Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8) - COMPLETED!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Milky Way
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:23 pm

kei17 wrote:I've checked out episode 97 and got a little surprised. Why did you replace about half of my placements? I have nothing against you because this is not mine and it's just your own version partially based on my music placement, but I think all the changes feel needless, especially when it comes to Mr. Satan's scene. I added some kind of a "serious gag" feeling to it, like "Hey, these guys are all taking him seriously!" So, placing a humorous sounding track there kinda kills it.
Hehe, yeah... You see, I had already done the music placements for 97 and 98 quite a while before yours came along. Because of this, and the fact that I thought you had some great placements, I decided to use a combination of your placements and my own. Nothing against your stuff, not at all, but I guess I really liked some of what I had already come up with, so I didn't want to change everything.

And also, I apologize for not crediting you for some of the 97 placements. I was feeling pretty sick last night, the Wi-Fi connection I was using was acting unusually slow, and I really wanted to get home and lay down. So I kinda rushed the 97 upload. BTW, here's a question to anyone reading this: I don't think this happens, but is there any crackling in 97 like there was in 96? I had meant to turn down the volume with this new episode like I did with the one before, but I forgot. It's going to be turned down in the Dragon Soul version, but I just wanted to be sure.
Known as Hiltonium everywhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Now Completed!)
----------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

User avatar
SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Milky Way
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Known as Hiltonium everywhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Now Completed!)
----------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

User avatar
TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 915
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by TheAldella » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:55 pm

...I dare say that the track you chose for the ending to replace Dragon Soul is better than it for the scene. The way it became gentle as Chi-Chi was crying just made me smile.
Favorite anime -
Naruto Shippuden
Dragon Ball Z Kai
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
Watchmen (2009)
Man of Steel (2013)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
Wonder Woman (2017)
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

kei17
I Live Here
Posts: 3992
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:23 am

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by kei17 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:34 pm

TheAldella wrote:...I dare say that the track you chose for the ending to replace Dragon Soul is better than it for the scene. The way it became gentle as Chi-Chi was crying just made me smile.
Thanks, that was the most difficult part of the music placement for this episode. I switched around some parts of the track to fit Chichi's scene. I'm happy to hear that it actually worked.
SuperSaiyanHedgehog wrote:And also, I apologize for not crediting you for some of the 97 placements. I was feeling pretty sick last night, the Wi-Fi connection I was using was acting unusually slow, and I really wanted to get home and lay down. So I kinda rushed the 97 upload. BTW, here's a question to anyone reading this: I don't think this happens, but is there any crackling in 97 like there was in 96? I had meant to turn down the volume with this new episode like I did with the one before, but I forgot. It's going to be turned down in the Dragon Soul version, but I just wanted to be sure.
No problem. And from what I heard, there's no crackling this time.

User avatar
SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Milky Way
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:11 pm

Episode 98 and its chapter file uploaded!
Edit: Music selections by kei17

...Wait...I did it? I FINISHED?!?!? WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I WANNA THANK MY DADDY, MY LAPTOP, THIS HOTDOG I'M EATING RIGHT NOW, THAT "MIKE VegettoEX" GUY WHO'S STARING AT US FROM THE CORNER OVER THERE (yeah, I know where you peek from)...

Ahem. Lemme try again.

From
to
I've been making this project. And it's been quite a long ride. When did I start this? Like, over a year ago? Man. I especially love how I was featured on r/dbz. That made me feel special. Anyway, I want to thank you all so much for helping me out and giving me the motivation to continue. You'll always be my Dragon Ball Babies.

Now, then. As I close this chapter of the fandom (if it's worthy of being called that, idk if it is), it's time to look ahead to the future. We've got a brand new series airing right now. New stories to tell, new characters to see, new memories to be made, for this generation and the ones to come. If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go finish this hotdog (I'm lying, I'm not actually eating a hotdog right now, but I wish I was) and take a nap. Play me off, Owl City.

