Could golden frieza ever hurt Beerus?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Could golden frieza ever hurt Beerus?

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:42 pm

I mean yes he became amazingly strong in four months and was essentially stronger then Goku (who obtained godly ki. And Is supposley stronger then when he became a god). Could he ever hurt beerus even if he trained longer? Cause they say you need godly ki to hurt or kill a god. Can possibly anyone achieve godly power through training?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Could golden Freeza ever hurt Beerus?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:54 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:I mean yes he became amazingly strong in four months and was essentially stronger then Goku (who obtained godly ki. And Is supposley stronger then when he became a god). Could he ever hurt beerus even if he trained longer?
Yes, of course. Only reason he couldn't beat Goku was because he decided to jump into the battlefield the minute he acquired a new form instead of trying to refine and adapt to that transformation first.
Cause they say you need godly ki to hurt or kill a god.
If this was the case, Golden Frieza would not be able to hurt SSGSS Goku, who's exactly as strong or stronger than SSJG Goku, as you mentioned. It's also apparently implied in the movie that if Goku and Vegeta work together, they can beat Beerus.
Can possibly anyone achieve godly power through training?
Godly power? Yes. The special ki certain gods like Beerus possess? Probably not.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:06 pm

Golden Freeza could certainly do some damage to Beerus. If he had trained for longer and mastered his Golden Form, I'd reckon he would give Beerus quite a run for his money.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:14 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Golden Freeza could certainly do some damage to Beerus. If he had trained for longer and mastered his Golden Form, I'd reckon he would give Beerus quite a run for his money.
Even without godly ki

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:Cause they say you need godly ki to hurt or kill a god.
Didn't stop a Sinestro Corps ring from doing that to Goku :lol:. The DC crossover is upon us.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:27 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
If this was the case, Golden Freeza would not be able to hurt SSGSS Goku, who's exactly as strong or stronger than SSJG Goku, as you mentioned. It's also apparently implied in the movie that if Goku and Vegeta work together, they can beat Beerus.
Even if having the special "god" ki made you invulnerable to normal ki users, Golden Freeza could still hurt Goku. Resurrection F seems to imply that while Goku has the power of his godself from the last film, but he doesn't have and can't sense the special "god" ki because he can't sense Beerus or Whis. But we know the whole invulnerability thing isn't the case, because as you mentioned, Whis still thinks Goku and Vegeta can take down Beerus by working together.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Golden Freeza could certainly do some damage to Beerus. If he had trained for longer and mastered his Golden Form, I'd reckon he would give Beerus quite a run for his money.
Even without godly ki
Yes, even without Goldy Ki. Having Goldy Ki doesn't really make much of a difference as in BOG SSJ Vegeta made Beerus bleed from a few punches out of rage.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:45 am

Some fans say this, but it's based on basically nothing. Neither of the two new movies say or show anything like this. Instead, we see Beerus actually bother to dodge Super Saiyan 3 Goku's attacks in BoG, and in RoF we get the big explanation about Whis and Beerus having super-fancy dodging skills where individual parts of their body react as if they had minds of their own. This would all presumably be pointless if Beerus' ki made him automatically immune to attacks from non-gods.

The only thing explicitly stated about a gods' ki is that it can't be sensed. That's all.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:51 am

Herms wrote:The only thing explicitly stated about a gods' ki is that it can't be sensed. That's all.
They are most probably basing it on that line Beerus says, when he meets Vegeta:
"It would seem, that what you call ki, doesn't work on Gods."(paraphrased)

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:58 am

Golden Freeza with 2 more month of training>Beerus. Nuff said.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:22 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Herms wrote:The only thing explicitly stated about a gods' ki is that it can't be sensed. That's all.
They are most probably basing it on that line Beerus says, when he meets Vegeta:
"It would seem, that what you call ki, doesn't work on Gods."(paraphrased)
Of course the context of that scene makes it pretty clear he was talking about ki sensing. He said that after Vegeta just noticed him and was surprised that he was there, figuring he would have sensed him. He didn't say it after Vegeta attacked him and failed or anything.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:50 am

Only if he lets his guard down.

I don't know why people keep insisting that "why just train 4 months? Stay for a year and he could beat Whis!". Freeza explicitly says that it will take him 4 months to release ALL of his hidden potential. The final form Freeza we see in the movie is already at the most powerful he will ever be, without any help from transformations. So if Freeza trained anymore, he'd get ridiculously low increases or none at all. The only way he can get more powerful from this point is mastering his new transformation like Goku suggested or finding new ones, which I doubt is possible.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:02 am

Is the gap between a weakened Freeza and SSJGSSJ Goku bigger than the gap between a full powered Golden Freeza and a fully powered Beerus? That's the question that needs to be answered as Freeza was unable to do any damage to Goku with a huge punch to the face.

