Tenshinhan recognizes he made a bad judgment

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Battousai
Not-So-Newbie

Tenshinhan recognizes he made a bad judgment

Post by Battousai » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:24 am

Okay, this should be in DBS section. Hope mods will move the topic to that section.

Just a tough about the last episode of DBS.
Unlike Rof, Tenshinhan regrets not bringing Chaozu with him to fight Freeza. In the Android saga, he said that Chaozu was left behind because he wasn't powerful enough to fight the Androids. Now he says he's sorry. Even Gohan conforts him, saying Bulma ordered Goten and Trunks to stay home too.

I actually believe he realizes that, since Roshi is there and there are so many enemies, Chaozu would be useful to the Z-team.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Tenshinhan recognizes he made a bad judgment

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:26 am

Did he really say that or is it just a bad sub?
IIRC he said Chaozu wouldn't be up for this battle and later confirms it, when fighting the soldiers.

Battousai
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Battousai » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:29 am

dbgtFO wrote:Did he really say that or is it just a bad sub?
IIRC he said Chaozu wouldn't be up for this battle and later confirms it, when fighting the soldiers.
He says he's sorry and I do believe the translation is correct. This sentence pretty much confirms he regrets not bringing Chaozu along. He even made a "guilty" expression when was saying that.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Good on Toei to give lip service. Because it doesn't make since for Jaco and Master Roshi to be there, when Yamcha and Chaozu are far stronger. So, for DBS, Tenshinhan didn't tell Yamcha shit, and in hindsight realized Chaozu could have been out on the field too.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:43 pm

But they still didn't said anything about Yamcha, if only...
Gohan also didn't talk about Goten/Trunks this time (I think), because they will appear.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Yamcha upset fan

Post by Yamcha upset fan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:55 pm

yamcha can sence friezers ki.

he is not there because he doesnt want to, if we want to make it logical.

ofcourse what really happened is that the writters just didnt care.
whut? I dont speak pain

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:06 pm

What really happened is that Yamcha has a fairly high profile veteran VA, who's still very much active (so, replacing him with some newer and cheaper VA might cause backlash). Giving him cameos probably costs too much to bother with him often, considering how he wouldn't have an important role anyway.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:50 pm

Neon Z wrote:What really happened is that Yamcha has a fairly high profile veteran VA, who's still very much active (so, replacing him with some newer and cheaper VA might cause backlash). Giving him cameos probably costs too much to bother with him often, considering how he wouldn't have an important role anyway.
I would still like Yamcha to appear in the Dragonball anime some more.
I miss Tohru Furuya in Dragon World already and the BOG saga ended only slightly more than a month ago.
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Yamcha was probably playing baseball or something. He gave up fighting after the Cell Arc. I barely see him in Super now, and when he does appear its way in the background.

Yajirobe, Korin, and Mr. Popo completely vanished though, I watched every episode of Super thus far and i haven't seen them at all, maybe I'm wrong.

And I agree with the other members, Chiaotzu I think would have helped if Roshi was kicking ass. I don't know much about Jaco, so I'm not going to comment on him.

Then again, power levels in this series haven't been really consistent throughout the years.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by BluePiccolo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:11 pm

Neon Z wrote:What really happened is that Yamcha has a fairly high profile veteran VA, who's still very much active (so, replacing him with some newer and cheaper VA might cause backlash). Giving him cameos probably costs too much to bother with him often, considering how he wouldn't have an important role anyway.
That's a really interesting point and very good to know about things like that which can influence the amount of someone's screen time or appearance altogether.
\o/ Check out my Unboxing videos of high quality DBZ related stuff from Japan. \o/

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:19 pm

Battousai wrote:Okay, this should be in DBS section. Hope mods will move the topic to that section.

Unlike Rof, Tenshinhan regrets not bringing Chaozu with him to fight Freeza. In the Android saga, he said that Chaozu was left behind because he wasn't powerful enough to fight the Androids. Now he says he's sorry. Even Gohan conforts him, saying Bulma ordered Goten and Trunks to stay home too.

I actually believe he realizes that, since Roshi is there and there are so many enemies, Chaozu would be useful to the Z-team.
Hmm from the sub i watched tien said:this was to dangerous for chiaotzu,sorry

Doesnt seem like hes sorry he didnt bring chiaotzu,more like sorry i didnt bring chiaotzu this is to dangerous for him.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:55 pm

buutenks wrote:
Battousai wrote:Okay, this should be in DBS section. Hope mods will move the topic to that section.

Hmm from the sub i watched Tenshinhan said:this was to dangerous for chiaotzu,sorry

Doesnt seem like hes sorry he didnt bring chiaotzu,more like sorry i didnt bring chiaotzu this is to dangerous for him.
The sub you watched was just guesswork.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!