In reply to VegettoEX in Dragonball Animation Legend thread-

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:47 pm

GI_Judd2287 wrote:Is it just me or are people on these boards being a lot more hostile than normal?
They are, and it's why you've seen a lot less of the more mature, rational members, myself included. I've really only been keeping to my own topics, or only contributing when necessary.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:23 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
GI_Judd2287 wrote:Is it just me or are people on these boards being a lot more hostile than normal?
They are, and it's why you've seen a lot less of the more mature, rational members, myself included. I've really only been keeping to my own topics, or only contributing when necessary.
Yep. Jers has been trying to get through to people and manage things. Me? I've just been staying away from the children. It's sad, this place used to be so... nice. Now it's starting to look like another GameFAQs or MFG in a few threads.

Anyway....

*Stakes a "Do Not Feed The Trolls" sign in the ground*
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:42 pm

'Tweren't that long ago, either. It seems to have only gotten really bad within the last two or so months.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

GI_Judd2287
Beyond Newbie

Post by GI_Judd2287 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:09 am

Must have something to do with the depression/suicide rate going up around the holidays.
"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?"-- Captain America

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:56 am

The members on this board have always been very hostile and quick to show themselves off compared to other forums. It bothers me as well how EX is usualy such a huge pain in the ass, but I guess it's for the best. Even if many of the members of this board can be overly snooty and rude, it still has a professinal layout to it.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:35 am

Am I the only one that has no reason to hate VegettoEX? :?

You all are saying he can be an ass... I see no proof :lol:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:37 am

If I am a bit snoody, then I am sorry. :oops:
I don't try to be...
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

tainted saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by tainted saiyan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:46 am

Vegetto EX isn't that bad. Many Mods I have met are far more malicious and cruel.
Chivalry

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:49 am

I used to be a mod... it wasn't fun.. especially when you get the jackasses that think you have no authority (even though your a mod) and still continue to be jackasses :lol:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:44 am

I haven't been in here forever, and I come back to find that the forum's having a rebellion. Why isn't this locked after so many pages? Although I have to admit this is funny shit to watch.

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:56 am

You missed some funny/horriblygrotesque pictures then :lol:

And yeah, if it were me, I would've just deleted this thread. But I think a certain admin is finding some sortof amusement to this thread, seeing as how Julian locked it and posted on it, then that lock and post mysteriously disappeared 8)

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:51 am

BrollysKin wrote:The members on this board have always been very hostile and quick to show themselves off compared to other forums. It bothers me as well how EX is usualy such a huge pain in the ass, but I guess it's for the best. Even if many of the members of this board can be overly snooty and rude, it still has a professinal layout to it.
I see it more as I don't find myself to be enough of a hardcore fanboy to hang around with this crowd sometimes. :wink:

Nothing wrong with being so hardcore about Dragonball, I'm just too "middle of the road" for a lot of it unless I get caught up in "anti-this or that" propoganda.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:39 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:Am I the only one that has no reason to hate VegettoEX? :?

tainted saiyan wrote:Vegetto EX isn't that bad. Many Mods I have met are far more malicious and cruel.
Amen to that. I hope this blows over soon. :(

landoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by landoku » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:09 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:You missed some funny/horriblygrotesque pictures then :lol:

And yeah, if it were me, I would've just deleted this thread. But I think a certain admin is finding some sortof amusement to this thread, seeing as how Julian locked it and posted on it, then that lock and post mysteriously disappeared 8)
Sooooo It WAS locked at one time? Then it was...unlocked? *lol* Oh yeah, No doubt there both laughing there ass off at all the stupid crap that was going on in this topic. *lol* :lol:

GI_Judd2287
Beyond Newbie

Post by GI_Judd2287 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:49 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:Am I the only one that has no reason to hate VegettoEX? :?

Personally I find him to be too much of an elitist, and they piss me off. He's more than a little condescending/arrogant. He criticizes the dub way too much. VegettoEX seems like an alright guy though. I wouldn't say he's mean enough to be considered an ass.

I wish people in general were more open minded about things and less bitter.
"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?"-- Captain America

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:33 am

GI_Judd2287 wrote:

Personally I find him to be too much of an elitist, and they piss me off. He's more than a little condescending/arrogant. He criticizes the dub way too much. VegettoEX seems like an alright guy though. I wouldn't say he's mean enough to be considered an ass.

I wish people in general were more open minded about things and less bitter.
I used to think that but really it's just the man's opinion (which I respect because he is a HUGE fan of Dragonball). Mike just knows what he likes though the only thing that still ticks me off is when he said to me "Just keep in mind we are watching two different shows" when relating too the dub :x. I still do not get why most fans cannot find something decent to say about the FUNI dub. Well at least Mike has. I agree that the man's far from being an "ass". He's polite, fair, funny and an awesome webmaster. 8)

Anyway... I really haven't read much of the early part of this thread but it looks like another half baked rant by fan with too much time on their hands. That is what it usually is anyways. Tis just another installment in Daizenshuu EX's Fandom Theater :roll: .
Last edited by Maphisto86 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:58 am

You missed some funny/horriblygrotesque pictures then
Still curious about those pictures :|~~ C'mon guys! I endured 4chan! What can be worse then that? <_< PM me those suckers xD

landoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by landoku » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:08 pm

DNA wrote:
You missed some funny/horriblygrotesque pictures then
Still curious about those pictures :|~~ C'mon guys! I endured 4chan! What can be worse then that? <_< PM me those suckers xD
I didnt see them either, but it bothers me that you want to see some "funny/horriblygrotesque" images. :?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Why are you bothered about someone you barely know? ._.

As for why do I want to see them? I like to test my own mental sanity! >:D

landoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by landoku » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:05 pm

DNA wrote:Why are you bothered about someone you barely know? ._.
Well,this isnt a very good first impression for you to make on people. *lol*