"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonHermit
Regular

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by DragonHermit » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:31 pm

Noah wrote:
DragonHermit wrote:Would really like to know what happened to Universe 6's earth.
Nuclear war, nothing like a baby Saiyan that was sent with the purpose of destroying the planet, has did it lol
I know a war was mentioned, but was nuclear mentioned? I have a feeling that the story behind U6 earth's destruction will be crucial to post-champa arcs (if we get them).

Would be funny if a Saiyan never bumped his head and destroyed it :think:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:33 pm

DragonHermit wrote:
Noah wrote:
DragonHermit wrote:Would really like to know what happened to Universe 6's earth.
Nuclear war, nothing like a baby Saiyan that was sent with the purpose of destroying the planet, has did it lol
I know a war was mentioned, but was nuclear mentioned? I have a feeling that the story behind U6 earth's destruction will be crucial to post-champa arcs (if we get them).

Would be funny if a Saiyan never bumped his head and destroyed it :think:
Vados said it was specifically an "idiotic war". But for all intents and purposes, only a nuclear war could bring the Earth to total ruins. My guess is that WW3 finally happened.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:33 pm

Vados said that it got destroyed in a war. Either the human race kill themselves in their own war or they died in a war against another alien race.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:36 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Vados said it was specifically an "idiotic war". But for all intents and purposes, only a nuclear war could bring the Earth to total ruins. My guess is that WW3 finally happened.
It's funny because at the beginning of Z we were misled to think Vegeta was destroyed by an asteroid.

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bonus Stage » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Noah wrote:
Bonus Stage wrote:Vegeta defeat Golden Freeza or Vegeta and Goku defeat Golden Freeza in DBS manga?
The narrator says that both defeated him
And what Wiss says?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:40 pm

Are people really gonna put too much stock into a line that isn't clear cut? The BOG arc is enough to see that they aren't going to drastically change much. Do we really need a repeat of the movie thread where the past month's were "Oh oh Vegeta's gone do it guys oh oh oh!" It was so bad there that I changed my mind on wanting Vegeta to do it, because people were so obnoxious and sure it was gonna happen.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:05 pm

I wonder if Dragon Ball Super will have a thick plot at some point? The Multiverse Tournament arc sounds pretty simple, but it could potientally add some tensions, much like 22nd and 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai arcs. If that is the case, then they need to take Golden Freeza arc seriously.

I actually like the theory JulieYBM came up. If Toei is planning on running the series for as long as it lasts, as long as merchandises sell, then the Super Dragon Balls arc after the tournament ends would be a good start.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:15 pm

Huh...you know, I never would have guessed that the Universe 6 arc was moving in to another tournament. I'm assuming there's more to it than that, but at the same time...huh.

I do like that it's going to be a team based tournament though, not unlike the Dark Tournament in YYH. It's pretty obvious that Goku and Vegeta are going to be two of them on universe 7's team, and Beerus could well be a third if he and Whis aren't both more spectator than fighter for this. So that still leaves anywhere from one to three slots left. I'd almost figure Piccolo is a shoe-in, and maybe Gohan, but...Goten and Trunks seem obvious too, so I dunno. Is it too wrong of me to hope that Kuririn can be one of them?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:33 pm

I wonder if there is a human god form. I always found Gohan's mystic abilities a bit "divine" :think:

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Holy shit, I actually hoped there would be a tournament with another universe. Like Beerus looking for his predecessor and leaving it to the winner from -any- universe. That would have placed high stakes to make sure Earth won in some way to avoid being randomly destroyed. This is good too.

I'm so excited to see they are twin universes!! That means Planet Vegeta and the Saiyans there could still exist! ZOMG CHUQUITA, Princess Vegeta is a step closer to reality!!!!

[soulnova intensifies]
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:59 pm

soulnova wrote:Holy shit, I actually hoped there would be a tournament with another universe. Like Beerus looking for his predecessor and leaving it to the winner from -any- universe. That would have placed high stakes to make sure Earth won in some way to avoid being randomly destroyed. This is good too.

I'm so excited to see they are twin universes!! That means Planet Vegeta and the Saiyans there could still exist! ZOMG CHUQUITA, Princess Vegeta is a step closer to reality!!!!

