DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Chuquita » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:09 pm

My favorite part was the return of "Thwartin' my plans?". :3

Also Piccolo, Tenshinhan, and Bulma betting on who was gonna mess up first.

18 and Krillin interacting was sweet.

Even though I've since dropped SU (multiple reasons, but the biggest reason is it's got a release schedule comparable to Togashi's HxH and I just can't do "irregular release schedule" series anymore; props to those who have the patience for it.) I really do enjoy a Gokû musical number. The bouncing muffin was really cute.

I still wish Toei would make a character song for adult Gokû. All this time and he hasn't gotten one. Vegeta has 2!

Also also, really liking Perfect Cell's singing voice. Very nice.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Chuquita wrote:I still wish Toei would make a character song for adult Gokû. All this time and he hasn't gotten one. Vegeta has 2!
What? Did you forget about Aitsu wa Son Gokuu?

Anyway...

I laughed a lot in this episode! :lol:

Piccolo, Tien and Bulma interactions made up for me, Vegeta and Cell too. Trunks voice acting felt a little off for me in contrast how great is Android 18 dub in this episode.

Oh you guys shouldn't had cut the scene of Android 18 being absorbed by Cell, that scene is great! Perfect Cell dub was awesome too, can't wait to have more of him in the next year! :thumbup:
Last edited by Noah on Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Holy shit, what a hilariously awesome christmas present. :lol: :clap:

Thanks, TFS. :thumbup:

JoshuaSaiyajin

Post by JoshuaSaiyajin » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:04 pm

First I'd like to say Merry Christmas all! And thank you TFS for the Christmas present!

That was a fantastic episode, one of the best of the whole series IMO.
I've noticed your use of two Steven Universe songs in the episode, are any of you possibly fans of that series?

Also Cell's song was absolute perfection :thumbup:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:06 pm

Noah wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I still wish Toei would make a character song for adult Gokû. All this time and he hasn't gotten one. Vegeta has 2!
What? Did you forget about Aitsu wa Son Gokuu?

Anyway...

I laughed a lot in this episode! :lol:

Piccolo, Tenshinhan and Bulma interactions made up for me, Vegeta and Cell too. Trunks voice acting felt a little off for me in contrast how great is Android 18 dub in this episode.

Oh you guys shouldn't had cut the scene of Android 18 being absorbed by Cell, that scene is great! Perfect Cell dub was awesome too, can't wait to have more of him in the next year! :thumbup:
The Aitsu wa song is nice, but I mean more like a character song where it's adult Gokû singing it, like how Vegeta sings the Cooking Hell and Saiyan Blood songs.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:43 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:Don't forget how his Kienzan finally hits someone, and it doesn't do shit. That's probably worth 3 points right there.
If we even keep that.

Which we won't.
What how can you not keep that. That's a gold mine joke right there. Yeah it wasn't in the manga but still. Finally hitting his best attack which the cast wonders why he doesn't use, and it doesn't work. The context alone is gold.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Another Taiyoken pic. Everyone did amazing job, but, I'm gonna miss Ms. Connors :(
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:50 pm

It's been a while since I watched DBZA episode twice in row. Loved it! Especially seeing how sweet the interactions are between 18 and Krillin. Merry Christmas KaiserNeko and the whole TFS crew!

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:48 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:What how can you not keep that. That's a gold mine joke right there. Yeah it wasn't in the manga but still. Finally hitting his best attack which the cast wonders why he doesn't use, and it doesn't work. The context alone is gold.
It failing-- ever-- never happens in the manga. We just think it plays unfairly against Kuririn. As such, we're not going to keep it.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:57 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:What how can you not keep that. That's a gold mine joke right there. Yeah it wasn't in the manga but still. Finally hitting his best attack which the cast wonders why he doesn't use, and it doesn't work. The context alone is gold.
It failing-- ever-- never happens in the manga. We just think it plays unfairly against Kuririn. As such, we're not going to keep it.
Not even as an outtake like the one which ended this episode?

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:10 pm

Amazing episode and I love that you guys put the whoops scene in. I'm sure most have thought "hey what if that happened".

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:35 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Thank you! Same can be said for Vegeta's Final Flash against Cell Jr or Kaio knowing the Instantenous Movement. That kind of filler can only hurt the show, i dont know what was Toei thinking.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:36 pm

I like the lampshading of how the term "semi-perfect Cell" doesn't really make sense (is that an official term or a fan term BTW?)

Also the return of "Thwarting my plans", and Cell humming his theme song
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I like the lampshading of how the term "semi-perfect Cell" doesn't really make sense (is that an official term or a fan term BTW?)

Also the return of "Thwarting my plans", and Cell humming his theme song
That's yet another fan name. In japanese version, there is just Kanzentai ( Perfect) Cell and other forms don't have name, he's just Cell.

BlackMagick
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BlackMagick » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:08 pm

Great work here. Oddly enough, I think my favorite thing about this episode was the Krillin and 18 interactions. I say it's odd because it is one of my least favorite things about the Cell arc.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:08 pm

-Episode 51-

Okay when I started watching this episode, I wasn't expecting to hear Masako singing. The musicals caught me of guard, but seems like both Masako and Takata can pursue a music career, if their original plans someday go wrong. I liked it.

I also wasn't expecting the return of Vegeta's "What're you doing?". Only good surprises.
Piccolo and Tenshinhan betting who would screw up first was funny, but Bulma optimist was hilarious.

"Boy, don't make me come up there and be a parent" - Best line

-Top 10 Movies-

Its always cool when TFS takes a time to talk about the source material itself. DBcember was a good idea last year and it was cool to see it back this year.
The number one didn't suprise me. While I never do more than a top 5, seems like the time has come to do my top 10. Here's mine:

1 - Bardock-The Father of Goku / History of Trunks (After all these years, I still can't decide which one is better. Both are masterpieces)
2 - Bojack Unbound (Reason why this one doesn't take the gold, its because the other two just gave me too much feelings)
3 - Revival of F
4 - Battle of Gods
5 - Broly-The Legendary Super Saiyan
6 - Super Android 13
7 - World Strongest
8 - Wrath of the Dragon
9 - Dead Zone
10- Fusion Reborn
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:19 pm

I really loved how you played this episode mostly straight. You kept a lot of the original moments in there, even if they were dumb decisions. It's a very emotional part of the series, and putting endless gags might have ruined that. Or at least made us hate the stupid decisions even more. But by focusing on everyone's state of mind, it almost helped rationalise the stupid parts of the plot.

Also, loved the musical numbers. Both of them. And all the usual callbacks and making fun of the original dub.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

IDreamtIWasABee
Beyond Newbie

Post by IDreamtIWasABee » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:38 pm

D'aww. You guys really reclaimed the Androids as characters, and the vibing between 18 and Krillin has always been needed.

And thank you for having Trunks be the one to scream "what the fuck is wrong with you people?!" at Krillin. He's snapping after seeing the Z fighters fuck up missed opportunities again and again, and the only fighter whose reaction wouldn't be a veiled version of "ewww, you did it for a girl?"

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:46 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:If we even keep that.

Which we won't.
Wow...Kurrin can't catch a break can he?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:57 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Fair enough, but I don't think it's unfair. Unfair is creating owned scenes that never happened to Krillin, which I'm pretty sure do exist. I don't see it as unfair since Cell is just a monster and it calls back perfectly to "Why don't you use your Kienzan" which the episodes lampshaded earlier.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!