Shin Budokai 2?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:08 pm

The S wrote:I don't think basing a game on Movie 13 would be as cool as the one on Movie 12. Since it had the whole Hell released/time warping thing going on, they were able to slide a lot of characters from the past into it.

What are we going to get in Another Road if it's based on Movie 13?

Goku - SS1, 2, 3
Gohan - SS1, 2, Mystic
Great Saiyaman
Goten - SS1
Chibi Trunks - SS1
Vegeta - SS1, SS2
Videl
Great Saiyaman No. 2
Tapion
Hildegarne - Forms 1 & 2
Gotenks - SS1, SS3
Kurilin
Future Trunks - SS1, USS (maybe; just because of the connected plot at the end)
You forgot Bee, he makes a glorified cameo in movie 13. :P
14 years later

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:36 pm

Oh yeah! Bee would kick ASS!

But seriously. Compare the above guess-roster to Shin Budokai I's official roster:
Wikipedia wrote: * Son Goku (Base, Kaioken, SSJ, SSJ2 and SSJ3)
* Vegeta (Base, SSJ, SSJ2 ,and Majin)
* Son Gohan (Teen) (Base, SSJ and SSJ2)
* Son Gohan (Adult) (Base, SSJ, SSJ2 and Elder Kai Unlock)
* Pikkon
* Krillin (Base, Unlock Potential)
* Future Trunks (Base, SSJ)
* Piccolo (Base, fuse with Kami)
* Frieza (Final Form, 100% Final Form)
* Cell (Perfect Form, Super Perfect Form)
* Majin Buu
* Coola (Base, Final Form)
* Broly (Controlled SSJ, Legendary SSJ)
* Gotenks (Base, SSJ, and SSJ3)
* Vegito (Base, Super Vegito)
* Gogeta
* Janemba (Demon Final Form)
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:12 pm

It's possible they could include other characters from the last game so they can tout their game as "The biggest roster of characters on a PSP game ever, with 26+ characters!")

You know how they made side story lines in the first one? I'm guessing they would probably keep the characters from the first one and make some lame side story. (Which would be good if we get all of the returning characters.)

My wishes:

-Better Graphics
-More Modes(Come on, only Story Mode, Survival Mode, and Wi-fi? Drop the "stamps"..please.)
-Old levels returning, as well as new ones.
-More DETAIL in the levels.
(In the first game, they were flat backgrounds...I don't know how to explain it, but it was NO WHERE near the quality of B3. And don't give me the "But it's hand held!" excuse.)
PLAY B3YOND.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:19 pm

I guess it all depends on how much a psp can hold, Sasuke. They need to cut the crap and do a Dragonball gaming collection with all of the super famicom(fanicom) fighters. Make it with Wi-fi, clean up some of the fighting systems, and for God's sake add characters to Hyper Dimension.
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:22 pm

The Playstation Portable disks can hold up to 1.8 GIGs worth of memory..

The last game was about 700MB or so. They should take out the stamp system and use that space for new things. They had so much winning potential in the first game, but now it's time for a winner.

I would love to see a "Classic DBZ Collection".
PLAY B3YOND.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:56 pm

Sasuke_Chidori wrote:The Playstation Portable disks can hold up to 1.8 GIGs worth of memory..

The last game was about 700MB or so. They should take out the stamp system and use that space for new things. They had so much winning potential in the first game, but now it's time for a winner.

I would love to see a "Classic DBZ Collection".
That's funny. The first game could fit on a standard CD-RW.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

TAS
Beyond Newbie

Post by TAS » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:35 pm

Well I really doubt this one will be based on Movie 13 as the first one was only based on 12 to go along with the US release of Movie 12, and despite the fact that it's a Japanese developed game it's obvious Atari (and possibly FUNimation) have some control or involvement.

Now that everything has been released in the US there's no reason for it to be specific or not include certain characters, etc, like the previous Budokai games did, so it's anything goes this time around (hopefully)

Also don't expect it to look better graphicaly then Budokai 3, or be some huge change, as all 4 of the Budokai games run on the same engine, and so I'm sure this one will as well, ie given they've used the same engine (which was upgraded with each individual game) with the series, they aren't able to push it all that much further then they have, especialy when they only spend a few months of development on it. I mean there were defenitly a number of improvements in the gameplay department (everything in real-time, new moves, etc) and I hope they really continue with that, but more so I hope they fix the overall problems the first game had like...

