The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Galan007
Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Galan007 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Herms wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:Since the "debate" with the same guy popped back up again, I would like it.

Alrighty, so English translation:
Merging With Vegeta!
After Goku and Vegeta use a merging item to merge, they become Vegetto! They can furthermore become a Super Saiyan, making them Super Vegetto! After the two strongest people merge, they become the greatest master in the universe! Perhaps even stronger than Super Saiyan 4!

[Big blue text at bottom] Use the power of justice to eliminate evil!
Chinese version typed up, if you want it:
跟達爾合體!
悟空跟達爾用合體器合體之後,變成了達洛特!還可以變成超級賽亞人,那就是超級達洛特!
最強的兩個人合體之後,變成宇宙第一高手啊!說不定比超級賽亞人4還要強!

用正義的力量消滅邪惡!
What is the source of that excerpt? Should it be regarded of equal canonicity as the manga or Daizenshuu?

Secondly, does it imply that BASE Vegetto=/>SSJ4?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Galan007 wrote: Secondly, does it imply that BASE Vegetto=/>SSJ4?
Nah, it's just speaking of Vegetto in general.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Galan007 wrote:What is the source of that excerpt? Should it be regarded of equal canonicity as the manga or Daizenshuu?
It's from the Chinese edition of the anime comics version of the GT special (the thing with Goku Junior). Apparently there's some sort of bonus section showcasing Goku's various forms throughout the series, and this is the entry for Vegetto.

I don't own the book myself, and have only seen this scan of the Chinese translation and not the Japanese original. Assuming it's all legit, I suppose it would fall into the same general category as the daizenshuu, since it's supplemental material published by Shueisha. I guess the main thing to weigh it against is the GT series itself. It's also got that classic non-committal "perhaps it's like this" thing the guides do sometimes, so there's a built-in degree of uncertainty.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:52 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Nah, it's just speaking of Vegetto in general.
Herms wrote:It's from the Chinese edition of the anime comics version of the GT special (the thing with Goku Junior). Apparently there's some sort of bonus section showcasing Goku's various forms throughout the series, and this is the entry for Vegetto.

I don't own the book myself, and have only seen this scan of the Chinese translation and not the Japanese original. Assuming it's all legit, I suppose it would fall into the same general category as the daizenshuu, since it's supplemental material published by Shueisha. I guess the main thing to weigh it against is the GT series itself. It's also got that classic non-committal "perhaps it's like this" thing the guides do sometimes, so there's a built-in degree of uncertainty.
Thanks, guys! :thumbup:

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:57 pm

I once came across a translated page that broke down the 'stages' of Super Saiyan. I could have sworn the page implied/stated that the raw power output of a 'Grade 3' SSJ(ie. USSJ) was superior to that of a SSJ2. I might be totally misremembering here(it's been a long time since I saw the page), but if it does exist a translated link would be much appreciated.

Thank you. :)

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:16 pm

USSJ > SSJ2
xmysticgohanx wrote:
Regarder wrote:Has anyone used the amount of times someone appears who can stomp the last strongest person x the minimum estimated % needed to overwhelmingly stomp someone yet for lists yet? (I'm not going through the whole thread)

This method is probably the most conservative low ball powerlevel estimation method possible, since IIRC the minimum established power level difference to be overwhelmingly better than someone is pretty low. IIRC it was 25% (Zarbon vs Vegeta? I need to go and check).
lowest is 1.33 x. The ones lower than that are contradicted by Beerus vs Goku which is the most recent fight. It's from KKx2 Goku vs Vegeta and other fights I don't remember. Btw using that number, USSJ is 119x and ASSJ is 67x because SSJ Vegeta = semi perfect Cell > ASSJ Vegeta > perfect Cell suppressed > USSJ Trunks. So basically 120x and 65x

(instead of using ">" as meaning a win, I'm using it as a stomp)
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:57 am

I know essentially what Enma says in here from the Viz translation, that he's glad he kept Vegeta's spirit around, and that he gave him a body, but I was wondering exactly what was said.

