"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ss4songoku
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by ss4songoku » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:31 am

TheGreatness25 wrote:What's the problem with DLC? The only thing I saw on here was me saying that DLC is like extra stuff to the story that you can choose to include or not, so it is pretty meaningless to the game, which was my point with the GT DLC.
It wasn't what you said. Sorry for the misunderstanding :oops:

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:25 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:So has there been any news on those Event PQs that were found in the game data files?

Unfortunately not and that is one of the bigger disappointments. I was hoping they would've planned beyond the 3 initial DLCs or at least do events. Once you beat all the PQs and the story, there really isn't much to do. Sure, I like playing against people online and what not, but the other aspect of the game is leveling up your character and they have made that a tedious and ridiculous grind. The fact that you literally HAVE to play 1 or 2 missions to get your character to max is a glaring flaw of the game. I thought they were going to support the game for a while, but all we've seen lately is that crappy tournament.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:30 pm

dualist wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:So has there been any news on those Event PQs that were found in the game data files?

Unfortunately not and that is one of the bigger disappointments. I was hoping they would've planned beyond the 3 initial DLCs or at least do events. Once you beat all the PQs and the story, there really isn't much to do. Sure, I like playing against people online and what not, but the other aspect of the game is leveling up your character and they have made that a tedious and ridiculous grind. The fact that you literally HAVE to play 1 or 2 missions to get your character to max is a glaring flaw of the game. I thought they were going to support the game for a while, but all we've seen lately is that crappy tournament.
What were the event pq's suppose to be about?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:What were the event pq's suppose to be about?
Basically hardass PQs with special win conditions like "finish opponents off with ki blasts" and such. Reward wise, I think you got clothing main characters used that would be color changeable or something.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Damn, I am just playing the Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul and it truly puts the Xenoverse to shame. Pretty competitive on higher difficulties, building combos, cancelling, super attacks and big bang attacks.
Plethora of characters which are not direct clones and it all looks close to the anime. No RNG and Galaxian Wars is what Tenkaichi Budokai should've been, with announcer commenting the match in a funny way, naming your attacks and the power they have on opponent and also commenting your characteristics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7f0kNenT5o

If Dimps will do next Dragon Ball game with such good fighting mechanic for a franchise game and tons of fanservice, I would die from joy.
Looks like I will finish all trophies in this game as I've just quit Xenoverse a month ago and won't return to it.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:20 am

Just wanted to let.everyone know, I logged on to xenoverse today and SS4 Vegeta was unlocked. Dont know if it's now free or unlocked after a number of hours out quest completes but for him today without preorder.

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:18 pm

Brettjr25 wrote:Just wanted to let.everyone know, I logged on to xenoverse today and SS4 Vegeta was unlocked. Dont know if it's now free or unlocked after a number of hours out quest completes but for him today without preorder.
I hasn't been unlocked for my PC Steam game.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:41 pm

If there's one thing that keeps me playing XV right now, it's this.
Ah the power of mods. XD
Last edited by BlazingBarrrager on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:55 pm

Been home sick the past couple days and I notice playing XV on PS4, I'm logged out after almost every PQ. It's quite annoying. Also got Elder Kai as a master. Getting him to get rid of RNG... is an RNG situation. I'm mad I'm playing this again lol.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:51 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:If there's one thing that keeps me playing XV right now, it's this.
Ah the power of mods. XD
seeing all the mods on youtube, makes me wonder how they will expand on the character creation option.
i mean even tho XV is good they cleary didnt give their best.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:55 am

Tsufuru wrote:i mean even tho XV is good they cleary didnt give their best.
It's easy to go and claim "they didn't give their best" when one doesn't take into account the various compromises and budget/time limitations that most likely had to have been met for a licensed anime game done from the ground up.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Captain-Sora wrote:
It's easy to go and claim "they didn't give their best" when one doesn't take into account the various compromises and budget/time limitations that most likely had to have been met for a licensed anime game done from the ground up.
yh , a few things could have been done and with the sales of XV , they easiely could bring DLC's with new content.

but i guess they will do it in the next game , if there will be a XV 2.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:17 am

Captain-Sora wrote:
I do get your point, but frankly as a customer, I don't give a s**t if this team had it hard to develop the game etc.
They wanna pay a full price for it? Then it should be good game. If they had small budget and whatever else and their game costs the same as A+ game like Arkham Knight, then it's normal rip-off.

But I am a fan of DIMPS and they did deliver with the latest Saint Seiya. Xenoverse wasn't bad, but only as a game for limited playtrough with tons of fanservice. Fanservice (costumes and accesories) is killed by RNG
and hours of playing which bores you to death and is letting you to discover all the gameplay flaws and slap them on your face repeatedly.

Saint Seiya is fun to play even after I have 50+ hours of gameplay already. So I hope we will get another great game like Budokai series, which is pretty playable even nowadays from DIMPS with DB franchise.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:49 am

You're misconstruing things. That post wasn't about the game in general. The subject at hand was the customization system and the level of detail involved, the quality of which is obviously going to be dependent on the time, money spent on it and the prioritization of that particular feature. It's easy for one to say that they didn't give it their best just because it isn't heavily complex, but it's pretty obvious that they had to make a few compromises so they could actually pull off everything else in the game, as it does contain a substantial amount of various content for a title done from the ground up.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:43 pm

So I finally managed to do a 3 v 3 VS match, and boy was it freaken fun. Also got me my last two achievements, which is nice.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:10 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:So I finally managed to do a 3 v 3 VS match, and boy was it freaken fun. Also got me my last two achievements, which is nice.
These are really fun, but it's crazy how hard it is to get into an actual game.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:53 pm

3 vs. 3 would be much better if the battles don't go so crazy. Maybe have 3 vs. 3 and 5 vs. 5 in the next game have a better camera system and have you switch characters in battle. For example, if you are playing as Cell and you have Nappa on your team, you can switch between the two. Sometimes the AI in the game can be really stupid in team battles and it can help if your team mate is doing nothing.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:3 vs. 3 would be much better if the battles don't go so crazy. Maybe have 3 vs. 3 and 5 vs. 5 in the next game have a better camera system and have you switch characters in battle. For example, if you are playing as Cell and you have Nappa on your team, you can switch between the two. Sometimes the AI in the game can be really stupid in team battles and it can help if your team mate is doing nothing.
Jesus no, I already find 3v3 a bit too much, let's not go super chaotic and throw in 5v5 (It really wouldn't work with a lock-on system, ever) just because. In my experience with these sort of games, the more players you add to the map, the less deep the combat system needs to be (because why would I want to learn combos and such if i'm getting knocked-down every 10 seconds) but it needs to have a much stronger movement and tracking systems so you can still stand your toes and understand what you're doing.

When done right, I always found 2v2 to be a good balance, there's still plenty of chaos on screen but not so much as to destroy any type of team compostion and strategy you built. It also needs to have a proper score system so that the no players get severe amount of down-time and it doesn't go out forever, too many times in Xenoverse matches players would camp on an opponent's fallen member early on meaning he couldn't play at all the rest of the match, or the opposite would happen and players wouldd keep reviving each other and it seemed like there was no progress done in the battle.

I like the switching idea though.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:48 pm

Whoever does the translating, you're needed here stat!