P.S. - I'm da best, and you should all give me tons of money.
Last edited by SuperSaiyanHedgehog on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known as Hiltonium everywhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Now Completed!)
----------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:06 pm

Nice, congrats on all the hard work. I've got them all put on to my hardrive so whenever Inwatch the series again in the future I'll always have your version to watch.

Thanks again.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6557
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by sangofe » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:28 am

SuperSaiyanHedgehog wrote:Episode 98 and its chapter file uploaded!

...Wait...I did it? I FINISHED?!?!? WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I WANNA THANK MY DADDY, MY LAPTOP, THIS HOTDOG I'M EATING RIGHT NOW, THAT "MIKE VegettoEX" GUY WHO'S STARING AT US FROM THE CORNER OVER THERE (yeah, I know where you peek from)...

Ahem. Lemme try again.

From
to
I've been making this project. And it's been quite a long ride. When did I start this? Like, over a year ago? Man. I especially love how I was featured on r/dbz. That made me feel special. Anyway, I want to thank you all so much for helping me out and giving me the motivation to continue. You'll always be my Dragon Ball Babies.

Now, then. As I close this chapter of the fandom (if it's worthy of being called that, idk if it is), it's time to look ahead to the future. We've got a brand new series airing right now. New stories to tell, new characters to see, new memories to be made, for this generation and the ones to come. If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go finish this hotdog (I'm lying, I'm not actually eating a hotdog right now, but I wish I was) and take a nap. Play me off, Owl City.

P.S. - I'm da best, and you should all give me tons of money.
Thanks. and thanks to kei too for helping at the end. PS. If Funimation release Boo kai, maybe, that could be rescored :-P. Look ahead to what is coming. Hehe

User avatar
SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Milky Way
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:15 pm

sangofe wrote:Thanks. and thanks to kei too for helping at the end. PS. If Funimation release Boo kai, maybe, that could be rescored :-P. Look ahead to what is coming. Hehe
You're welcome! But I highly doubt I'll do another project like this for The Final Chapters.
Two reasons:
1. If I used the same three albums of Yamamoto tracks again throughout the entire arc, things would get pretty stale, in my opinion. If Yamamoto had never left, he would have created a bunch of new tracks for the arc, just like he did for the Android/Cell Saga.
2. There's no way I'm gonna feel like doing something like that. This project got me pretty burned-out on the whole "audio mixing" thing. However, I'll probably do a few select scenes from The Final Chapters just for fun and put them on YouTube/Google Drive, with a post here on the forums linking to it. It'll probably just be like 3-4 scenes, though. IDK.
Known as Hiltonium everywhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Now Completed!)
----------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

User avatar
EmmaWinters
Moderator
Posts: 863
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:10 pm
Location: The Interstice
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by EmmaWinters » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:25 pm

SuperSaiyanHedgehog wrote:I especially love how I was featured on r/dbz. That made me feel special.
It's the least we could do. Thanks for everything! And thanks to everyone else involved as well.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1386
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by Forte224 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:20 pm

Awesome. Thanks so much for your hard work. Also I gotta say, The Lone Warrior in that Trunks vs Cell fight is just....awesome. So glad you chose that over Heroic Face Off. Thanks to you and to Kei for some great stuff. I can't see what Yamamoto would've done different for 96-98, seemed very official

thaman91
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8) - COMPLE

Post by thaman91 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Thanks so much man. For me, Kai has always been almost perfect until now. The script was accurate, it was in HD, and it was the proper aspect ratio. But the one thing that had bothered me was the removal of Yamamoto. I don't hate Kikuchi's music but it just doesn't do it for me in Kai. And as a blossoming purist, I didn't like that the English version was altered from the original Japanese broadcast version (besides the language).

Then you came along and made Kai absolutely perfect. And you even took the time to add in the reverb effects that were lost in the music removal process to make this as authentic as possible. This is going to be my definitive way of watching the show. Great job and thanks again for all the hard work.

User avatar
SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Milky Way
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8) - COMPLE

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:33 pm

thaman91 wrote:Thanks so much man. For me, Kai has always been almost perfect until now. The script was accurate, it was in HD, and it was the proper aspect ratio. But the one thing that had bothered me was the removal of Yamamoto. I don't hate Kikuchi's music but it just doesn't do it for me in Kai. And as a blossoming purist, I didn't like that the English version was altered from the original Japanese broadcast version (besides the language).

