Kai Episode 61 (13 June 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Blue
Advanced Regular

Re: Kai Episode 61 (13 June 2010)

Post by Blue » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:21 pm

ThunderPX wrote:Damn, some of the animation was terrible in this episode. It's like the people in charge made a list of shots that needed to be redrawn, without actually noting what needed to be fixed.
Step up from the old "let's throw darts at scenes from this episodes and reanimated whatever we hit" tactic at least. :lol:

Ah Kai, I love it but it really is far from being magnificent.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:05 pm

ThunderPX wrote:Damn, some of the animation was terrible in this episode.
Keeping in mind the animation they had to work from, I didn't miss the extra footage of Bulma's non-closing mouth and other weird oddities from Z. Yep, Kai is far from perfect (minus the pacing), but I'm able to take off the rose colored glasses when it comes to comparing it to Z.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:41 pm

I only watched Vegeta's SSJ scene, because in all honesty I am waiting for the English Dub to come out before watching Kai in full. It's not that I don't like the Japanese, but I already watched all of Z in Japanese straight through, and I kinda need something new.

Anyway, I liked the few musical pieces I heard, but the total lack of music during his transformation scene was kind of a let down. But the music right after was very good.

I am kind of disappointed that they cut out some of the training scenes because one of them was beautifully animated and I think only appears in that episode in z.

Vegeta completely re-drawn for the worse right before turning SSJ. I can only ask why?

Also Vegeta's hair looked very brown in a lot of shots, but that could have just been the video I watched.

EDIT: Also wasn't there a rumor floating around that the word "Shit" might make an appearance in the uncut English dub dvd and blu ray? Cause if there was ever a time to drop the s-bomb, it would be during the scene when Vegeta get's wrecked by the meteor. If I remember Steve Simmons translated it as "crap", but hey, we all know what Vegeta really said, lol.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:39 pm

omegacwa wrote:Also Vegeta's hair looked very brown in a lot of shots, but that could have just been the video I watched.
That's because that was how it was colored most of the time in the animation cels. I don't know why so many people think it is a "problem" with Kai or the Dragon Boxes.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:51 pm

omegacwa wrote:EDIT: Also wasn't there a rumor floating around that the word "Shit" might make an appearance in the uncut English dub dvd and blu ray? Cause if there was ever a time to drop the s-bomb, it would be during the scene when Vegeta get's wrecked by the meteor. If I remember Steve Simmons translated it as "crap", but hey, we all know what Vegeta really said, lol.
Eh, cursing in Japanese translations is a toss up sometimes. When I did it for various fansub teams back in the day, I always took the stance that anime is still for children so everyone shouldn't curse like it's South Park or something. I still respected the integrity of the dialogue and wouldn't go so far as to dumb cursing down to "darn," "shoot" and what have you, but putting "Crap" as a translation for what I'm assuming is kuso is technically still correct.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:03 am

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:22 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:Image
You're using an anime streaming site, so it's gonna be a bad translation =/

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:32 am

Don't look at the Subtitle!!!! look at Vegeta's eyes!!!!

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:59 am

OMG HE'S LOOKING AT ME!!! No seriously, what's up with his eyes? I dun get it. Are they the wrong color?

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:19 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
omegacwa wrote:Also Vegeta's hair looked very brown in a lot of shots, but that could have just been the video I watched.
That's because that was how it was colored most of the time in the animation cels. I don't know why so many people think it is a "problem" with Kai or the Dragon Boxes.
I didn't think it was a problem. I was just pointing it out. As I said I haven't been watching Kai. I have only seen the first 13 episodes in English and a bunch in Japanese before I decided to wait, but I don't remember what episode I stopped on.
obiwan23s wrote:
omegacwa wrote:EDIT: Also wasn't there a rumor floating around that the word "Shit" might make an appearance in the uncut English dub dvd and blu ray? Cause if there was ever a time to drop the s-bomb, it would be during the scene when Vegeta get's wrecked by the meteor. If I remember Steve Simmons translated it as "crap", but hey, we all know what Vegeta really said, lol.
Eh, cursing in Japanese translations is a toss up sometimes. When I did it for various fansub teams back in the day, I always took the stance that anime is still for children so everyone shouldn't curse like it's South Park or something. I still respected the integrity of the dialogue and wouldn't go so far as to dumb cursing down to "darn," "shoot" and what have you, but putting "Crap" as a translation for what I'm assuming is kuso is technically still correct.
I logically assume it will be translated as crap. I am pretty sure that even on the uncut they won't be saying "shit". There was another thread that said that Sean Schemmel said that "shit" might get used, so I was just saying that if there were ever an oppurtunity where it wouldn't be an out of place mistranslation, that would be the time.

I am not hoping for them to use the word shit or anything, I was just theorizing.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:57 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:look at Vegeta's eyes!!!!
This would be something to include in your initial post along with the image. A little context for a randomly posted image would go a long way in avoiding confusion. And it's just really annoying.

So what's wrong with his eyes? I don't have the episode in front of me, and I can't see them in your screen shot at all. His eyes look somewhat green, but again, I can't really tell because the screen shot is small, blurry, and pixelated.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Hujio wrote:
Goku100xKamehameha wrote:look at Vegeta's eyes!!!!
This would be something to include in your initial post along with the image. A little context for a randomly posted image would go a long way in avoiding confusion. And it's just really annoying.

So what's wrong with his eyes? I don't have the episode in front of me, and I can't see them in your screen shot at all. His eyes look somewhat green, but again, I can't really tell because the screen shot is small, blurry, and pixelated.
Well, he does look a little like Sage Mode Naruto...

...I guess Vegeta was off training with Fukusaku-sama at Mount Myoboku before arriving to save Konoha from Pain, having finally mastered Nature Energy.

Watch out for his Big Bang Rasen Shuriken!!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:Don't look at the Subtitle!!!! look at Vegeta's eyes!!!!
I see a lot of shadowing under his eyes, along with the rest of his body, due to the intense aura of his super saiyan ki. So basically, there's nothing wrong with this.

Deity
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deity » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Normally I don't pay much attention to music, not that I think it's not important, it's just that when I'm enjoying I'm not analyzing lol but the lack of music in Vegeta's transformation scene caught my eye enough for me to notice it and start comparing it to Z. It could just be that Vegeta's entrance in the fight was one of my favourite moments in the series, and I could remember it very well when watching, but it felt wrong to not have music when he was transforming to Super Saiyan for the first time in the series...

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:53 pm

I dunno, that shading looks pretty ridiculously heavy to me too.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Another bad side of Kai.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:59 pm

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:Another bad side of Kai.
Before you or anyone else starts accusing Kai of that "mistake"(it's obviously the lighting), would you, or somebody else provide a Z screenshot of the same scene?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Before you or anyone else starts accusing Kai of that "mistake"(it's obviously the lighting), would you, or somebody else provide a Z screenshot of the same scene?
Bad quality (sorry).

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:27 pm

SSJSteve wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
Bad quality (sorry).

Seems just about equal to the shot in Kai to me.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Good enough. It severely irks me when people constantly point out "flaws" in Kai's reanimated scenes that were there in Z's original animation and then act as though Kai created said "flaw".