How to calculate Super Saiyan Transformation

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

How to calculate Super Saiyan Transformation

Post by Black_Liger » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:09 pm

I suck at math, but how do you calculated super saiyan transformations? There's the theory that Super Saiyan is 50 times stronger than base for, SSJ2 is 50 times stronger than Super Saiyan and SSJ3 Is 50 times stronger than SSJ2. Is that true? that would mean the power scaling is unbelievable!. Also I've read somewhere that, using just numbers. SSJ = 50, SSJ2 100, SSJ3 400, which one is correct?
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Godo
I Live Here

Re: How to calculate Super Saiyan Transformation

Post by Godo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:11 pm

The latter ones are according to the Super Exciting Guide and (most often) the accepted ones.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Godo wrote:The latter ones are according to the Super Exciting Guide and (most often) the accepted ones.
Man that makes the Super Saiyan 3 freaking deadly. and to think Goku just added more to their power with SSJG power D:

So just at with a non mastered SSJ3 while being alive and no god mode. Ge is 400x stronger than base form, that's crazy.

Do you have the article of the guide which covers this?

EDIT

Just found it on the site, thank you :P
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:18 pm

SSJ1 - X50

SSJ2 - X100

SSJ3 - X400

SSJG - Unknown

SSJ4 - Unknown (Commonly accepted as X4000)
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:04 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:SSJ1 - X50

SSJ2 - X100

SSJ3 - X400

SSJG - Unknown

SSJ4 - Unknown (Commonly accepted as X4000)
This except I wouldn't say SS4 is commonly accepted as x4000. I remember a bunch of people complaining about that number being used in the death battle and highly debated even before that.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 am

I saw the X4000 from the Deathbattle and as I've said, I either deny or accept it based on where they got that from.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:22 am

There's no real source for it or anything. It's just taking Super Saiyan 3's 400x power boost and mixing it with Oozaru's 10x.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:25 am

Yep...SSJ4 and SSJ God have no specif answers yet. Though we do know SSJ God has a multiplier as Toriyama said strength would vary depending on the Saiyan.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:29 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Yep...SSJ4 and SSJ God have no specif answers yet. Though we do know SSJ God has a multiplier as Toriyama said strength would vary depending on the Saiyan.
I think SSJG is too flexible to nail down. We saw the first SSJG get whooped by a Oozaru so its gotta be something along the lines of the Saiyan who receives the form's power plus the Saiyans who were in the ritual.

So for more its entirely depended on whos involved in the ritual.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:56 am

Kaboom wrote:There's no real source for it or anything. It's just taking Super Saiyan 3's 400x power boost and mixing it with Oozaru's 10x.
Specifically, it's because Baby is helpless against Super Saiyan 4 Goku, becomes a Golden Oozaru, and then fights equally with Goku. So if the x10 thing for Oozaru still applies to Baby, then presumably the difference between SSj3 and SSj4 should be at least x10. Probably a lot more really, since Baby was already much stronger than SSj3 Goku.

So it's a total crapshoot, but we threw it out there because the Death Battle people wanted something they could use.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:57 am

Yeah, that makes sense. I've thought about it that way before too, but was really just trying to cite how the 4000 number was made up, and less about why.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:04 am

Kaboom wrote:Yeah, that makes sense. I've thought about it that way before too, but was really just trying to cite how the 4000 number was made up, and less about why.
I ask because Kanzenshuu was one of the sites Screwattack consulted for the deathbattle so I was wondering if they got the X4000 from someone on here.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:06 am

Well, it doesn't have much affect on the death battle either way. Goku would have lost even if they used the 40,000x multiplier.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:17 am

Depending on how strong GT Goku is compared to Z Goku, and how strong base Vegetto is compared to SS3 Goku & U. Gohan, we can have an estimation from there, since Super Vegetto >= SS4 Goku.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Hearts

Post by Hearts » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 am

Black_Liger wrote:I suck at math, but how do you calculated super saiyan transformations? There's the theory that Super Saiyan is 50 times stronger than base for, SSJ2 is 50 times stronger than Super Saiyan and SSJ3 Is 50 times stronger than SSJ2. Is that true? that would mean the power scaling is unbelievable!. Also I've read somewhere that, using just numbers. SSJ = 50, SSJ2 100, SSJ3 400, which one is correct?
SSJ = 50x stronger than base
SSJ 2 = 2x stronger than SSJ (100x stronger than base)
SSJ 3 = 4x stronger than SSJ 2 (400x stronger than base)

Why did no one correct him!

And personally i like thos numbers, i dont see anything wrong with them but most people put SSJ 2 at 5x or 10x SSJ 1.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:07 am

Hearts wrote:Why did no one correct him!

What do you mean? The first responses in the thread explained it.

Herms wrote:
Kaboom wrote:There's no real source for it or anything. It's just taking Super Saiyan 3's 400x power boost and mixing it with Oozaru's 10x.
Specifically, it's because Baby is helpless against Super Saiyan 4 Goku, becomes a Golden Oozaru, and then fights equally with Goku. So if the x10 thing for Oozaru still applies to Baby, then presumably the difference between SSj3 and SSj4 should be at least x10. Probably a lot more really, since Baby was already much stronger than SSj3 Goku.

So it's a total crapshoot, but we threw it out there because the Death Battle people wanted something they could use.
Yep not enough evidence to get a solid number. You could make it work if you assume that Baby's power dropped from getting smacked around or if he didn't get the 10x multiplier because of the method he used. But then we're just guessing. We don't really even know if Goku got a different boost for Oozaru since he has SS and used the Earth to transform. Maybe he actually got a gigantic boost, and then Baby lost a bunch of power from getting smacked around, but then also got a gigantic boost because of the machine blasting the waves directly into him.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:51 am

Hearts wrote:
Black_Liger wrote:I suck at math, but how do you calculated super saiyan transformations? There's the theory that Super Saiyan is 50 times stronger than base for, SSJ2 is 50 times stronger than Super Saiyan and SSJ3 Is 50 times stronger than SSJ2. Is that true? that would mean the power scaling is unbelievable!. Also I've read somewhere that, using just numbers. SSJ = 50, SSJ2 100, SSJ3 400, which one is correct?
SSJ = 50x stronger than base
SSJ 2 = 2x stronger than SSJ (100x stronger than base)
SSJ 3 = 4x stronger than SSJ 2 (400x stronger than base)

Why did no one correct him!

And personally i like thos numbers, i dont see anything wrong with them but most people put SSJ 2 at 5x or 10x SSJ 1.
The OP mentioned that he had, apart from the 50x the previous Ssj form that he had heard before, that he had also heard that Ssj2 was 2x Ssj and Ssj3 was 4x Ssj2, and Godo replied in the first response that the Super Exciting Guide basically confirmed that the secondary set of multipliers were the correct ones.
Herms wrote:

That could be argued though that Goku dished out a decent amount of damage to Baby Vegeta by the time that he was transformed into an Oozaru, so it could be a ten fold increase from his weakened battle power, and not being ten times stronger than the same Baby Vegeta that beat up on Ssj3 Goku earlier on.

Hearts

Post by Hearts » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:19 am

dario03 wrote: What do you mean? The first responses in the thread explained it.
All i can say is.. woops :P Missed that part, somehow..

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:58 pm

I hate SSJ4 with a Passion, it should have a negative 100 multiplier. :problem:

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:25 am

Zantetsuken wrote:I hate SSJ4 with a Passion, it should have a negative 100 multiplier. :problem:
Why exactly do you hate the form? I find it to be the best form and my favorite form in general.