Full color comics going out of print in Japan?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rey2187

Full color comics going out of print in Japan?

Post by rey2187 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:35 pm

I looked to see if this was already being talked about and couldn't find anything, but if I'm mistaken feel free to close this thread. I've been considering importing the "Full Color" versions of the manga from Japan and I've noticed that some of the "Android and Cell" arc volumes are no long in stock on amazon.jp except for third party sellers and I can't even find either volume on cdjapan.co.jp. I know the pre-Z volumes are in the midst of production now but I'm concerned the older volumes will be going out of print now. Anyone know anything about this?

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Full color comics going out of print in Japan?

Post by Hujio » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:04 am

I'd imagine that at some point they will be back in stock on Amazon, as I highly doubt they're out of print, but just haven't been restocked yet. It does happen every once in a while, especially after a release has been in publication for a while. They aren't printing new editions on a regular basis at this point, only when necessary. If you hold tight for a bit, they'll hopefully be listed again soon.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

rey2187

Post by rey2187 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:07 pm

OK, that's a relief. Looks like I'll be playing the waiting game though, haha. Thanks for the response!!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 pm

Yeah, this would certainly be an odd time to discontinue them. Now that they're finally printing material before the Saiyan Arc to complete the series, they have even more potential customers who may have been holding out until the full series would be confirmed for release. Shueisha likely wants to push for every sale they can possibly get. So like Hujio said, I imagine they'll pop up into stock again soonish.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)