[soulnova intensifies]
(≧◡≦)

I hadn't even thought about Planet Vegeta still existing in Uni 6! \(★ω★)/

*Wants Gokû and Vegeta to meet her.* Maybe Champa picks Princess Vegeta as one of the members of his team? :mrgreen: Maybe she and her universe's Kakarrotto know each other?
( ̄ω ̄)

*Wants Uni 6 Kakarrotto's only difference to be he was never sent to Earth and thus never hit his head.*

Thinking about it, female!Kakarrotto would be super-cute-in-a-really-sweet-way (and she'd give Uni 7 Vegeta uncomfortable nosebleeds he would have to repeatedly cover up out of embarrassment), but female!Vegeta is the one with comedic potential. If one of them was born female in Uni 6, Vegeta's the more entertaining choice.
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Well every Dragon Ball series has a tournament. Even GT had one even though it was short and forgettable. I hope the U6 tournament will be good or if not better as the After Life Tenkachi Budokai.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:18 pm

If there are Saiyans in universe 6, I hope they're not too strong. This story has been focused around Saiyans for the longest time. Hopefully they'll just be spectators, or play a role later when the tournament is finished. A U6 Raditz would be cool to see, though.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:23 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Are people really gonna put too much stock into a line that isn't clear cut? The BOG arc is enough to see that they aren't going to drastically change much. Do we really need a repeat of the movie thread where the past month's were "Oh oh Vegeta's gone do it guys oh oh oh!" It was so bad there that I changed my mind on wanting Vegeta to do it, because people were so obnoxious and sure it was gonna happen.
You can't really complain much because you and a couple others single-handedly derailed the Fukkatsu no F thread into a complete mess.

ROCKYIII
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ROCKYIII » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:39 pm

What does beerus get out of the bet? If champs wins earth changes places. If beerus wins everything stays the same? Am I getting that right? I'm confused

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:49 pm

ROCKYIII wrote:What does beerus get out of the bet? If champs wins earth changes places. If beerus wins everything stays the same? Am I getting that right? I'm confused
Maybe nothing? We don't know yet. The chapter literally ends with Champa suggesting the tournament and then a look at Goku being excited. Beerus doesn't even really have a chance to ask what he gets once Champa is done explaining the format he's proposing:
  • Beerus: “Huh? What sort of contest?”
    Champa: “If I win this martial arts contest, we’ll trade Earths.”
    Beerus: “Hahahahahaha! Me and you, fight?”
    Champa: “Not that. It’ll be a contest between select individuals from each of our universes…Yeah, how about a five-person team battle? Members will fight one at a time, and whichever side defeats the opposing team's final competitor wins. Let’s hold a Universe 6 and 7 Hakaishin Invitational Tournament!”
    Goku: “(AT LAST!!!)”
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:05 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Are people really gonna put too much stock into a line that isn't clear cut? The BOG arc is enough to see that they aren't going to drastically change much. Do we really need a repeat of the movie thread where the past month's were "Oh oh Vegeta's gone do it guys oh oh oh!" It was so bad there that I changed my mind on wanting Vegeta to do it, because people were so obnoxious and sure it was gonna happen.
You can't really complain much because you and a couple others single-handedly derailed the Fukkatsu no F thread into a complete mess.
I know, because we didn't say the movie was the best thing ever. 8)

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:11 am

DragonHermit wrote:I wonder if there is a human god form. I always found Gohan's mystic abilities a bit "divine" :think:
I think I created a thread about "Super Human God" once and went into great detail, but If i recall right it wasn't well received.
I Believe one of my suggestion's was that all races might have a "God form", and that Uub could be the one to reach the Humans.
Glad someone else think's it's a small possibility though :thumbup:

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:20 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:
I know, because we didn't say the movie was the best thing ever. 8)
If having been obnoxious makes you proud, ok then. Personally, I read every page of it and found it disgusting.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:29 am

alakazam^ wrote:If having been obnoxious makes you proud, ok then. Personally, I read every page of it and found it disgusting.
There's always the foe option my friend. It's not like I'm the one who brings news to the site. You're free to use this magical option to ignore me and anyone else who bothers you. I know I use this whimsical function. If my posts are unappealing to you, feel free to use it. You may have also used the report function if you were displeased and possibly had moderation handle what was unpleasant.