Battle of Gods...2?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Battle of Gods...2?

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:02 am

The more I think about it, the more likely I feel that this is what they're planning; should they reach their 3 Billion Yen target. I know I haven't seen the film yet, but just looking over some of the stuff that Kei7 has said really makes it feel like the door is open for another film- perhaps for the Manga's 30th Anniversary in December next yet.

Here's a list of things that seem to indicate that there's something else coming:
- Birusu revealing that there's 12 Universes.
- Uisu saying Birusu will re-awaken in 3 years.
- Goku not actually winning and Super Saiyan God being not all that great.
- Chozenshuu 2 with the whole "Battle of Gods...and more?" thing.
- Uisu being stronger than Birusu

I'll have to wait till I either see the movie myself or read through Kei's summary, but from the looks of things it looks as though the movie doesn't really reach much of a conclusion.

What do you guys think? Would You like another movie or would you prefer another series? What would you like to see in a new movie/series? Should the next film be about Birusu and Uisu or something related to them (eg. Another God of Destruction? Makaioshin? Something from the other universes?)
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Battle of Gods 2?

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:11 am

Sequel or new series? I will take either. Or both. I've enjoyed the vast majority of stuff I've read about BOG's plot. Also, the opportunity to see Vegeta attempt to navigate the catch 22 that'll unlock his hidden power is too juicy for me not to want to get to see. X3

I want to support this movie with $ and plan on doing so once listings appear for the BOG-related items I want to buy.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Re: Battle of Gods...2?

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:14 am

BoG2 would be pretty sweet. Perhaps Goku only achieved a portion of the SSJ Gods power.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:14 am

I wouldn't want it. Goku losing, even with SSG, just gives closure to the whole series. It's like when Rocky lost his final match against Mason Dixon in the last Rocky movie. He didn't care about victory - he just wanted to see how far he could test himself against the other guy. That's what Goku vs. Bills feels like. We're so used to this guy Goku doing the best he can and taking the win, then getting better for the next opponent. But, Battle of Gods took a more mature route; possibly the most mature route Dragon Ball had ever taken. Goku, no longer a kid losing to his own master in a martial arts competition and is now his own ingenious master, lost the match against the God of Destruction with the fate of the Earth on the line, and even though the Earth was saved due to a fluke, Goku still lost, possibly realizing where he stands in the universe. This goes to show that sure, you can be the strongest guy in the world, in the galaxy, even in the afterlife - there's still always someone better. It's the same lesson Roshi wanted to teach him when he posed as Jackie Chun. Now, after all these years, Goku learns this lesson once more and sees that he still has a ways to go. I like that ending much better than a sequel where Goku takes the win.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:22 am

Goku losing is fine, it's the fact the movie left so many unanswered questions, it practically warrants a sequel.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:23 am

I don't care what it is as long as it is Dragon Ball.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:28 am

That's a really good reason to end it there NeoKing, but I still want more, if there's really nothing else theres nothing else, but I feel there is. I guess we
ll see if Goku seems like he's realized all of that, or seems to think he could do better next time. Also I feel like someone added all the things Bills said so someone without Toriyama could continue Dragonball onward.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:04 am

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:19 am

It looks like they might be trying to go that route with some of the things in the movie, and I wouldn't mind if they did, but they might also just be wanting to leave unexplored possibilities so that fans will have something to chew over themselves. In the intro to the last tankoubon, Toriyama said he wanted to make it seem like the story could still continue, and the last chapter says we must imagine for ourselves what happens next, so maybe he was aiming for that with the movie. Basically, avoid making it so that Goku and co. are the strongest guys what ever were and that there's nothing more for them to strive for. Kind of like the ending to Yu Yu Hakusho, I guess.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:25 am

Well, Kakarotto it´s not like Rocky, it´s a totally different person. Kakarotto loves to fight and get pretty pretty excited about it, come on friends, he almost cry when a powerful opponent appears. When he can not defeat an villain , he always search surpass his own powers. And Vegeta is not so different from Kakarotto!!

I hope there is a continuation with good arguments!!!

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:20 am

More movies if anything.

Honestly, the story is done. While I think Goku and company fighting these other Gods of Destruction will be exciting... I again can't help but think the story has already been stretched too far.
In the intro to the last tankoubon, Toriyama said he wanted to make it seem like the story could still continue, and the last chapter says we must imagine for ourselves what happens next, so maybe he was aiming for that with the movie
I like the sound to that.
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:40 am

With the 30th anniversary of the manga, and all these hints, I can see a new anime series coming.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:54 am

I see two possibilities of continuing from where "Battle of Gods" will left off as another movie or series.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:27 am

Yeah, I can see them continuing on from battle of gods, if they go with movies I think it'd work better. :)

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:33 pm

Okay...if Goku defeats a God...where can you go up from that? I think once you beat God... you just win. The story is over, lmao.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:10 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Okay...if Goku defeats a God...where can you go up from that? I think once you beat God... you just win. The story is over, lmao.
Goku beat Kaio and Kaioshin and they are Gods.....
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:24 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Okay...if Goku defeats a God...where can you go up from that? I think once you beat God... you just win. The story is over, lmao.
The thing is, Goku lost. And there are 11 other Gods of Destruction, and who knows what line of fighters the other 11 Universes have, and how strong they are.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:37 pm

Oh, trust me....as long as Toei wants money, they'll find a way to up the ante. They always have.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:01 pm

Why not have other gods like God of Creation, God of Time and God of Thunder? It won't surprise me if they do another series with AT helping with the story. I think Battle of Gods will do fine at the box office, so I think we will see more DB related stuff then we did before.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Why not have other gods like God of Creation, God of Time and God of Thunder? It won't surprise me if they do another series with AT helping with the story. I think Battle of Gods will do fine at the box office, so I think we will see more DB related stuff then we did before.
There is apparently a World King of Time involved in DBO's back story even though I don't think we have an image of him.
But yeah, like another user mentioned Goku doesn't exactly win but proves his worth and Uisu is said to be stronger than Birusu(not to mention the other 11 universes). Plus we didn't even know about the Hakaishin before this movie. If they want to make another story set after this one they can make up anything.