BoG power

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Mad Swami
Regular
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 am

BoG power

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:08 pm

How strong was Beerus in the Battle of Gods movie? At no point do Goku and Beerus in the movie threaten the universe so is he still universal? Goku as a SSG>>>>Super Vegito and Beerus>>>>>>>>>>SSG Goku as Goku makes Beerus use 60% when he goes SSJ with the SSG power in base. This means SSGX50=60%% of Beerus. Is that universal? multi galactic?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: BoG power

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59 pm

Mad Swami wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:08 pm
How strong was Beerus in the Battle of Gods movie? At no point do Goku and Beerus in the movie threaten the universe so is he still universal? Goku as a SSG>>>>Super Vegito and Beerus>>>>>>>>>>SSG Goku as Goku makes Beerus use 60% when he goes SSJ with the SSG power in base. This means SSGX50=60%% of Beerus. Is that universal? multi galactic?
Only statement given in the movie was that if beerus got angry, the solar system would get destroyed. Anything else would be pure speculation

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2982
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: BoG power

Post by Miracles » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:17 pm

The powers of Beerus and SSG Goku were not quantified in the movie at all. No surprise, as Akira Toriyama wrote the movie himself.
His narration define's strength through plot of battle power escalation. As SSG was to be greater than anything that came before it in order to face the new foe Beerus
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

Mad Swami
Regular
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 am

Re: BoG power

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:51 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59 pm
Mad Swami wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:08 pm
How strong was Beerus in the Battle of Gods movie? At no point do Goku and Beerus in the movie threaten the universe so is he still universal? Goku as a SSG>>>>Super Vegito and Beerus>>>>>>>>>>SSG Goku as Goku makes Beerus use 60% when he goes SSJ with the SSG power in base. This means SSGX50=60%% of Beerus. Is that universal? multi galactic?
Only statement given in the movie was that if beerus got angry, the solar system would get destroyed. Anything else would be pure speculation
right, in your opinion what would you say however?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: BoG power

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:07 am

Mad Swami wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:51 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59 pm
Mad Swami wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:08 pm
How strong was Beerus in the Battle of Gods movie? At no point do Goku and Beerus in the movie threaten the universe so is he still universal? Goku as a SSG>>>>Super Vegito and Beerus>>>>>>>>>>SSG Goku as Goku makes Beerus use 60% when he goes SSJ with the SSG power in base. This means SSGX50=60%% of Beerus. Is that universal? multi galactic?
Only statement given in the movie was that if beerus got angry, the solar system would get destroyed. Anything else would be pure speculation
right, in your opinion what would you say however?
He’s way above Z Vegetto in the movie so galaxy level

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5939
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: BoG power

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:28 pm

In the movie SSJG Goku is around 70% of Beerus's strength.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Mad Swami
Regular
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 am

Re: BoG power

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:41 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:28 pm
In the movie SSJG Goku is around 70% of Beerus's strength.
I don't think so. I am pretty sure the 70% comment is referring to SSG base SSJ fighting Beerus. That's when Goku goes all out. Plus when you do the math if SSG Goku is 70% then 50 times that would probably be greater than Beerus

Mad Swami
Regular
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 am

Re: BoG power

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:43 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:07 am
Mad Swami wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:51 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59 pm


Only statement given in the movie was that if beerus got angry, the solar system would get destroyed. Anything else would be pure speculation
right, in your opinion what would you say however?
He’s way above Z Vegetto in the movie so galaxy level
Ok that's fair. I would say Vegito was high multi solar system level to low galaxy level so if Beerus just was high galaxy level that would work

User avatar
Thani
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: BoG power

Post by Thani » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:29 pm

Mad Swami wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:41 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:28 pm
In the movie SSJG Goku is around 70% of Beerus's strength.
I don't think so. I am pretty sure the 70% comment is referring to SSG base SSJ fighting Beerus. That's when Goku goes all out. Plus when you do the math if SSG Goku is 70% then 50 times that would probably be greater than Beerus
No, no. Goku absorbed that power, yes, but Beerus never says it's his base power now. In fact, it's only after Goku goes Super that he says he "doesn't feel weaker at all". So at the very least, it is that SSj Goku has the same power as when he was using SSG. In narrative terms, it's like Goku was using his full power as a Super Saiyan God while still being a mere Super Saiyan. Since he was already using his full power in his most efficient form, going SS2 or SS3 wouldn't change a thing.

Which is why Super retconned that, in favor of bringing back SS2 and 3 as power ups. The "God Power" in base kept going through RoF and perhaps the U6 arc (since it was still a thing by the magic water arc), but they seemingly dropped it during the Future Trunks Arc (since we had SS2 Trunks going toe to toe with SS2 Goku, who should be at the least 2x stronger than his SSG self from BoG, who was even stronger than Z Vegito) in order to make the scalation of power more manageable. But it was already suggested it in the U6 arc proper, with Cabba, a saiyan who never heard of Super Saiyan, let alone the godly forms, was able to fight evenly with Vegeta, who not only trained under Whis, but also was supposed to have absorbed the Super Saiyan God power.
Mad Swami wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:43 pm

Ok that's fair. I would say Vegito was high multi solar system level to low galaxy level so if Beerus just was high galaxy level that would work
That is fair, indeed. Universal destruction is supposed to be a feat capable only by Gods of Destruction (and equally powerful characters) going all out, so Super Vegito (Z) shouldn't have that much power if he's not even close to a Super Saiyan God of Goku's level.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2982
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: BoG power

Post by Miracles » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:38 pm

Toriyama ranks Goku a 6 and Beerus a 10. Seems equal to the movie, being 60% of Beerus power?
Also Toriyama ranks Whis 15, having Beerus close to 70% of Whis's power as well.

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations ... -toriyama/
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

Mad Swami
Regular
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 am

Re: BoG power

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:59 pm

Thani wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:29 pm
Mad Swami wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:41 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:28 pm
In the movie SSJG Goku is around 70% of Beerus's strength.
I don't think so. I am pretty sure the 70% comment is referring to SSG base SSJ fighting Beerus. That's when Goku goes all out. Plus when you do the math if SSG Goku is 70% then 50 times that would probably be greater than Beerus
No, no. Goku absorbed that power, yes, but Beerus never says it's his base power now. In fact, it's only after Goku goes Super that he says he "doesn't feel weaker at all". So at the very least, it is that SSj Goku has the same power as when he was using SSG. In narrative terms, it's like Goku was using his full power as a Super Saiyan God while still being a mere Super Saiyan. Since he was already using his full power in his most efficient form, going SS2 or SS3 wouldn't change a thing.

Which is why Super retconned that, in favor of bringing back SS2 and 3 as power ups. The "God Power" in base kept going through RoF and perhaps the U6 arc (since it was still a thing by the magic water arc), but they seemingly dropped it during the Future Trunks Arc (since we had SS2 Trunks going toe to toe with SS2 Goku, who should be at the least 2x stronger than his SSG self from BoG, who was even stronger than Z Vegito) in order to make the scalation of power more manageable. But it was already suggested it in the U6 arc proper, with Cabba, a saiyan who never heard of Super Saiyan, let alone the godly forms, was able to fight evenly with Vegeta, who not only trained under Whis, but also was supposed to have absorbed the Super Saiyan God power.
Mad Swami wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:43 pm

Ok that's fair. I would say Vegito was high multi solar system level to low galaxy level so if Beerus just was high galaxy level that would work
That is fair, indeed. Universal destruction is supposed to be a feat capable only by Gods of Destruction (and equally powerful characters) going all out, so Super Vegito (Z) shouldn't have that much power if he's not even close to a Super Saiyan God of Goku's level.
no the god base is never dropped, simply suppression. As for this discussion SSJ1 Goku vs Beerus is equal to a SSg X50 because Goku comments how he never felt weaker when he lost the form. Meaning SSG=base Goku in the fight

User avatar
ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: BoG power

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:26 am

All the information present in the film was corrected in Super, it is necessary to discard this scale of power.

I didn't see anyone agreeing with the fact that Bulma was 38 years old, so just disregard that.

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5939
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: BoG power

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:50 pm

ronaldnorth_03 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:26 am
All the information present in the film was corrected in Super, it is necessary to discard this scale of power.

I didn't see anyone agreeing with the fact that Bulma was 38 years old, so just disregard that.
Wasn't it implied she was lying about that?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: BoG power

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:56 pm

No. Just as Mai says she is 41 years old.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2982
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: BoG power

Post by Miracles » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:11 pm

ronaldnorth_03 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:26 am
All the information present in the film was corrected in Super, it is necessary to discard this scale of power.

I didn't see anyone agreeing with the fact that Bulma was 38 years old, so just disregard that.
Super adapted the movie. It didn't "correct" anything.
This is why people were shocked about Goku going Red again.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

User avatar
ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: BoG power

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:09 pm

I mean the age of Bulma and Mai, apart from the scale of power between the two, none of them are mentioned. But I agree, the ideal would be to keep SSJ God throughout the fight, as well as the manga.

Mad Swami
Regular
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 am

Re: BoG power

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:15 pm

ronaldnorth_03 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:26 am
All the information present in the film was corrected in Super, it is necessary to discard this scale of power.

I didn't see anyone agreeing with the fact that Bulma was 38 years old, so just disregard that.
I know and I am not saying this is cannon, was just curious where people would rank it

Post Reply