosmos (and that would be suicidal for obvious reasons), which he couldn't do anyway since Infinite Zamasu was immortal.
He merged with the very fabric of the cosmos. Are the other universes not part of the cosmos?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:33 pm

HeroR wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:25 pm The transformation and UI are two different things for Goku.
I don’t see how this changes anything. If Goku can’t even master the transformation that is the first step to reach Ultra Instinct, so how exactly can we count that he mastered the whole process to reach it? It doesn’t make sense.
Toriyama pretty much repeated the same thought process of the powered-up buffed versions of Super Saiyan in Cell Arc. I don’t know, he has likely forgotten he already wrote that plot point in the manga. If anything, it could imply Goku would focus on his normal form to reach SSGod’s powerlevel and going SS on top of that results in SSGSS. Of course, this plot point was abandoned at Champa Arc.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:06 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:49 am
Miracles wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:34 pm

It was actually my point. The whole Astral Zamasu thing. But seeing how many used him in reference to Jiren's might, I just had to ask.

Well, we can agree that due to Goku's character he could probably fight against everyone. Fighting is something that he loves. When facing Merged Zamasu for the first time, his reaction is "If I not beat him, I won't be satisfied". He wouldn't back down.

It is another question whether he could inflict damage to Astral Zamasu or not.

As for Astral Zamasu himself, he tried to become the multiverse, in Trunks' timeline. That is what I meant and I guess that's what you wanted me to understand. Because, if a future Zeno exists, then so does a future multiverse. Lastly, Zamasu entered the present, due to the time machine creating anomalies in the time and space, allowing him to enter said timeline. Do not forget that the Time Ring that Goku Black used could open a portal in the present for that same reason. Black was part of Merged Zamasu and he still had the Ring's power.
Well to assume astral Zamas is stronger than merged Zamas is all assumption. As we said can't scale him cause Goku and Vegeta couldn't go full power.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:24 am It is ridiculous that supposedly Suppressed Jiren is much stronger than Fused Zamasu, that pretty much means that 130 Jiren should be as powerful as the Grand Priest, which is obviously not the case. Either Shin was drunk, or the writers are exaggerated. We are talking about a fused being so powerful that his mere existence was beyond the Gods' comprehension, and whose Light was unlike anything Goku and Vegeta ever saw, those same people who battled Beerus. And I am supposed to believe that a Suppressed Jiren could stomp effortlessly this guy? I refuse to aknowledge Shin's statement.
However, When Shin asked how can they fight universe Zamas, Goku did say if only he had a Senzu bean. Implying he could battle Zamas even in that form.
How do you know that wasn't just wishful thinking? Goku is the kind of person who never gives up, his solution to every problem is "get stronger than the enemy, somehow", doesn't mean that what he says is logical.

Goku couldn't battle anything, unless he were willing to destroy the very fabric of the cosmos (and that would be suicidal for obvious reasons), which he couldn't do anyway since Infinite Zamasu was immortal.
He merged with the very fabric of the cosmos. Are the other universes not part of the cosmos?
It was stated that he only merged with the future timeline. He didn't merge with the rest of the timelines. Also, It is very evident that Jiren in the special is greater than merged Zamas. We entered god of destruction power level. DB is progressive story strength wise.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Well to assume astral Zamas is stronger than merged Zamas is all assumption
Scaling Infinite Zamasu in the first place is pretty much impossible to do without resorting to assumptions, as that final incarnation of Zamasu appeared for... 12 minutes in total? Maybe even less.
It was stated that he only merged with the future timeline.
It was stated by Gowasu that he was trying to become part of the very fabric of the cosmos. Whether he was referring only to the future universes or all realities, is unclear, though Infinite Zamasu, much like Jiren, was able to transcend time itself.
Also, It is very evident that Jiren in the special is greater than merged Zamas. We entered god of destruction power level. DB is progressive story strength wise.
It is, but it doesn't mean that it always makes sense. In this case, the power creep is just dumb. I'm not against Suppressed Jiren being slightly stronger than Fused Zamasu, I am against Fused Zamasu being a bug compared to Suppressed Jiren.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:31 pm

IMHO Fused Zamasu was about as strong as 3rd UIOmen Goku: weaker than Full Power Jiren but actually forcing him to be serious and exert some REAL effort instead of, you know, playing.
In short, in the general "High-level GoD" playball

Also: we don't know how strong is Grand Priest. As far as we know, he might well be so strong that Super Full Power Jiren and UI Goku together wouldn't be more threatening than a dead ant.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:55 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:31 pm IMHO Fused Zamasu was about as strong as 3rd UIOmen Goku: weaker than Full Power Jiren but actually forcing him to be serious and exert some REAL effort instead of, you know, playing.

Also: we don't know how strong is Grand Priest. As far as we know, he might well be so strong that Super Full Power Jiren and UI Goku together wouldn't be more threatening than a dead ant.
Well I think I generally agree, but I think putting him as high as 3rd UI Omen might be a little bit too high. In 123 when Jiren powered up and punched Goku, he said that was the hardest he had ever been hit in his life, and then Jiren powered up in 126 only to find 3rd UI Omen dominate that level of power before Jiren would power-up again in 129.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:18 am

ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:31 pmAlso: we don't know how strong is Grand Priest. As far as we know, he might well be so strong that Super Full Power Jiren and UI Goku together wouldn't be more threatening than a dead ant.
Most likely, he did stop Beerus and Quitela's punches with a single finger after all. Whis isn't supposed to be able to hold a candle to him either and he can take out Beerus with a little chop to the neck.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:03 am

PFM18 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:55 pm
ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:31 pm IMHO Fused Zamasu was about as strong as 3rd UIOmen Goku: weaker than Full Power Jiren but actually forcing him to be serious and exert some REAL effort instead of, you know, playing.

Well I think I generally agree, but I think putting him as high as 3rd UI Omen might be a little bit too high. In 123 when Jiren powered up and punched Goku, he said that was the hardest he had ever been hit in his life, and then Jiren powered up in 126 only to find 3rd UI Omen dominate that level of power before Jiren would power-up again in 129.
I agree as well. I kinda place Merged Zamasu at the level of 2nd UIO Goku. Stronger even than Kefla (besides 2nd UIO Goku did overpower her). Vegito Blue should be stronger. Both individuals (remember that they are fusions) should be quite more powerful than KK×20 Blue Goku, with the Spirit Bomb. I guess that is a bit of lowball from my part, however since the end of the Future Trunks Arc, neither Goku nor Vegeta got absurdly stronger. For 20 episodes they did nothing. Goku fought with Hit (I doubt that he got powerful enough from that fight), Vegeta had to think of Bulma, Whis trained the two just to be in shape and Goku even felt that his power was still the same (when he said that he was a bit "rusty" I don't think that he mean weaker).

So I do not understand why people still want to imply that between the Future Trunks Arc and the ToP, Goku and Vegeta became strong enough to be on par with Vegito Blue from the Future Trunks Arc, while in the same form.
P O W E R

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:45 pm

PFM18 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:55 pmWell I think I generally agree, but I think putting him as high as 3rd UI Omen might be a little bit too high.
It's mostly because he's immortal(or immortal enough, at least), otherwise he'd be lower

Ah, I must specify: I did mean GROTESQUE Fused Zamasu, not Halo.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:03 am

I agree as well. I kinda place Merged Zamasu at the level of 2nd UIO Goku. Stronger even than Kefla (besides 2nd UIO Goku did overpower her). Vegito Blue should be stronger. Both individuals (remember that they are fusions) should be quite more powerful than KK×20 Blue Goku, with the Spirit Bomb. I guess that is a bit of lowball from my part, however since the end of the Future Trunks Arc, neither Goku nor Vegeta got absurdly stronger. For 20 episodes they did nothing. Goku fought with Hit (I doubt that he got powerful enough from that fight), Vegeta had to think of Bulma, Whis trained the two just to be in shape and Goku even felt that his power was still the same (when he said that he was a bit "rusty" I don't think that he mean weaker).

So I do not understand why people still want to imply that between the Future Trunks Arc and the ToP, Goku and Vegeta became strong enough to be on par with Vegito Blue from the Future Trunks Arc, while in the same form.
Goku had to get a little stronger at least since not only did he master Blue Kaioken X10 but also X20. I'll probably have him go from an 8 to a 10 for example.

Speaking of Corrupted Zamasu, I do have him weaker than GoD Toppo and SS2 Kefla now. It's when he goes giant that I have him way stronger than them and be somewhat on par with Vegetto Blue.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:53 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:45 pm
PFM18 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:55 pmWell I think I generally agree, but I think putting him as high as 3rd UI Omen might be a little bit too high.
It's mostly because he's immortal(or immortal enough, at least), otherwise he'd be lower

Ah, I must specify: I did mean GROTESQUE Fused Zamasu, not Halo.
Well being immortal doesn't necessarily provide a power boost though?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:25 am

ZombieVito wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:36 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:03 am

Goku had to get a little stronger at least since not only did he master Blue Kaioken X10 but also X20. I'll probably have him go from an 8 to a 10 for example.

Speaking of Corrupted Zamasu, I do have him weaker than GoD Toppo and SS2 Kefla now. It's when he goes giant that I have him way stronger than them and be somewhat on par with Vegetto Blue.
I understand that. Well, he could have gotten stronger only with the Kaio-Ken. He did master the ×20 KK afterall, that is true. I think that he has been trying to do so by the Tournament of the Destroyers. After using that KK ×10 he realised that he required even more power, which is why we also got to see him activate a normal KK against Merged Zamasu. However, during the Exhibition Match he spammed it a lot.

About Merged Zamasu, do you think that it would make sense if he became 10 times stronger in his giant form? I mean when Zamasu got bigger (causing Vegito to power-up a bit) would you compare his technique with the one used by Garlic Junior, or the Namekians? Great Namekians have no different power level, so it has to be the first one. However, I do not know much of Garlic Junior, so if we were to scale off Zamasu's power-up based on him, do you have any idea as to how much stronger he would get against Vegito?
P O W E R

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:14 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:25 am when Zamasu got bigger (causing Vegito to power-up a bit) would you compare his technique with the one used by Garlic Junior, or the Namekians?
It’s the same “super strong but slow” form the Saiyans and Cell had used in the past. There is no way to quantify how much stronger he got. Garlick Jr. and Piccolo did the same in the Makyo Star filler arc.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:30 am

Jiren wasn't at full-power in the anime though.