Shenlong's Attitude

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Shenlong's Attitude

Post by Freeza Heika » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:25 pm

So, at the end of GT, Shenlong decides that the Dragonballs are over used, and he is going to take them off for a little bit. It's a reasonable decision, but where the hell does he get off not asking his creator first and making the decision on his own?
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Kroni_Hunter
Regular

Post by Kroni_Hunter » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:43 pm

The real creator was son of Katattsu, and he's in hell. Dende is more like a substitute dragonball guardian, and Dende never had an authoritative type of personality, the Dragon probably knew Dende would be too timid to argue with him even if he had a problem with it. But after the shadow dragons Dende probably would have agreed with the decision. Or maybe they had a mental connection and made the decision together.

Is the power to create and maintain dragonballs something a Namekian has complete control over, or is it a privilege given to them spiritually by the Dragons ?
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:46 pm

Wasn't it only for one hundred years, though? I thought that was how long it took to purify the negative energy.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:46 pm

Kroni_Hunter wrote:The real creator was son of Katattsu, and he's in hell.
Actually, he's "in" Piccolo. Katatz' son is/was Kami.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Shenlong's Attitude

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:47 pm

Freeza Heika wrote:So, at the end of GT, Shenlong decides that the Dragonballs are over used, and he is going to take them off for a little bit. It's a reasonable decision, but where the hell does he get off not asking his creator first and making the decision on his own?
It's GT... :P
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Kroni_Hunter wrote:The real creator was son of Katattsu, and he's in hell. Dende is more like a substitute dragonball guardian,
Not quite. Dende is the actual creator of the set of dragonballs on Earth from the Cell arc onward. He just reused the model Popo made.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kroni_Hunter
Regular

Post by Kroni_Hunter » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:51 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
i thought the son of Kattatzu was neither Kami nor Piccolo but a namek who had long forgotten his name.
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:55 pm

Kroni_Hunter wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:
i thought the son of Kattatzu was neither Kami nor Piccolo but a namek who had long forgotten his name.
Well, he did end up with amnesia somehow before or after arriving on Earth. "Kami" was more just his title later on.

The "Namek who had long forgotten his true name" thing upon he and Piccolo's merger was probably partly from a return to the same kind of mindset, but possibly also the fact that Piccolo was the dominant one now instead of Kami may have screwed up his brain even more.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kroni_Hunter
Regular

Post by Kroni_Hunter » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:02 pm

Oh wait i forgot that it was Kami who made the balls after the good/evil split because when they became one again they disappeared.

But did Dende really make a whole new set of balls? The dragonballs turned to those stone balls after Kami disappeared and Dende just turned the stones back into balls, they were the same dragonballs as before. I dont think the stone balls were natural Kami made them somehow.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:02 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
No, Katattsu's son was the being who was sent to Earth and later expelled the evil that became Piccolo from his heart, in order to attain the throne of Kami.

Either way, it was Kami (as in Katattsu's son post split with Piccolo) who created the dragonballs. Piccolo Daimao knew nothing about them and had to be told about them by Pilaf.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Re: Shenlong's Attitude

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:46 am

Freeza Heika wrote:So, at the end of GT, Shenlong decides that the Dragonballs are over used, and he is going to take them off for a little bit. It's a reasonable decision, but where the hell does he get off not asking his creator first and making the decision on his own?
He definitely took a bit of a liberty by removing the Dragonballs from the earth, but he didn't do it alone. Right after he took them he decided to hide them inside of Goku (probably to give them a place to release their built up negative energy) for the next couple of decades.

It's not like Goku wouldn't have known that their were 7 magical balls being stored in him...if your looking to accuse someone of "taking off" with the Dragonballs Goku has to get some of the blame, but since it was for the best and since it wasn't permanent and since Shenlong definitely had some right to the Dragonballs (seeing as he was the one that had to do so much work because of them) I don't see any reason to put any blame on him, or anyone at that matter (except Bulma, since, as Meri pointed out on the podcast #0091, it was basically all her fault that Goku became such an "evil magnet", since she's the one that took him from his peaceful life on the mountain :wink: ).