In GT canon, are there 2 possible Super Saiyan 4 forms?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

In GT canon, are there 2 possible Super Saiyan 4 forms?

Post by Bacon Skittles » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:25 am

<deleted>
Last edited by Bacon Skittles on Sun May 23, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tectorman
Regular

Re: In GT canon, are there 2 possible Super Saiyan 4 forms?

Post by Tectorman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:50 am

I think the closest we can find is what Baby tried to force Vegeta's body into becoming. He surpassed Goku 's initial SSJ3 and the tailed, power-corrected later version. One could argue that Baby had forcibly unlocked further transformations in Vegeta's body, taking him to and past SSJ3. Of course, once the Blutz waves hit, it becomes a non-issue, as Baby Vegeta is now progressing on the same "Super Oozaru" transformation track that Goku was on with SSJ4.

Not that I think we're supposed to take it that way.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:09 am

Bacon Skittles wrote:So from what I understand Super Saiyan 3 was a forced transformation.
What's a "forced transformation" mean?

Anyway, within the series the "Super Saiyan 2/3/4" naming scheme is just something Goku and the other characters coin for convenience's sake. The boundaries between different forms is probably a lot more fluid than the view of things we've absorbed from countless video games. There's probably lots of variants you can play around with, and anything that could produce a new form stronger than the one Goku happened to label "Super Saiyan 3" could justifiably be called "Super Saiyan 4. Even in the GT series itself, it seems like the Elder Kaioshin doesn't actually have much of a clue what form Goku will take when he masters his dormant power, and is just ready to slap the "Super Saiyan 4" label on the first successful result.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:16 pm

I'm guessing it's just a thing with the characters and that the terms come from convenience.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:14 pm

I've always reasoned that the Golden Oozaru form was somewhat like a natural progression of Super Saiyan 3 considering that SS3 itself does kind of look like it's supposed to head in that direction from a design perspective. Given the fact that Super Saiyan 4 is basically the humanoid form of that, I sort of figured that was the reason for the name.

It's not much more than headcanon, really, but the explanation works for me.