I wish the super manga adapted ressurection of F

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nex Carnifex
Banned

I wish the super manga adapted ressurection of F

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:20 am

It will just always feel like something's missing from the manga now. It's mentioned that it happened but never shown so people who read the manga and not see the anime are going to be lost. Should have masterfully condensed it like they did battle of the gods that way it might have been easier to accept that part of the story as canon because the manga is just done better than Toei's adaptions, plus the manga medium has always come first when it came to "canonicity" because it tends to have less inconsistencies and weird unnecessary fillers.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: I wish the super manga adapted ressurection of F

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:29 am

This is exactly what I find bewildering about the focus on the Super manga, actually. I mean, it's an enjoyable enough read, and it definitely has nice art...but it's not really a full-on manga of it's own. It's clearly just an advertising tool for the main product, which like it or not, is the show. In that regards, it's not really any different from the previous manga teasers we got for Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F', or even the manga version of the JSAT. It's not really the 'original' version of the story in this particular case.

That's not to say that I don't wish it hadn't adapted 'F' though, as it would make it feel at least a little more complete. The entire run though has just felt far too 'jumpy' for me to really get behind 100% though, relying far too much on assuming we already know what happened in the fuller anime version of things for the BoG arc (a safe assumption, but still yet), and giving us just enough to dig our teeth into now that it's moved into the Champa material. And those teases are pretty much the only source of interest I have in it. I'd probably still buy it if we got it over here in volume form, but...I'unno. At least it's got more depth to it than SD does?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:39 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:This is exactly what I find bewildering about the focus on the Super manga, actually. I mean, it's an enjoyable enough read, and it definitely has nice art...but it's not really a full-on manga of it's own. It's clearly just an advertising tool for the main product, which like it or not, is the show. In that regards, it's not really any different from the previous manga teasers we got for Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F', or even the manga version of the JSAT. It's not really the 'original' version of the story in this particular case.

That's not to say that I don't wish it hadn't adapted 'F' though, as it would make it feel at least a little more complete. The entire run though has just felt far too 'jumpy' for me to really get behind 100% though, relying far too much on assuming we already know what happened in the fuller anime version of things for the BoG arc (a safe assumption, but still yet), and giving us just enough to dig our teeth into now that it's moved into the Champa material. And those teases are pretty much the only source of interest I have in it. I'd probably still buy it if we got it over here in volume form, but...I'unno. At least it's got more depth to it than SD does?
I disagree I loved how they condensed the battle of the gods story I like when things get straight to the point but I wish they did the same for Frieza as I liked the changes super made from the movie just the animation and the filler content was awful.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:51 am

Nex Carnifex wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:This is exactly what I find bewildering about the focus on the Super manga, actually. I mean, it's an enjoyable enough read, and it definitely has nice art...but it's not really a full-on manga of it's own. It's clearly just an advertising tool for the main product, which like it or not, is the show. In that regards, it's not really any different from the previous manga teasers we got for Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F', or even the manga version of the JSAT. It's not really the 'original' version of the story in this particular case.

I disagree I loved how they condensed the battle of the gods story I like when things get straight to the point but I wish they did the same for Freeza as I liked the changes super made from the movie just the animation and the filler content was awful.
Super's manga didn't do an adaptation of f because toyotaro already did a manga of it around the time of the movie so they had him go straight into the champa arc instead.
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:13 am

Actually they only need to create a manga for the second part of the movie - the first part can be covered by those chapters that were done as promotional material for FnF. And I'm hoping that this is precisely what will be done for the publication in april. Guess we'll see then.