So are the 2 latest movies

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shonenhikada
Banned

So are the 2 latest movies

Post by shonenhikada » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:02 pm

A parallel alternate universe, starting from the end of the majin buu saga. Because, Goku and Vegeta are too damn strong at this point for the ending in the manga. i.e. Goku in base having trouble with kid buu.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: So are the 2 latest movies

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:07 pm

That's not Kid Buu.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Marco Polo wrote:That's not Kid Buu.
Well Uub was said to be as strong as kid buu. Just giving reference of power there.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:27 pm

shonenhikada wrote:
Well Uub was said to be as strong as kid buu. Just giving reference of power there.
We don't know if Goku was having trouble per-say. Goku could have just suppressed himself to a level where he could fight Oob without destroying him. Don't forget that characters like Freeza have been dealt damage by characters much weaker than them because they were suppressed. The new manga chapter of Revival of F also has Whis commenting on Goku being hurt by a light tap from Goku because Goku lowered his Ki.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Hitiro wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:
We don't know if Goku was having trouble per-say. Goku could have just suppressed himself to a level where he could fight Oob without destroying him. Don't forget that characters like Freeza have been dealt damage by characters much weaker than them because they were suppressed. The new manga chapter of Revival of F also has Whis commenting on Goku being hurt by a light tap from Goku because Goku lowered his Ki.
What ?

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:42 pm

shonenhikada wrote:What ?
Sorry, wasn't thinking when I wrote this. In the 2nd chapter of Revival of F. Whis does a light tap on Goku. Goku is in agony after this tap and Whis goes on to say about his Ki and defences. Because at the time Goku had suppressed himself.

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:46 pm

shonenhikada wrote:A parallel alternate universe, starting from the end of the majin buu saga. Because, Goku and Vegeta are too damn strong at this point for the ending in the manga. i.e. Goku in base having trouble with kid buu.
First, you cant just use new movies to compere them with manga in every situation...As far as we know there could be another movie where Goku looses his god powers and same for Vegeta,,,one of the reasons why he would be exited to fight Oob...

Btw i belive that Oob in tournament isnt even strong as Kid boo, but Goku did see that and so he decided to leave the tournament and train him..

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Super Vegetto wrote:Btw i belive that Oob in tournament isnt even strong as Kid boo, but Goku did see that and so he decided to leave the tournament and train him..
Exactly. Uub has the potential to be much stronger than Kid Buu. Goku thought he might see a trained warrior at the tournament. Instead, he met a young, untrained kid. But he decided to train him because he knew he had a great potential.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:31 pm

I really don't see how Goku's fight against Uub contradicts anything. Goku is in his base form and not fighting all out. For the same reason nobody doubts SSJ transformations, we shouldn't be casting SSJ God transformations into doubt. He's using neither when he fought Uub, so who cares how much stronger SSJ God is compared to SSJ3?.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:00 pm

shonenhikada wrote:A parallel alternate universe, starting from the end of the majin buu saga. Because, Goku and Vegeta are too damn strong at this point for the ending in the manga. i.e. Goku in base having trouble with kid buu.
Him "having trouble" with Uub is like saying that Cell had trouble fighting Goku during their Cell Games match, when it was revealed later that he was still holding back a good bit of power. There's no indication he was giving it his all against Uub at all, and instead was just testing Uub's strength to see what he was capable of.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:51 pm

Dayspring wrote:I really don't see how Goku's fight against Uub contradicts anything. Goku is in his base form and not fighting all out. For the same reason nobody doubts SSJ transformations, we shouldn't be casting SSJ God transformations into doubt. He's using neither when he fought Uub, so who cares how much stronger SSJ God is compared to SSJ3?.
He considered Uub strong and was excited to fight him. Goku only get excited at fighting strong opponents (close in power to him or stronger).

LOL.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Goku knows Uub is strong in the inside and wants him to be his student. Goku was happy for the longest time for having someone that he can go off and teach with. That's why he is so happy after the end of DBZ.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:03 pm

There's been no statement about them being set in a parallel alternate universe or anything like that, and they arguably contradict the pre-Boo material at least as much as they contradict the post-Boo stuff. Basically, Toriyama contradicts himself because he's Toriyama.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:16 am

Super Vegetto wrote:
First, you cant just use new movies to compere them with manga in every situation...As far as we know there could be another movie where Goku looses his god powers and same for Vegeta,,,one of the reasons why he would be exited to fight Oob...
Lol. This is exactly what some people are doing with GT since the release of BoG.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:25 am

Mystic Tien wrote:Lol. This is exactly what some people are doing with GT since the release of BoG.
To be fair, it is more like people who are fans of GT are either disagreeing with the new movies because it can debunk the whole GT continuity or they are making up their own head-cannon to justify the movies into the GT continuity.