Thanks.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:52 pm

I was curious about this line from the Strength Checker:
Chapter: 198 (DBZ 4), P3.3
Raditz: “It’s pointless to even think of opposing me! With your incomplete battle power, you couldn't possibly be a match for me, your older brother.”
I don't have a scan to post, but I was hoping that someone could tell me what is meant by "incomplete" here. Given the context, I'd guess it just means "inferior," but that seems like an odd way of phrasing it. Any particular reason why it was used or translated this way?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I was curious about this line from the Strength Checker:
Raditz: “It’s pointless to even think of opposing me! With your incomplete battle power, you couldn't possibly be a match for me, your older brother.”
I don't have a scan to post, but I was hoping that someone could tell me what is meant by "incomplete" here. Given the context, I'd guess it just means "inferior," but that seems like an odd way of phrasing it. Any particular reason why it was used or translated this way?
I always took it as Goku not having reached his projected battle power fx

A Saiyan born with a bp of 2 is expected to reach a bp of 500 in adulthood.
A Saiyan born with a bp of 50 is expected to reach a bp of 12,500 in adulthood.

So Goku simply hadn't reached the bp expected of him.

Herms

Post by Herms » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:51 am

Darkprince410 wrote:Image

I know essentially what Enma says in here from the Viz translation, that he's glad he kept Vegeta's spirit around, and that he gave him a body, but I was wondering exactly what was said.
Not really much to add: "It's a good thing I left his spirit as-is, just in case...And gave him a body too...Please help us out..." Then he tells Uranai Baba to take him to Earth, pronto. That's "body" as in a physical body specifically, a flesh-and-blood body.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I was curious about this line from the Strength Checker:
The word in question is 未完成/mikansei, "incomplete, unfinished". I don't think it's entirely clear, but probably the general idea is that Goku hasn't reached his full potential. If I remember right, the Viz translation says something about Goku lacking proper training, which is a little loose but I think gets at the same concept.

Like dbgtFO said, it might also tie into the idea of Saiyans having their potential measured at birth. Goku's expected to reach a certain level, but he hasn't yet, so his battle power is "incomplete". It probably goes along with the idea that Saiyans of a certain potential will eventually hit a wall and not be able to get any stronger (making their battle power "complete", in a sense). The thing the main characters do where they endlessly get stronger and stronger is the exception rather than the rule. That's my take on it anyway.

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:44 pm

Can someone translate these dialog boxes please? I would really appreciate it, Thanks.

ImageImageImage

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:22 am

Could someone translate for me what is written in this box from DBAF vol. 1?
Just what is written on the right, not the bold writings...

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:37 pm

I'm not sure if y'all translate fanart...

If you guys do can y'all please translate the three sayings around Goten and Gohan?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:57 pm

It just (oddly) says "Son Goten" and "Son Gohan" in hiragana with the top saying "minna genki ka?" ("Everyone happy/OK?").

I don't know why, but that's that.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:53 pm

Where's Herms? There is timeline material to be translated. lol

http://dbx.bngames.net/world/
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:13 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Where's Herms? There is timeline material to be translated. lol

http://dbx.bngames.net/world/
It says the "world of the future" (Age 850) is the world the player character is summoned to. Toki-Toki City is the story's starting point; lots of warriors (including the player) live there, and it's got the time vault where Kaioshin of Time lives. Pretty sure the rest is all stuff we know already. The Kaioshin of Time is...the Kaioshin who governs time, and is 75 million years old. Toki-Toki is a mysterious bird, said to create time. Trunks is under orders from the Kaioshin of Time to travel to various time periods throughout DB. The player travels through time as part of the Time Patrol to fix changes to history. Somewhat oddly, it says Towa and Mira are collecting "kiri" via history-breaking.

So it looks like Xenoverse is using Age 850 as the future setting instead of DB Online's Age 1000. I suppose because it's 100 years after the start of the series, rounding up a bit (Age 749).

valfranx
Beyond Newbie

Post by valfranx » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:36 pm

What does this say?

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:09 am

Which Piccolo line is Furukawa saying in this video?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:38 am

I know this is in the Strength Checker, so I'm not looking for a translation, but another just total write-up of Gohan's text on the matter. I'm in the middle of a debate with someone that doesn't believe Herms' translation over Viz's translation, when the two differ greatly enough to change events around. Herms' translation indicated that neither Goku nor Gohan would need to transform, whereas he's claiming the Viz translation is suggesting that just Goku wouldn't need to transform (and that Gohan still would).

As such, I could use a write-up of the original text in Japanese for outside source translation.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:30 pm

Giving the context of the scene, it wouldn't make any sense for Gohan to still transform because Yakon would just feed on any SSJ's light and power.