Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Re: Opinions on Pieces of Music - V4!

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:54 am

Shiyonasan wrote: Also, since Black_Liger didn't post another song, I'll go ahead and post one to keep things going:

Next: M1212
LOL, I totally forgot to put the link.

I like this piece, it's one of the tracks that when you hear it, you know it can't be from anything else than dragon ball. The Jazzy percussion combined with the timpanis, the brass, the almost overlooked guitar and strings. One of my favorites from the kikuchi track.

Next up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKLsvpR6M9k

It's actually from the fan film, but I think it kinda sounds like something Danny elfman would have made if he scored DB Evolution. Please listen to it all, it has various segments. With different moods.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Pretty neat track. I could see it being in a Superman or Batman type of movie. Very tense and maniacal-sounding music leading into the calmer end part of the track with the galloping strings. Good track overall. Never seen The Fall of Men, but perhaps I should watch it sometime.

Since it's getting close to winter time, I'll post this next song...

Next: DB: Path to Power | OST #20

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:03 pm

I like it. It's nice and soothing. However, I think it's worth noting that the latter half of that song sounds just like the Ice Cavern in Ocarina of Time.

Next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EomNscL69RU

One of my favorite insert songs.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:59 am

MarCas92 wrote:I like it. It's nice and soothing. However, I think it's worth noting that the latter half of that song sounds just like the Ice Cavern in Ocarina of Time.

Next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EomNscL69RU

One of my favorite insert songs.
Oh God, I can feel the 80's in this track. I feel horrible knowing most insert songs didn't make it to latin american dub (the one I watched).

It's hella catchy, I think they are also singing the commanders' names huh? fitting I say!. (But why do I think of power rangers when I listen to this?)

Next up: It's a scene, the score is unreleased.

Bardock Turns Super saiyan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL48JCeIO5A

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:40 pm

I like it, one of the few things I like about that abomination with Bardock's character in it. I like how it builds up slowly, progressively adding a sense of tension to the scene and then it becomes more heroic as Bardock is transforming. It's a little hard to listen because of the dialogue and the sound effects. I couldn't see this score playing for something like Goku's first transformation, though.

Next.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:38 pm

I like it. I'm not a huge fan of the Raging Blast soundtracks, but this is the most iconic track in my opinion. Whenever I think of Raging Blast, this is the song I think of. It sounds like a song you'd hear in a fighting game, but those horns give it a fun bounce which is perfect for Dragon Ball.

Next: Cha-la Head Cha-La Phillipines Version

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:43 am

Nice. For years I thought Funimation forwent dubbing Cha La on the season sets because it'd just be...too hard, but if that dude could do it, then shouldn't Mignogna have been able to?

Next: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 - An Old Friend

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:59 pm

Admittedly not my favorite song from Budokai 3, but it's a nice song to accompany getting items in the story mode. I do like the '70s disco vibe it's got going on though.

Since someone posted a cover of a song earlier, I'll go ahead and post a cover next...

(The song begins at the 18 second mark.)

Next: Cell Games Arena - Budokai 1 (Cover by TheDelRe)

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:51 am

Oh God, good times with Budokai 1, the soundtrack was killer! and made the whole game even better. The last parts at the Cell games were freaking insane, I remember how badass was when you had to take down 7 cell jrs to this adrenaline infusing song :D

Next up:

The Earth is Saved. (Best quality I could find)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9W_8sV ... Hu&index=8

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:13 pm

Very elegant and ethereal. It's also simple, but effective in its purpose. I could see myself putting that song on repeat and having it play in the background while surfing the internet.

Next: Orange Hero

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:22 pm

Ah, that's funny. I swear I was just listening to that while browsing the forum :P I love it, it's probably my favorite ED song in the franchise. I specifically love the segment that starts around the 50-second mark. Really wish it was used after the JSAT special.

