the majin race doesn't have genki

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

the majin race doesn't have genki

Post by dragonballer » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:44 pm

Chapter: 441 (DBZ 247), P4.4
Context: as Videl fights Spopovitch
Goku: “Like I thought, that Spopovitch guy is weird…He seems too fine, despite the fact that he should have taken so much damage, and I can’t sense any life from him…”
goku couldn't sense his life,not his ki.everyone there was ki sensor,but nobody noticed that,only goku,gohan even had no idea what his father was talking about. why? because he is a genki-dama user. genki=stamina=life,so don't they have stamina? no,they have better stamina,a different one.

normal life form's stamina = genki
majin race's stamina = magic or demon ki (i will call it majin ki)

the majin ki cannot be sensed.
Chapter: 476 (DBZ 282), P10.5-8, P11.1-3
Piccolo: “Goku…There’s something I want to ask you while I’ve got the chance…[ ] …That Super Saiyan 3 thing earlier…if you had gone all-out, wouldn’t you have been able to defeat Majin Boo?...How about it, am I wrong?”
Goku: “Nah, I don’t know…When it comes to Majin Boo’s strength, it’s like a lie…I think that I probably couldn’t have won…”
since they can't sense some of majin boo's ki,the power they sense is never accurate. after absorbing the kaioshins,boo might have some genki (since the original buu has better stamina),it works like this:

before: 50% majin ki + 50% rest of the ki

after: 30% majin ki + 20% genki + 50% rest of the ki

the proportion of sensed and not sensed ki changed after absorbtions, that's why goku and vegeta were terribly wrong about kid buu.

fat boo's sensed ki(70%): 70
real power: 100
ssj3 goku: 150

goku's conclusion: i could beat him if i wanted

kid buu's sensed ki(50%): 70
expected power: 100
real power: 140 + superior stamina

goku's conclusion: I thought things would go a little better than this.
Last edited by dragonballer on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: the majin race doesn't have genki

Post by Herms » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:46 pm

The word used for "life" when Goku's talking about Spopovitch is seiki (生気), not genki (元気).
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

Re: the majin race doesn't have genki

Post by dragonballer » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Herms wrote:The word used for "life" when Goku's talking about Spopovitch is seiki (生気), not genki (元気).
i know,i made that theory linking seiki and genki.