Yamcha: Dead Again t-shirt

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonEric84
Banned

Yamcha: Dead Again t-shirt

Post by SonEric84 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:22 am

I was on facebook and saw this being advertised via status update on the flutterscape page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... e=1&ref=nf
Trans rights, now!

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Re: Yamcha: Dead Again t-shirt

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:00 am

I must have that.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:55 am

Isn't that image of the first time he died? When does Yamcha die again? Was it when Boo turned him into candy? I'm confused.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:07 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Isn't that image of the first time he died? When does Yamcha die again? Was it when Boo turned him into candy? I'm confused.
Yeah, he dies the first time fighting that Saibaiman, and he doesn't die again until Boo eats him along with everyone else. Seems like Kuririn would have been a much better pick for a shirt like that. Or have it be "Yamcha loses again" rather than "Yamcha dies again". [/nitpick]
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:10 am

Great shirt, but the price is absolutely outrageous! $48 and $19 shipping to USA? Ridiculous...
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:11 am

Herms wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Isn't that image of the first time he died? When does Yamcha die again? Was it when Boo turned him into candy? I'm confused.
Yeah, he dies the first time fighting that Saibaiman, and he doesn't die again until Boo eats him along with everyone else. Seems like Kuririn would have been a much better pick for a shirt like that. Or have it be "Yamcha loses again" rather than "Yamcha dies again". [/nitpick]
Yea, I love the look of the shirt but, I wasn't sure if that was his first death since I'm not too familiar with the original DB series other than the first and last arcs. Thanks for clearing that up!

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:04 am

Kuwabara wrote:Great shirt, but the price is absolutely outrageous! $48 and $19 shipping to USA? Ridiculous...

I didn't realize that! That's insane.

Also, I agree with Herms that Krillin would have been the better pick since that is the first time Yamcha is ever actually killed. So yeah, "loses" would have been more appropriate.
Trans rights, now!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:33 am

I think I read somewhere that this image is Yamcha's most famous one. :?
At least, I've seen this parodied in so many fanarts....

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:42 pm

Great shirt. To bad it's doesn't really make sense, it's not available in women's tees, and on top of that it's to damn expensive.
Michsi wrote:I think I read somewhere that this image is Yamcha's most famous one. :?
I even see it parodied in some hentai doujins too.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Michsi wrote:I think I read somewhere that this image is Yamcha's most famous one. :?
Same goes for me. I can't link to anything off the top of my head, by I remember seeing this Yamcha pic on more than one occasion throughout fandom.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams