Was Thin Buu supposed to be dark-skinned?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Terra-jin
Regular

Was Thin Buu supposed to be dark-skinned?

Post by Terra-jin » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:24 pm

Since the anime has taken a few liberties with coloring, I was wondering if it was Toriyama's idea to make Thin Buu dark-skinned or TOEI's. Is there any indication to this? Thin Buu only lasted two chapters at best, so I'm not sure if there's any colored original work from Toriyama himself that would settle the matter.

Oh and happy new year's of course :D
It's all GOOD

Fox666
I Live Here

Re: Was Thin Buu supposed to be dark-skinned?

Post by Fox666 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:35 pm

In the manga he is pink, I will post some images...

Edit: This is the best I could find

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:05 pm

From what book is that picture?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:14 pm

She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:16 pm

Jaetinh wrote:From what book is that picture?
Daizenshuu #4. Herms said that some manga-based Carddass cards also colored this Boo pink. Toriyama's never said anything on the subject, so these two things are all we have to go on.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:17 pm

Interesting, I had a hunch that Thin Buu should be pink. That makes him more easily recognizable as basically the same person(ality) as Super Buu. Thanks for the quick response :)
It's all GOOD

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:19 pm

Pretty cool seeing Evil Buu pink, but I do like the grey skin color more.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Codarik wrote:Pretty cool seeing Evil Buu pink, but I do like the grey skin color more.
So do I, since it really shows the difference between the two.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:03 pm

I would have kinda liked it if in the anime Good Boo were white and Pure Evil Boo were red...you know, since they're the result of a pink guy splitting in two. Also, this way there'd be some visual difference between the original, Innocent Boo that fights Vegeta and SSj3 Goku, and the Good Boo who goes on to become Mister Boo.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:19 pm

Herms wrote:I would have kinda liked it if in the anime Good Boo were white and Pure Evil Boo were red...you know, since they're the result of a pink guy splitting in two. Also, this way there'd be some visual difference between the original, Innocent Boo that fights Vegeta and SSj3 Goku, and the Good Boo who goes on to become Mister Boo.
That would have been KICK-ASS!! :shock:

Edit: Edited picture

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Fox666 wrote:
Herms wrote:I would have kinda liked it if in the anime Good Boo were white and Pure Evil Boo were red...you know, since they're the result of a pink guy splitting in two. Also, this way there'd be some visual difference between the original, Innocent Boo that fights Vegeta and SSj3 Goku, and the Good Boo who goes on to become Mister Boo.
That would have been KICK-ASS!! :shock:

Edit: Edited picture
I don't really like how it makes Good Boo like he's a ghost or something.

I prefer Skinny Boo grey, because it characterizes the fact that he's the embodiment of Majin Boo's evil and makes him different from the other Boos. If Skinny Boo was pink, it'd just make him look like Super Boo with the cape and stuff on. Plus, the pink Good Boo and the grey Skinny Boo merging to make a pink, skinny Boo makes sense, because it's the skinniness of...skinny Boo and the pinkness of Good Boo. God, I hate having to tiptoe around using "Evil Boo" in case I confuse people...
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:03 pm

Super Buu body is the average of both bodies, he is nowhere as thin as the evil part... =P

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:31 pm

Fox666 wrote:Super Buu body is the average of both bodies, he is nowhere as thin as the evil part... =P
Well, he's not as fat as Good Boo. He's a bit skinny nonetheless.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Fox666 wrote:Super Buu body is the average of both bodies, he is nowhere as thin as the evil part... =P
Well since Super Buu's evil side is in control(skinny Buu) it makes sense that he is more skinny than fat.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:39 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Well since Super Buu's evil side is in control(skinny Buu) it makes sense that he is more skinny than fat.
Yeah, that's exactly my point.