So it's either they are actively dismissing the movies and putting them into a separate universe to justify having the GT continuity or they are actively trying to rectify things like SSJGSSJ by saying Goku mastered it by the time of GT and is back to having golden hair.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:32 am

Hitiro wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:Lol. This is exactly what some people are doing with GT since the release of BoG.
To be fair, it is more like people who are fans of GT are either disagreeing with the new movies because it can debunk the whole GT continuity or they are making up their own head-cannon to justify the movies into the GT continuity.

So it's either they are actively dismissing the movies and putting them into a separate universe to justify having the GT continuity or they are actively trying to rectify things like SSJGSSJ by saying Goku mastered it by the time of GT and is back to having golden hair.
But Toei puts them in the same timeline. And so does Chosenshuu. It is more like me seeing that it makes no sense for BoG and GT be in the same timeline, so I say that they happen in different timelines... Toei is apparently of other opinion.

To be honest for me BoG also doesn't make much sense to be in the same continuity as Z :D But I don't care if it is in the same timeline as Z past Cell, or not.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:01 am

Mystic Tien wrote:But Toei puts them in the same timeline. And so does Chosenshuu. It is more like me seeing that it makes no sense for BoG and GT be in the same timeline, so I say that they happen in different timelines... Toei is apparently of other opinion.

To be honest for me BoG also doesn't make much sense to be in the same continuity as Z :D But I don't care if it is in the same timeline as Z past Cell, or not.
Toei may put them in the same timeline. But that may all change once DBS comes out. In my opinion these two new movies fit the timeline much better than GT does.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:24 am

Hitiro wrote:Toei may put them in the same timeline. But that may all change once DBS comes out. In my opinion these two new movies fit the timeline much better than GT does.
I don't see how GT doesn't fit DBZ timeline. And BoG and FnF already have a problem with Goku being excited to fight with Buu in the ending of DBZ, and all this thing with Frieza returning, as well as him being in some kind of hell in cocoon, moreover in his mecha form.
Marco Polo wrote:

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:55 am

Mystic Tien wrote:
Hitiro wrote:Toei may put them in the same timeline. But that may all change once DBS comes out. In my opinion these two new movies fit the timeline much better than GT does.
I don't see how GT doesn't fit DBZ timeline. And BoG and FnF already have a problem with Goku being excited to fight with Buu in the ending of DBZ, and all this thing with Freeza returning, as well as him being in some kind of hell in cocoon, moreover in his mecha form.
Because GT mucks around with a lot of concepts? Like the fact that Piccolo couldn't possibly bring the black star dragon balls because he is a warrior type. Not a dragon clan Namekian. The fact that Pilaf somehow know about these dragon balls when even Piccolo doesn't. Or Popo. The fact that in 20-30 years of Popo maintaining the lookout he never came across them? The fact that these dragon balls should have fallen to Earth when the lookout was smashed to bits during the Gotenks and Evil Boo fight? The fact that for 20-30 years these dragon balls have been active yet they have never been picked up on the dragon radar? If we're going to find problems within GT itself as well. How did Pilaf get past Karin? And how did he get to the lookout with mechs that can't even fly? There are a myriad of problems fitting GT to the DBZ timeline.

Of course Goku is going to be excited with fighting Oob. Because Oob has the potential to be incredibly strong. He probably thought Oob would have been stronger than he was. Because if you think about it. If Freeza never trained a day in his life and was as strong as he was in 4 months. Imagine what Oob, who is as strong as Pure Boo, would be like in 4 months of training?

Going by a simple scale:

Base Goku(Pre-BoG): 30-90(I'll put Base Goku at 30 mill to 90 mill giving a 25% gap either side as Beerus said he is weaker than Freeza in his base form.)
SSJ3 Goku 12,000-36,000
Chou Gohan: 24,000-72,000
Freeza(4 months): 144,000(I'll just put him above Gohan for now because it's hard to scale him against SBG Goku, but in 4 months if we use this number he had become 1,200x stronger than his previous self.)
Oob(4 months): 14,400,000-43,200,000 (Just using Freeza as a basis and making Oob's power increase the same amount over 4 months. Oob is vastly stronger than Goku. If we go by the FnF movie then if Freeza is rougly equal to SBG Goku. Oob should be around 100x-300x stronger than SBG Goku after 4 months of training if we go by these figures.)

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:42 pm

That chapter with uub was created around 2 decades before BOG and ROF showed up.So comparing the two will definitely bring lots of contradicting stuff.