Next DBZ Movie Featuring Vegeta?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mystic Buu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Next DBZ Movie Featuring Vegeta?

Post by Mystic Buu » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:03 pm

RocktheDragon wrote:
hleV wrote:BOG screwed Vegeta over so much that I can't see a movie with him in the spotlight being any good. But if they bring back the good ol' badass Vegeta, go for it.
I though it was refreshing to see Vegeta get into ridiculous mode. It was a nice juxtaposition to the great danger of having the God of Destruction nearby and having to entertain/satisfy him. Also, the main point of it all was just in good fun and I think Dragon Ball should go more toward its comedic side in future movies (but that's just me).
Yeah,I agree with you.By his reactions,I knew how strong was Beerus.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:03 pm

sintzu wrote:Don't Saiyans get stronger when they are angry ?
Only Gohan and potentially other Human-Saiyan hybrids.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:07 pm

hleV wrote:
sintzu wrote:Don't Saiyans get stronger when they are angry ?
Only Gohan and potentially other Human-Saiyan hybrids.
Did they say that only hybrids get them ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:12 pm

hleV wrote:You mean the scene where he randomly powered up, contradicing the living shit out of what's been established in the series? The scene would've been awesome had it been just SS3, but now I don't find it enjoyable at all because it doesn't make any sense.
Or he could have been tapping into dormant SSj3 power. Half-transforming.

Also, this was the first time we saw Vegeta really fight since becoming a full blown good guy, him getting a new loved-one-tied-shonen-bullshit-power-up isn't out of the question, unless you're simply adamant about a new entry in the series adding new concepts. It's more than entitled to do that.

Makes more sense than a lot of other things people accept without question in the series.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:16 pm

I would so watch "The Vegeta Movie". X3
I'm also up for 'rescuing Gokû', Briefs family shenanigans, and ssj3 Vegeta.

Wow that is pretty cool. Vegeta as a protagonist also means possible space travel. (Gokû gets to see one of those other universes, but only because he gets kidnapped by the villains and taken there).

If this gets confirmed beyond that if, looking forward to it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GsTvo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GsTvo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Yeah!!!!! If this becomes reality, I'm gonna be the happiest person in the world. (Of course if its a good product, with a good animation...).

:clap:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:28 pm

GsTvo wrote:Yeah!!!!! If this becomes reality, I'm gonna be the happiest person in the world. (Of course if its a good product, with a good animation...).

:clap:
Me too and there is a lot to be happy for and these are 2 of them :

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... render.png

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/ ... 66yrxf.png

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:32 pm

I'm calling it now: Super Saiyan God Vegeta. Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta is old news now, and it's already on the video games.

As for Vegeta's "rage boost" in the movie, it wasn't a real rage boost. Vegeta got angry & forcibly tried to get stronger, which made him use all of his power all at once, but left him exhausted after a few seconds (both what we saw & what Goku said). It's like with techniques like the Kamehameha that concentrate all your power at one point & amplifies it, that's what Vegeta did but on a bigger scale (as big as possible) and on his body instead of a ki blast (like Kaio-ken).
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:36 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I'm calling it now: Super Saiyan God Vegeta. Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta is old news now, and it's already on the video games.
Of course he will get ssjg but 3 is still a posibality especially if they want to get more attention to the movie and sell toys

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:43 pm

Count me in since I wanted to see Vegeta be the main role for a movie or series for a while now. Given that BOG was announced back in July 2012, I think we will see an announcement for DBZ Movie 15 around summer time and the movie will likely be out by Spring 2015.
PhoenixEX wrote:The potential chance of SSJG Vegeta battling a God? Count me in!
Vegeta did said that he wanted to go SSjG next at the end of BOG. So it's possible.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:22 pm

And, when they read it, Toei thought: "So if we get him to come up with the story, Goku won't be the protagonist?.......So, who else can we get to do it?"

I'd totally be interested in seeing it, though.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:23 pm

Sounds great. Make it happen Toriyama.

Mystic Buu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystic Buu » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:27 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I'm calling it now: Super Saiyan God Vegeta. Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta is old news now, and it's already on the video games.

As for Vegeta's "rage boost" in the movie, it wasn't a real rage boost. Vegeta got angry & forcibly tried to get stronger, which made him use all of his power all at once, but left him exhausted after a few seconds (both what we saw & what Goku said). It's like with techniques like the Kamehameha that concentrate all your power at one point & amplifies it, that's what Vegeta did but on a bigger scale (as big as possible) and on his body instead of a ki blast (like Kaio-ken).
I would like Super Saiyan God Vegeta.Super Saiyan 3 isn't important and strong now(SSJ3 Goku got kicked by Bills with a FINGER)and it isn't very durable.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:37 pm

I'm betting the plot for the next movie could take place after BOG and before Beerus wakes up. I always imagine the plot for the next movie has a god from another universe trying to destroy all life in U7 and Beerus ends up teaming up with Goku to stop it.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

GsTvo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GsTvo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:40 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I'm calling it now: Super Saiyan God Vegeta.
No way, I'm hoping that's never gonna happen, Vegeta deserves a good transformation...

I don't expect a new transformation (which is unlikely because all that "power level" crap), as an argument maybe: Vegeta is bored, he wants feel alive (with battles of course) but Goku is training with Ubb, so he finds out about a tournament in another city, at first he is not interested because the level of the competitors, but Trunks convinces him. Gohan and Goten go to. When the tournament starts, someone (could be the enemy) almost kill Trunks in the first round, who is that guy?

Something like that... but not SSJ God (and that's because the events are before Bills, just after DBZ end... and because I don't like it) haha.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Kei says this in the very first post, but I guess it needs repeating that Toriyama just says "if" there is a new movie, he "thinks" they ought to have Vegeta as the main character, but nothing has been decided upon.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Herms wrote:he "thinks" they ought to have Vegeta as the main character.
kei17 wrote:he WILL cast Vegeta as the protagonist in it.
There is nothing about saying they ought to make it about vegeta it's obvious that he will write whatever movie they will make in the future and when that happens vegeta will be the main charecter in it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Rukura wrote:And, when they read it, Toei thought: "So if we get him to come up with the story, Goku won't be the protagonist?.......So, who else can we get to do it?"
He owns dragon ball so i don't think they will have a choice but to say yes if he wants to work on whatever they are doing with it like what he did in battle of gods where they wanted the ssjg to be compleatly diffrent from what he wanted and they ended up having the form look the way he wanted it to

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:21 pm

sintzu wrote:
Herms wrote:he "thinks" they ought to have Vegeta as the main character.
kei17 wrote:he WILL cast Vegeta as the protagonist in it.
There is nothing about saying they ought to make it about vegeta it's obvious that he will write whatever movie they will make in the future and when that happens vegeta will be the main charecter in it.
I think given that, as Herms can actually read Japanese and has most likely read the quoted article Kei attached, he's in a position not to be corrected. That is of course unless you profess greater knowledge.

Keep in mind that Kei isn't a native English speaker, and whilst his English is very good, it's possible that the tone of his original message has perhaps been misinterpreted by some people, and maybe isn't as representative of the tone of the Japanese text as it could be. Toriyama most definitely isn't dealing in certainties in the quoted part about Vegeta, it's more like casual musings on a subject that itself is purely hypothetical.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:25 pm

Blade wrote:I think given that, as Herms can actually read Japanese and has most likely read the quoted article Kei attached, he's in a position not to be corrected.
oh :oops:

But still if he gets his hands on it like battle of gods vegeta at the very least will have a bigger part then he did the first time