"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Herms » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:14 am

Cipher wrote:In this case what trips me up are the the nuances of the word for "quality" used here -- I don't know enough to read into it one way or the other (it's deki, the stem of the verb dekiru, or "can," so, like "output," basically, but maybe it has shades of "potential" or even "ability" here? -- help, kei/Herms!)
In this context 出来 means "workmanship; craftsmanship; execution".
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:44 pm

A good way to reduce the load each episode, could be to introduce a closing segment. Goku and Vegeta comment/explain several stuff regarding the series. For example: info on the Saiyans - U6 and U7, why did Kuririn choose to be bald before, Bulma's inventions. Stuff like that for three or five minutes at the end of each episode.

It would require less work and make for fun interactions between Goku and Vegeta. Other characters could pop up once in a while.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:02 pm

LightBing wrote:A good way to reduce the load each episode, could be to introduce a closing segment. Goku and Vegeta comment/explain several stuff regarding the series. For example: info on the Saiyans - U6 and U7, why did Kuririn choose to be bald before, Bulma's inventions. Stuff like that for three or five minutes at the end of each episode.

It would require less work and make for fun interactions between Goku and Vegeta. Other characters could pop up once in a while.
You mean like what they did with naruto shippuden?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:08 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:
LightBing wrote:A good way to reduce the load each episode, could be to introduce a closing segment. Goku and Vegeta comment/explain several stuff regarding the series. For example: info on the Saiyans - U6 and U7, why did Kuririn choose to be bald before, Bulma's inventions. Stuff like that for three or five minutes at the end of each episode.

I don't about about Naruto, but something similar was done in HunterXHunter and Pocket Monsters.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:17 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Retan wrote:So I guess I'm wondering why there aren't many animators wanting to work on it, this wasn't a problem during it's original run was it?
I don't know how accurate this chart is (and it only goes up to 2012) but if it's right, it's definitely due to the sheer number of TV anime series that are being made has gone up so high compared to when DB and Z aired (while the number of talented animators hasn't gone up to match the amount of series greenlighted) :
Living proof of 'less is more' and 'quality over quantity'. Anime industry apparently forgot that memo. Let's hope they remember it before the whole thing drives away even more potential employees and artists

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:30 pm

LightBing wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:

I don't about about Naruto, but something similar was done in HunterXHunter and Pocket Monsters.
Yeah i think they use to do it for naruto shippuden, they did trivia, secret key words, guest appearances, etc.
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

raulvalente
Beyond Newbie

Post by raulvalente » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:07 pm

My first excitement glimpse on Saturday night will happen when I see the modifications in the Opening Title made for the Champa Arc :clap: Can't wait for it.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:34 pm

So it is officially called the Champa arc and not the Universe 6 arc?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Bullza wrote:So it is officially called the Champa arc and not the Universe 6 arc?
Champa Arc and Hakaishin Champa Arc have been the two tossed around so far on official sources, soooo...yeah?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:42 pm

Isn't the whole thing since BOG called 'Gods of the Universes' on the official 30th anniversary website?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Battle of Gods and Resurrection "F" content were coined under that term on the site, but it predates Super and has never been updated.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:00 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Battle of Gods and Resurrection "F" content were coined under that term on the site, but it predates Super and has never been updated.
Well there isn't really anything to update yet as post-F content didn't start. BTW, was direct translation of the EOZ 'saga' name posted anywhere? Google Translate gave me "Peaceful world Hen" lol...

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:15 pm

The tournament isn't on either Universe 6 or 7, it's on a neutral dimension, so it can't be Universe 6 arc.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Basaku wrote:Well there isn't really anything to update yet as post-F content didn't start. BTW, was direct translation of the EOZ 'saga' name posted anywhere? Google Translate gave me "Peaceful world Hen" lol...
There have been some content changes in Super thus far that could have allowed for updates:
--The site lists Trunks and Mai's relationship, which doesn't exists in Super thus far and could have been removed for the BoG entry.

Alternate terms used in official material for the first two arcs.
--Beerus/Hakaishin Beerus/Battle of Gods Arc
--Golden Freeza/Resurrection "F" Arc

Or they even could have updated the page with a small blurb on the "Mysterious Champa" to tease what was coming next (or went into a little more detail since the manga jumped ahead months ago).

BTW, it's literally just "Peaceful World Arc".

HourglassIndigo
Beyond Newbie

Post by HourglassIndigo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:47 pm

Bullza wrote:So it is officially called the Champa arc and not the Universe 6 arc?
I personally think Team 7 arc has a nice ring to it, but as far as I know, yes the community is calling it the Champa Arc for now.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:03 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: BTW, it's literally just "Peaceful World Arc".
:? Meh back to EOZ then

HourglassIndigo wrote: I personally think Team 7 arc has a nice ring to it, but as far as I know, yes the community is calling it the Champa Arc for now.
I still see it as 1 big God arc so far. Or at least hope it is and will be done by summer or so we can move to something completly different (preferably post-EOZ). I enjoy the current lore dump a lot, but don't wanna be stuck in this Godly theme forever. It's one of the things that made Z so good, Android/Cell saga had widely different themes and feeling compared to Saiyan/Freeza or Buu sagas. And of course the 'big bads'.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:11 pm

HourglassIndigo wrote:I personally think Team 7 arc has a nice ring to it, but as far as I know, yes the community is calling it the Champa Arc for now.
It's not just the community. The "Champa Arc", or sometimes Hakaishin Champa Arc, is the official designation.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:46 pm

Are the Champa and U6 arc the one and the same or is the Champa arc the tourney which leads into the U6 arc. (Which is what I previously thought)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:52 pm

Re: Themes

I second hopes for a new theme/arc after the Champa arc. I'm enjoying the current theme, but I am curious as to what other kinds of stuff Super might do afterward.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:56 pm

Xeztin wrote:Are the Champa and U6 arc the one and the same or is the Champa arc the tourney which leads into the U6 arc. (Which is what I previously thought)
We don't even know for certain if there will be anything substantial after the tournament, let alone if it will be considered an arc of it's own with a different name. It's all pretty much speculation right now.