Next.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:54 pm

A wonderfully peaceful and somewhat melancholic track which creates an atmosphere of "you mah have lost the battle but you won something more important". In Goku's case in the film, it was learning that there is always someone stronger than you and accepting that. Man, I love Battle Of Gods so damn much.

Next: Freeza's Horrific Power

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:A wonderfully peaceful and somewhat melancholic track which creates an atmosphere of "you mah have lost the battle but you won something more important". In Goku's case in the film, it was learning that there is always someone stronger than you and accepting that. Man, I love Battle Of Gods so damn much.

Next: Freeza's Horrific Power
The build up takes too long for my taste but the last minute is absolutely perfect. The chanting combined with the small bits of guitar playing really make for an impressive way to reintroduce people to Freeza's final form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGIuUiZS6i8 (Dark Days Are Coming)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:06 am

I like it. I think Sumitomo's strengths are really hopeful music and really omnious music. This is a great example of the latter.

Next: The Worst Dragon Ball Z Opening

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm so glad you gave the link that title. xD I agree that that's the worst opening theme song for DBZ. The beeping sound is annoying and the "DRAGON BALL ZEEE" is quite annoying too. The middle section with the riffing guitar is decent, but that's about the only saving grace for that song.

Today's Christmas, so let's have a merry song next...

Next: Son Goku Song

Froggy

Post by Froggy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:28 am

Shiyonasan wrote:I'm so glad you gave the link that title. xD I agree that that's the worst opening theme song for DBZ. The beeping sound is annoying and the "DRAGON BALL ZEEE" is quite annoying too. The middle section with the riffing guitar is decent, but that's about the only saving grace for that song.

fun song but i always found it a bit annoying.

if we speak of cheery DB songs

Next: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1kOz5w9iE

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Froggy wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:I'm so glad you gave the link that title. xD I agree that that's the worst opening theme song for DBZ. The beeping sound is annoying and the "DRAGON BALL ZEEE" is quite annoying too. The middle section with the riffing guitar is decent, but that's about the only saving grace for that song.

fun song but i always found it a bit annoying.

if we speak of cheery DB songs

Next: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1kOz5w9iE
Interesting and catchy tune I would love to get my hands on the blue water dub just to see how it was done for both this and GT
Next: A God's Power (A rip not the actual song)
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:04 am

Definitely one of the finest tracks of Sumitomo, One of the most awe inspiring tracks in the series. I think this would have fit where "Hero" was played in the movie quite nicely, Sumitomo again uses one of his damn sampled percussion track when the female voice kicks on.... God knows why, but atleast I'm a sucker for this particular one so I let it slide and actually like it.

Next up: One of my favorite kikuchi tracks ever, damn shame it was never used outside of the movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPjJIprCXaY#t=13m51s

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:47 am

Black_Liger wrote:Definitely one of the finest tracks of Sumitomo, One of the most awe inspiring tracks in the series. I think this would have fit where "Hero" was played in the movie quite nicely, Sumitomo again uses one of his damn sampled percussion track when the female voice kicks on.... God knows why, but atleast I'm a sucker for this particular one so I let it slide and actually like it.

Next up: One of my favorite kikuchi tracks ever, damn shame it was never used outside of the movies. As for using the precursors I would say toei's telling him to use it given that while he has rehashed before it wasn't to this extent prior to him composing for dragon ball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPjJIprCXaY#t=13m51s
That was actually used after vegeta went ascended ssj.
Next up: A Tyrant Revived!
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:24 am

Naruto6583 wrote:Next up: A Tyrant Revived!
Well, that's actually pretty good! The choir is a little generic, but the guitar riffs and percussion were nice! But, if you want to see some REALLY awesome guitar riffs and percussion, well, here you go!

DBZ - Bardock, The Father of Goku/The History of Trunks Funimation English Dub Opening

:D

(And normally I'd say that that song is horribly suited for the visuals it's put to, but remember, these two movies are darker than what we usually see in DBZ).
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".