- Limited number of characters
- Only one in game transformation during gameplay
- Missing moves (even though new ones were added, some were taken away)
- No alternate costumes (not even palatte swaps, just darker versions)
- Limited story (they for the most part could only go off Movie 12, or had to make up new stuff, which was minor)

...there's more but I'll stop there.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:50 pm

Hey, perhaps this one will be based solely on movies in general?

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:17 pm

I was over at the NeoGAF forums, and they claim that this game is coming out for the DS and PSP in March. They usually are a very reliable source, so i'll keep you posted.

Edit: They got the Dragon Ball RPG game mixed up...dang. The good news is that they might bring that DS RPG game over to the U.S.
PLAY B3YOND.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:43 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:I guess it all depends on how much a psp can hold, Sasuke. They need to cut the crap and do a Dragonball gaming collection with all of the super famicom(fanicom) fighters. Make it with Wi-fi, clean up some of the fighting systems, and for God's sake add characters to Hyper Dimension.
I just had a déjà vu moment with this post because my first post (and thread) was almost exactly like this.. :shock:
Sasuke_Chidori wrote:I was over at the NeoGAF forums, and they claim that this game is coming out for the DS and PSP in March. They usually are a very reliable source, so i'll keep you posted.

Edit: They got the Dragon Ball RPG game mixed up...dang. The good news is that they might bring that DS RPG game over to the U.S.
I see this game doing bad in the U.S. The only kind of rpgs most of us (Americans) like here are the Final Fantasy titles and the upcoming Dragonball is card based, which would be completely different..
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:05 pm

But a lot of people seemed to like Legendary Super Warriors (I wasn't one of them, however).

Mac2492

Post by Mac2492 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm

Hmm... Another Dragon Ball Z game for the PSP. I hope it's not based on the 13th movie. (Not as many characters as there could be) That is, unless they decide to get creative with the characters... I just want to use the kid Goku from GT. (And reach Super Saiyan 4. It's different.)

My only complaint about the first PSP Budokai was the lack of replayability. I beat story mode (Z-rank on everything) in about three days, taking lots of breaks and even going to Tenkaichi Budokai 2 for the Wii. The game needs more characters! =)

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:05 pm

Nyoibo wrote:EB Games have an entry too:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=190392
It should, seeing as Gamestop and EB Games are owned by the same higher up company.
But, eh, I wish for it to be released for the DS too...
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

DBZ-Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ-Guy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:04 pm

Anyone else think "Another Road" is a really lame under tittle? It doesn't get me excited at all and it just sounds kinda awkward.
Last edited by DBZ-Guy on Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Jump Ultimate Stars (DS).
Currently obsessed with: Death Note, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Busou Renkin

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:08 pm

I still think the DS needs a better DbZ fighter.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Mac2492

Post by Mac2492 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:15 pm

DBZ-Guy wrote:Anyone else think "Another Road" is a really lame under tittle? It doesn't get me excited at all and it just sounds kinda akward.
I'm too busy being excited about the game itself to care about its under title.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:43 pm

If it was a GT fighting game, based on the Super 17 saga, it would definately be able to accomidate many characters.

Mac2492

Post by Mac2492 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:48 pm

The S wrote:If it was a GT fighting game, based on the Super 17 saga, it would definately be able to accomidate many characters.
...but it isn't.

It would be great if it were so, though. I would have preferred it if they based it on the GT series in general. (Or the second half of it)

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:43 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:I still think the DS needs a better DbZ fighter.
Yes, agreed.
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

Mac2492

Post by Mac2492 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:54 pm

Payne222 wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:I still think the DS needs a better DbZ fighter.
Yes, agreed.
As much as I like the DS, I think that the PSP has a little advantage over it because of superior graphical capabilities. Dragon Ball has lots of fancy, flashy moves that look much better on the PSP than they would on the DS.

That said, the DS has more possibilities for a unique fighter. If they can somehow utilize the touch screen as well as Tenkaichi 2 utilizes the WiiMote + Nunchuk, they could make a fantastic Dragon Ball game for the DS.

Note: When I refer to "Dragon Ball", I'm referring to all of the series collectively.