Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by MagicBox » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:16 am

sintzu wrote:At this point fans shouldn't expect anyone other then Goku&Vegeta to shine. Sure the rest will probably take out Freeza's henchmen but that's not what their fan base's want.
I'm perfectly happy with Goku and Vegeta defeating the main antagonists because that has no effect whatsoever on whether or not other characters get "to shine." If a fan is only going to be happy if his or her favorite character is the main hero, then that fan needs new standards.

Somebody like Oolong is never going to destroy the main villain, but he still got a great chance "to shine" in the extended cut of "Battle Of Gods." I think most realistic fans would be perfectly happy seeing their favorite character get a few great lines here and there. They don't have to be on hero duty to get the spotlight they deserve.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:32 am

sintzu wrote:
JamesOwnz wrote:In the end this movie will probably have a lot of haters from people who think their favorite characters got a raw deal like Gohan or something.
At this point fans shouldn't expect anyone other then Goku&Vegeta to shine.
Not necessarily... I'm hoping we see a plethora of Freeza henchman show up with varying power levels from very weak to super powerful, so we could see minor characters like Lunch and Oolong take part in the battle, even if it's only very brief.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:00 am

The only other character I can see fans wanting to defeat the main villain is Gohan. And by Gohan, I mean preteen Gohan from the Cell games...

Does anybody actually want SSJG Gohan in a story? If Vegeta's blue, he can be green. Then Goten and Trunks can be orange and purple, respectively. Later, they can all quintuple fuse into SSJG Gokuhangeta, who's a giant robot.
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:43 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Does anybody actually want SSJG Gohan in a story? If Vegeta's blue, he can be green. Then Goten and Trunks can be orange and purple, respectively. Later, they can all quintuple fuse into SSJG Gokuhangeta, who's a giant robot.

Are you doing this on purpose?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:57 am

hleV wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Does anybody actually want SSJG Gohan in a story? If Vegeta's blue, he can be green. Then Goten and Trunks can be orange and purple, respectively. Later, they can all quintuple fuse into SSJG Gokuhangeta, who's a giant robot.

Are you doing this on purpose?
Just a lil. :3
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:16 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:The only other character I can see fans wanting to defeat the main villain is Gohan. And by Gohan, I mean preteen Gohan from the Cell games...

Does anybody actually want SSJG Gohan in a story? If Vegeta's blue, he can be green. Then Goten and Trunks can be orange and purple, respectively. Later, they can all quintuple fuse into SSJG Gokuhangeta, who's a giant robot.
I'd prefer the Saiyarangers with a Shenlong Megazord.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:13 am

So this movies saving grace of final nail in the coffin will be Freeza. I for one am on board with it and think Torishima knows what's up. For me more Beerus, Whis & Vegeta will be great. I would like if Piccolo, Kuririn & Gohan could be important characters. If the super sayians are effectively shelved it will make and interesting story. Freeza for me has to be a maniacal tyrant, destroying whatever he can and being smug all the while.

I don't think it will be that complicated of a story. Torishima edited Dragon ball's early portion a little less than the first half. None of those stories seemed that complicated or complex. I imagine based on the cell saga stuff with Torishima. To Toriyama-sensei Torishima is like Hattori & the other two editors are like Miura (If anyone gets the reference).
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:26 am

MagicBox wrote:
sintzu wrote:At this point fans shouldn't expect anyone other then Goku&Vegeta to shine. Sure the rest will probably take out Freeza's henchmen but that's not what their fan base's want.
I'm perfectly happy with Goku and Vegeta defeating the main antagonists because that has no effect whatsoever on whether or not other characters get "to shine." If a fan is only going to be happy if his or her favorite character is the main hero, then that fan needs new standards.

Somebody like Oolong is never going to destroy the main villain, but he still got a great chance "to shine" in the extended cut of "Battle Of Gods." I think most realistic fans would be perfectly happy seeing their favorite character get a few great lines here and there. They don't have to be on hero duty to get the spotlight they deserve.
Oolong got plenty of time to shine even without the extended cut.

Yet Yamcha had 1 line.. =(

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:19 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:The only other character I can see fans wanting to defeat the main villain is Gohan.
Thankfully Toriyama has the common sense to not do that.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:18 am

sintzu wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:The only other character I can see fans wanting to defeat the main villain is Gohan.
Gohan already defeated a main villain, Cell. Hell, Gohan also killed a movie main villain as well in the form of Bojack, as well as two of his minions in the form of Bujin and Bido

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:12 am

Time for Krillin and Tien to prove their progress, before Freeza gets smacked by Piccolo lol now is the chance.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:59 am

MagicBox wrote:

I agree 100%. To me, there's more to "Shine time" than just beating the main bad guy. I feel as though everyone got plenty of shine in BoG except maybe Chaozu.

I will also go to say that both Piccolo and Krillin got plenty "shine" in the Boo arc as well, as with 18, Bulma and Chichi.

No matter how big or small, Screen time IS Shine time.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:33 am

Well, I was a huge fan of Super Sentai series and I found Ginyu Force hilarious.
Also, Saint Seiya has also lot of Super Sentai simmilarities, so I am OK with it :)
But I hope SSG will be solid on red hair.

I wonder about those clothes alterations, I can't wait to see Vegeta's full attire and also, it reminds me a lot how we got black alternates of Vegeta in videogames ever since :)
I would love to see Krillin and at least Yamcha to shine in fight.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:45 am

The sadistic side of me wants to see this happen now, because reasons.

I agree wholeheartedly on screentime, at least when used well, being just as good as fight time for giving a character a chance to shine. It would be nice if Kuririn and the others got to fight the minions in this movie, but I have no delusions that they'd be the people actually taking down Freeza, or whoever our main villain is (if the theory that Freeza is just the start of the problem holds true, I mean). Though I would like to see the idea Toriyama wanted to do in BoG, where the gang all...well, gangs up...on the villain to buy Goku more time. Sure, they'd be cannon fodder essentially, but it'd still be pretty cool to see.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Gohan already defeated a main villain, Cell. Hell, Gohan also killed a movie main villain as well in the form of Bojack, as well as two of his minions in the form of Bujin and Bido
He also defeated Garlic Jr. :thumbup:

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Also, Vegeta. Kind of.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Does anyone remember where on tv the first BOG trailer proper aired on tv in Japan?
I want to say it was during OP Sunday morning.
Trying to guess a time for 「F」's first one.

Just wondering, we're a week away from the time of year when the first real trailer appears, typically.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Let's be serious, my friends.... The BOG was the best DBZ movie, but still far worse that it could have been. I actually liked the movie, but it has some weak points too: the God of Destruction and Super Saiyan God, also the part of Pilaf gang to be too long... I liked the atmosphere of if, it was just like the old DB anime.

For the new movie... I'm not satisfied that Frieza will be the main villain again, but I don't want to judge the story till I don't see a trailer of it, at least. The film could have worked way better with a brand new villain instead of Frieza, but let it be, if Toriyama wants him. For me it doesn't mean a guarantee that Torishima praised Toriyama for this.. Just like Toriyama he is also getting older, not to mention that every people have different tastes.
Last edited by Low Tone G on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Chuquita wrote:Does anyone remember where on tv the first BOG trailer proper aired on tv in Japan?

Just wondering, we're a week away from the time of year when the first real trailer appears, typically.
Fuji TV aired it on Friday or Saturday morning 07 December 2012.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Chuquita wrote:Does anyone remember where on tv the first BOG trailer proper aired on tv in Japan?

I'm also very eager for the first trailer, maybe I will be surprised.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...