Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GeeRod
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by GeeRod » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:04 am

VeteranX wrote:When I joined this community I expected to have a good time having discussions with fellow "fans" of the series but all this sourness is making me doubt this. Never knew a form/power up,characters(possibly not making it in) will make it "shitty".

I'm still hyped up for this movie and hope everyone at Japan has a good time watching it! :thumbup:
This so much. This thread seems full of hate and sour.
English is not my main language. Sorry if I make a mistake.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:05 am

VeteranX wrote:When I joined this community I expected to have a good time having discussions with fellow "fans" of the series but all this sourness is making me doubt this. Never knew a form/power up,characters(possibly not making it in) will make it "shitty".

I'm still hyped up for this movie and hope everyone at Japan has a good time watching it! :thumbup:
Don't worry just ignore the pessimists, they want to bring everyone down with them. The movie should be fun though because everyone who has seen the script said it was awesome.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:05 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:Agreed. I'm off to the preview in just a few hours, and nothing sours my mood so much as having to deal with this kind of negativity (to say nothing of immaturity). Even if you have something to criticize, you can do it in a considerate and constructive fashion without resorting to hyperbole or petty name calling.

This hardly goes for everyone, of course, but some of the posts I've been seeing are also (perhaps deliberately) skirting the edges of homophobia and/or racism, which is entirely disgusting and has no place in this community. It reflects poorly on all of us. If that's how you (that's "you" in the general sense, not Kei) want to operate, then I kindly suggest you find somewhere else to do so before we show you the door.

Please — and I say this for everyone's benefit — don't make the last thing I do before I leave the house this afternoon be handing out account strikes.
Don't worry i'm sure once you start watching and enjoying the move you'll forget all about this crap.
Linda Young 4 lyfe

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:07 am

People have different opinions get over it

No need to love everything DB related just because Toriyama made it

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:08 am

GeeRod wrote:

This so much. This thread seems full of hate and sour.
'
First the animations, then the angels(my gripe), then the new golden Frieza form(also my gripe), and now the blue Super Saiyan forms(which I honestly have nothing to say about). The hate is strong.
Saiyan007 wrote:People have different opinions get over it

:clap: GIVE THIS GUY A MEDAL!!
Last edited by EXBadguy on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:08 am

Love it if it's good. Hate it if it's bad. :thumbup:
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:10 am

Chuquita wrote:
Big Momma wrote: I'm with you, Chu. Really hoping this blue-haired Goku biz isn't a new form. Give Vegeta his blue SSJG, sure. But Goku should be done with transformations, IMO.
I have a quote on why ssjg isn't blue, but red because red is a stronger color too from Toriyama. Give me a second to find it.
Yeah, I could've swore he said that. which makes this blue thing all the more perplexing even by Toriyama standards
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:10 am

I wonder what Toriyama would think if he saw this war going on right now about the color blue. He'd probably not give a shit.

Rest in peace.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:10 am

That blue looks great for Vegeta.

GeeRod
Beyond Newbie

Post by GeeRod » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:13 am

Saiyan007 wrote:People have different opinions get over it

Saying that Toriyama is a lazy shit is disrespectful. Not everyone will enjoy this movie, but at least you can discuss not offending the creator or the series.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:13 am

What gave A.T. the right to create a design to his liking for a story he created. Shame on him! What gave him the idea to elaborate on his creation? He should listen to every fan and give them exactly what they want instead of telling his own story how he wants to tell it. So frustrating!

"You get the sarcasm? Because I'm laying on pretty thick."
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:13 am

I think he would go with the logic of putting a color that doesn't "look very strong", like blue, on the strongest form yet. Seems very Toriyama-esque
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Take SSJ Goku, change his clothes, change his voice, and people would buy it's a new character. Do that for something like SSJ God and everyone will think it's Goku. I wouldn't be surprised if most people thought Goten was Kid Goku when he came around. Golden Freeza is the only one who could plausibly pass as a new character design. I say this cause honestly a transformation should feel like...a transformation.
We call Super Saiyan God a transformation because it's easy to understand that way, but that's not exactly what it is. It is the result of a Saiyan tapping into the godly ki, and it has some effects on their physical form. That's why I think the simplistic design of Super Saiyan God works so well. A similar thing could be said about the regular Super Saiyan phases. These aren't "transformations" in the same vein of the Oozaru, Zarbon, or Freeza. You don't become a different person, but rather the way your ki works changes. Sometimes the physical effects are drastic (Super Saiyan 3), and sometimes they're not.

That being said, we know nothing about this new "form". Again, transformation might not be the right way to describe it. Perhaps it is just the physical result/side effect of full mastery/synchronization of godly ki.

On a side note, I'm not sure why everyone expects Vegeta's Super Saiyan God transformation to be a different color than Goku's. I don't see why that would be the case other than the fact that a lot of fan art has depicted him as blue...

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:15 am

So, er, I went to uni for a few hours and in that time this thread has blown up even more than it had when I left. Is it worth going back and reading the last 17+ pages?

Tennessaiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tennessaiyan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:16 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:So, er, I went to uni for a few hours and in that time this thread has blown up even more than it had when I left. Is it worth going back and reading the last 17+ pages?
Nope XD
mogi67 wrote:I kind of view Dragon Ball the same way I view mythology. It can be convoluted, contradictory, but always a treasure.

VeteranX

Post by VeteranX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:16 am

Big Momma wrote:

Welcome to the forums, dude. Thankfully, most of the sourness is only within this thread. :D
Thanks I'll try :thumbup: I will make most to enjoy these forums.
Favorite characters: Goku,Vegeta,Future Trunks

On my way to collect all the dragon balls!

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:17 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:So, er, I went to uni for a few hours and in that time this thread has blown up even more than it had when I left. Is it worth going back and reading the last 17+ pages?
Well, it's mostly arguing...
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:17 am

No. You're better off ignoring mostly everything until the movie drops to be honest with you.

Rest in peace.

GeeRod
Beyond Newbie

Post by GeeRod » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:18 am

Definitely not.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:18 am

Everyone in this thread needs to straighten up, ASAP! We expect everyone here to be super shōnen, at all times, and I'm certainly disappointed we're not seeing that right now. For the last time, please be respectful to your fellow fans and members of this community. We have no qualms with considerate, respectful, and lively discussion, but resorting to hyperbole or petty name calling is unacceptable. Knock it off, now!
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::