Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:41 pm

Hey everyone, anyone know the cheapest place to get the UK collectors edition? £23 seems a bit much for 2 disks and some cards.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:07 am

Looks like the movie won an award for 'Best Animation', as part of the Japanese Academy Awards- at least that's what I'm gathering from Google Translate.
https://twitter.com/20foxvideo/status/6 ... 3589281792
http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0079529

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:20 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:Hey everyone, anyone know the cheapest place to get the UK collectors edition? £23 seems a bit much for 2 disks and some cards.
£18.99 on Base. http://www.base.com/buy/product/dragon- ... wgodIxkGCQ

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:03 am

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:40 am

So according to this Gojiitaaf guy over on Facebook.
Resurrection F won an award on "Best Animation"..
https://m.facebook.com/GojiitaAF/photos ... _tn__=%2As

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:32 pm

Oh, ROF is still kicking ass!

I really loved the animation, and the CGI was better than BOG.
Conratulations. :clap: :clap:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:19 pm

BlackCatScott wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:Hey everyone, anyone know the cheapest place to get the UK collectors edition? £23 seems a bit much for 2 disks and some cards.
£18.99 on Base. http://www.base.com/buy/product/dragon- ... wgodIxkGCQ
Wow, between making that post and now the price is up to £20.99, Thank anyway.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:34 pm

We got any confirmation on this award thingy? Wouldn't be surprised the film was amazing, surprised it didn't get an Oscar nom to be honest.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:We got any confirmation on this award thingy? Wouldn't be surprised the film was amazing, surprised it didn't get an Oscar nom to be honest.
I'm gonna assume you're kidding but if you're not, the only film less deserving of anything resembling an Oscar than F is Force Awakens.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:29 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:We got any confirmation on this award thingy? Wouldn't be surprised the film was amazing, surprised it didn't get an Oscar nom to be honest.
Yes, a lot of people out there already confirmed this.
Some sources:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Looks like the movie won an award for 'Best Animation', as part of the Japanese Academy Awards- at least that's what I'm gathering from Google Translate.
https://twitter.com/20foxvideo/status/6 ... 3589281792
http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0079529
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:00 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
I'm gonna assume you're kidding but if you're not, the only film less deserving of anything resembling an Oscar than F is Force Awakens.
Are you really saying that if F suddenly won best picture at the Oscars, you wouldn't be ecstatic?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:11 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
I think you're the one kidding here, this movie was nothing but just pure hype, even I after leaving the movie theather thought it was a masterpiece, but hell, no. Don't mind me I watched a more couple of times to reach this conclusion and I'm a SW fan.

Anyway It's nice to see that RoF won the best animation award, it had one of the best animation ever seen in the franchise.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:24 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Are you really saying that if F suddenly won best picture at the Oscars, you wouldn't be ecstatic?
If anyone needed a point of evidence to say the Oscars are full of shit, giving F best picture would be a grand example of that.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:31 pm

To be honest, a film winning awards is neat and all, but if it's a movie I like, it's a movie I like - if it's a movie I don't like, it's a movie I don't like. It's as simple as that.

So basically, while Resurrection 'F' winning an award like the Oscar or anything like that, or failed to get any awards, then I'd still feel the same about it - liking it for what it is, while still seeing some flaws and places it could have been better. Likewise, a film I don't like - Avatar, for example - can win every award under the sun, and I'm still not going to think any better of it as a film. Basically what I'm getting at is awards don't, or at least shouldn't, change opinions, they're basically just glorified bragging rights.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:17 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
I'd fucking love it. Just to hear Toriyama's acceptance speech. :P

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:33 am

I think a film has to be in wide release to be nominated for an Academy Award, Resurrection 'F' had a limited theatrical run. Funny thing with animated films getting nominated at the Academy Awards, it's almost as if some films nominated are only there as place holders for the slots. We all know either Pixar or Dream Works win the award (sometimes Aardman and Studio Ghibli) so it wouldn't be too far fetched if a wide release Dragon Ball movie could get nominated for an Academy Award. It's definitely possible. Winning the Oscar? Nope. Nominated? Possible.

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:59 am

Whatever happened to those plans of screening this movie in 74 different countries? Has this been cancelled? Because I'm pretty sure the movie would already been released in my country at this point if Toei had kept that promise.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:43 am

Kakarotto92 wrote:Whatever happened to those plans of screening this movie in 74 different countries? Has this been cancelled? Because I'm pretty sure the movie would already been released in my country at this point if Toei had kept that promise.
Well, it even reached my piece of shit country and had no idea, lol. But to be fair, Dragon Ball has a strong fanbase in Serbia and Montenegro.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:49 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:
Kakarotto92 wrote:Whatever happened to those plans of screening this movie in 74 different countries? Has this been cancelled? Because I'm pretty sure the movie would already been released in my country at this point if Toei had kept that promise.
Well, it even reached my piece of shit country and had no idea, lol. But to be fair, Dragon Ball has a strong fanbase in Serbia and Montenegro.
It's nice to see how the fanbase in Serbia and Montenegro grew up since the premiere of Zmajeva Kugla in 2001 :D
FortuneSSJ wrote:Oh, ROF is still kicking ass!

I really loved the animation, and the CGI was better than BOG.
Conratulations. :clap: :clap:
I agree with you, the CGI was pretty good in ROF, in BOG the CGI animation was poor in my opinion.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:44 am

I've got no idea but it was only released in theatres in about a third of that amount, no more than 30 surely. Where they got 74 from I'll never know.

It never had much of a release in Europe.