I'd reckon the gap isn't bigger as it was mentioned several times that if Goku and Vegeta teamed up they'd EASILY beat Freeza and it would take both of them just to fight evenly with Beerus according to Whis.

So I don't think he'd be able to damage him.

And to the people saying Freeza would be stronger if he trained more. Freeza said that 4 months is what it would take to release all of his potential meaning no matter how much more training he did it wouldn't help him get any stronger. Could he train so that his power doesn't drop in his golden form? Yes. But will he get any stronger? No.

Also to the people saying Goku and Vegeta could beat Beerus if they teamed up. The detailed summary says they could fight EVENLY with Beerus, not beat him. Now if the movie says something differently then surely I'm open to being corrected, but thus far I haven't seen anything like that.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:08 am

shonenhikada wrote:Golden Freeza with 2 more month of training>Beerus. Nuff said.
All two more months of training would have done is most likely reduce the stamina issues that Freeza's Golden Form has. Beerus would still defeat Golden Freeza.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:Golden Freeza with 2 more month of training>Beerus. Nuff said.
All two more months of training would have done is most likely reduce the stamina issues that Freeza's Golden Form has. Beerus would still defeat Golden Freeza.
Probably true.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:49 pm

If only Freeza did one extra day of push-ups. He could have crushed Beerus's skull like a grape under his foot before caving in Goku's skull with a light smack of his tail. Then he could smash Vegeta's rib cage, sending splinters into his lungs in the process, with a playful pink-belly.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:43 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:If only Freeza did one extra day of push-ups. He could have crushed Beerus's skull like a grape under his foot before caving in Goku's skull with a light smack of his tail. Then he could smash Vegeta's rib cage, sending splinters into his lungs in the process, with a playful pink-belly.
Nah, I don't think so. Freeza's Golden Form is pretty much the peak of race's potential. That, and "Platinum Freeza" and "Rhodium Freeza", don't really roll off the tongue.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Vibranium Coozer, the vibranium-enhanced fusion of Freezer and Cooler surely can.
Lord Beerus wrote: Nah, I don't think so. Freeza's Golden Form is pretty much the peak of race's potential. That, and "Platinum Freeza" and "Rhodium Freeza", don't really roll off the tongue.
And who says that? Freezer's entire power comes from being a mutant so this power could become even greater. Hell, he might even mutate even further and get even more strength boosts.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Herms wrote:
Some fans say this, but it's based on basically nothing. Neither of the two new movies say or show anything like this. Instead, we see Beerus actually bother to dodge Super Saiyan 3 Goku's attacks in BoG, and in RoF we get the big explanation about Whis and Beerus having super-fancy dodging skills where individual parts of their body react as if they had minds of their own. This would all presumably be pointless if Beerus' ki made him automatically immune to attacks from non-gods.

The only thing explicitly stated about a gods' ki is that it can't be sensed. That's all.
Considering how much Beerus towered over Goku in terms of power, I think his bothering to dodge was more to showoff and taunt Goku, rather than fear of any pain.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:39 am

singsing wrote:Considering how much Beerus towered over Goku in terms of power, I think his bothering to dodge was more to showoff and taunt Goku, rather than fear of any pain.
Maybe so, but again, the only thing supporting the idea that Beerus would be invincible against anyone without godly ki is his line to Vegeta, which as Polyphase Avatron said in context seems to refer merely to Vegeta not being able to sense his ki. If Beerus really had such complete protection against non-gods, you'd think this fact would be emphasized repeatedly, and clearly demonstrated in his fight scenes. Instead, Beerus' fight scenes never play out any differently than any previous "super strong but not automatically immune to all attacks"-type baddies. Even Kaio when warning Goku not to fight Beerus just hypes him up with the sort of "his strength's in a dimension all its own" talk that was used to hype up Super Saiyans and Freeza (both in the main series and RoF). He doesn't say "you will, by definition, be completely unable to harm Beerus in any way due to the fact that you are not a god" or anything along those lines.

Anyway, I'd be remiss if I didn't include Toriyama's note from Volume F:
Akira Toriyama’s Inside Story
What’s the relationship between Beerus and Freeza?
Even Freeza is no match for the God of Destruction Beerus, no matter what he does! Since they both destroy stuff, they got along reasonably well, but one time Freeza had his clock cleaned when he got carried away and made Beerus angry.
That "no matter what he does" bit almost sounds like it's supporting the "Beerus is invincible" idea (though again, if that's really what he were going for, you'd think it would be spelled out more than that). At any rate, I suppose we can take this as meaning Freeza wouldn't be able to surpass Beerus by training for another month/day/minute or two. For convenient plot reasons, Golden Freeza is apparently just about his max. It fits with Freeza's line at the start of the movie about training to unlock his "full potential", and Goku and Vegeta's explanation that if Freeza had trained more he would have gotten accustomed to his Golden form and therefore be able to maintain it longer (but not, apparently, be able to get a gazillion times stronger again).
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.