Then you came along and made Kai absolutely perfect. And you even took the time to add in the reverb effects that were lost in the music removal process to make this as authentic as possible. This is going to be my definitive way of watching the show. Great job and thanks again for all the hard work.
Give Daddy a hug.
Known as Hiltonium everywhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Now Completed!)
----------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

User avatar
OmegaRockman
Regular
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8) - COMPLE

Post by OmegaRockman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:54 pm

I, or any other Kai fan, can't thank you enough for all the effort you put into this. You've done us all a great service and we love you for it! With that said, I leave you with this: https://youtu.be/xtXaKsd7jm4?t=2m26s
Last edited by OmegaRockman on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
yugidmx5
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:32 am

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8) - COMPLE

Post by yugidmx5 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:25 am

Congrats for finishing the project and your perseverance in doing it!

Doodan
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8) - COMPLE

Post by Doodan » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:15 am

Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this! I'm sure it was really daunting at times, but by sticking to it, you have gifted the fan base with a means to enjoy an uninterrupted experience with Yamamoto's score. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :clap: :clap: :clap:

User avatar
Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:36 am

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8) - COMPLE

Post by Analytical Delusion » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:21 am

It's absolutely incredible that this project is complete. The fandom can never thank you enough for restoring the score, so Kai can be enjoyed as was originally intended.

Thank you for your hard work! What an amazing effort. :) Can't wait to marathon the series again with the proper score.

User avatar
sbk
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8) - COMPLE

Post by sbk » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:12 am

Thank you so much for this :P

User avatar
goku262002
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Glendale, AZ

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by goku262002 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:57 pm

SuperSaiyanHedgehog wrote:
sangofe wrote:Thanks. and thanks to kei too for helping at the end. PS. If Funimation release Boo kai, maybe, that could be rescored :-P. Look ahead to what is coming. Hehe
You're welcome! But I highly doubt I'll do another project like this for The Final Chapters.
Two reasons:

1. If I used the same three albums of Yamamoto tracks again throughout the entire arc, things would get pretty stale, in my opinion. If Yamamoto had never left, he would have created a bunch of new tracks for the arc, just like he did for the Android/Cell Saga.

2. There's no way I'm gonna feel like doing something like that. This project got me pretty burned-out on the whole "audio mixing" thing. However, I'll probably do a few select scenes from The Final Chapters just for fun and put them on YouTube/Google Drive, with a post here on the forums linking to it. It'll probably just be like 3-4 scenes, though. IDK.
1. Well we honestly wouldn't mind if you reused all the same tracks again, I'd rather have consistency then what we have with DBZK: TFC in its vanilla state, maybe some of his game works could be used too? or is that too much of a different tone shift?

2. You got time to really think about this anyways, its not like we even see an english release yet. you'll have plenty of time to rest and recover, but if your pretty dead set in not doing TFC then maybe you can release a tutorial to show people how you did it?

User avatar
SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Milky Way
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8)

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:05 pm

goku262002 wrote: 1. Well we honestly wouldn't mind if you reused all the same tracks again, I'd rather have consistency then what we have with DBZK: TFC in its vanilla state, maybe some of his game works could be used too? or is that too much of a different tone shift?

2. You got time to really think about this anyways, its not like we even see an english release yet. you'll have plenty of time to rest and recover, but if your pretty dead set in not doing TFC then maybe you can release a tutorial to show people how you did it?
Hmm, I might just release a tutorial! I'll think about it.
Known as Hiltonium everywhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Now Completed!)
----------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

User avatar
SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Milky Way
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Parts 5-8) - COMPLE

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Heads up: Apparently, the download folders were subject to a copyright takedown notice. I had to remove it myself before the site did so, in the hopes that I won't get punished for anything. I'll see about re-uploading the files this weekend.
Known as Hiltonium everywhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Now Completed!)
----------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

Post Reply