Speculation: Dende's Power Level

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: Speculation: Dende's Power Level

Post by Herms » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:51 pm

Thinking about it more, I'd say in Pokemon terms he's someone with decent stats but who only knows Flail or something useless like that. And Fly, of course, but he can only use it on the field and not in battle. I don't think he's completely helpless, but I can believe that he could put up less of a fight than a trained fighter with a BP of 100 or lower, even though his actual BP might be way higher. I'm not going to full-on commit to that idea, or any specific BP for him, but I at least don't think it's completely absurd to consider that Satan might beat him in a fight, despite his mad flying skills.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:08 am

I've never seen Dende threw a single punch in the entire series. He's not a fighter, and will never be.

Even if Piccolo fused with Dende, I don't think his power would increase that much at all.

In GT however, he played a role in getting Goku out of Hell.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:45 am

Herms wrote:It's a bit hasty to say what the "average" BP on Namek was, with the few examples we get.

I think this whole topic just demonstrates again the problem with getting hung up on BP numbers and treating characters with the same or similar numbers as interchangeable. The way I see it, if a character doesn't know how to fight, then they won't be able to fight, no matter what number pops up when you point a scouter at him. Dende presumably has a physically strong body by nature, but I think that would just result in weird situations where his opponent can't physically hurt him while he's unable to fight back.
I'm guessing you mean within reason, right?

Even if they've never thrown a punch in their life, someone with a BP of 10,000 would still be able to effortlessly obliterate, say, start of Dragon Ball Gokuu.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:59 am

He should be weak enough to be deemed useless for goku due to his passive nature. So, he must be below the level of raditz, but seeing he was a namekian, and potential unlocked as well, he must be above avg human. My guess is in range of 100s.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza