Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by TheMikado » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:48 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:
Skar wrote:I realized something about Gohan and Piccolo training in Super. The U6 saga is supposed to be a sequel to both the movies and Super right? If they only trained together in anime but not in the movies or manga then that might they didn't improve all that much. I don't think it would make a lot of sense if Piccolo was vastly stronger only in the anime but not the manga since it didn't imply he trained there.
Well the fact that Gohan is struggling against Piccolo in his base form is pretty bad writing in my opinion.
He was stronger than a SSJ3, the strongest unfused character by the end of the Buu Saga.
Now he's skinny and can't contain the SSJ for long?
GT did Gohan correctly lol.
Gohan was still a nerd in GT but he at least carried the demeanor and fought like he had once held the title of strongest being on earth multiple times.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:19 pm

TheMikado wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
Skar wrote:I realized something about Gohan and Piccolo training in Super. The U6 saga is supposed to be a sequel to both the movies and Super right? If they only trained together in anime but not in the movies or manga then that might they didn't improve all that much. I don't think it would make a lot of sense if Piccolo was vastly stronger only in the anime but not the manga since it didn't imply he trained there.
Well the fact that Gohan is struggling against Piccolo in his base form is pretty bad writing in my opinion.
He was stronger than a SSJ3, the strongest unfused character by the end of the Buu Saga.
Gohan was still a nerd in GT but he at least carried the demeanor and fought like he had once held the title of strongest being on earth multiple times.
Yeah, and he still kept his build.
Also, I was wondering why Frieza never went 100% in the movie? Wouldn't that have boosted his strength up even more? Like 100% Golden Frieza lol.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:10 pm

Considering how fast his power ran out, I'm sure it's just because his Golden form is already at full power. It was untrained and such, kind of like untrained SSJ was always at full power without needing to power up.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:44 am

Maybe Frieza was able to use his full 100% power without having to bulk up after he'd training and learned to regulate his Ki properly.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:55 am

Bullza wrote:Maybe Frieza was able to use his full 100% power without having to bulk up after he'd training and learned to regulate his Ki properly.
That's a good point. Maybe that could be the case, I just wish they'd give us reasons. In the series it was never said SSJ2 wastes energy and now they aren't using the form anymore. It saddens me because that's my favorite transformation lol.

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:13 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:
Well Gohan for some reason lost that Ultimate form of his and can now barely go SSJ. I just don't understand how he lost that form after BOG since he had it there.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:39 am

Overlord78 wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
Well Gohan for some reason lost that Ultimate form of his and can now barely go SSJ. I just don't understand how he lost that form after BOG since he had it there.
Yep, Logic. Had his ultimate form then suddenly grew skinny and lost his powers over the time of a few years. Buu saga though, didn't really train for 7 years and can go SSJ2 and easily power up to SSJ.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:40 am

Overlord78 wrote:Well Gohan for some reason lost that Ultimate form of his and can now barely go SSJ. I just don't understand how he lost that form after BOG since he had it there.
Just lends more credence to the theory, Toriyama wrote Gohan as a SS in BoG too, but it was changed by whoever for the film(maybe Watanabe?).

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:47 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:Also, I was wondering why Frieza never went 100% in the movie? Wouldn't that have boosted his strength up even more? Like 100% Golden Frieza lol.
For the same reason Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks stopped using Super Saiyan Grade 2.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:12 pm

In a few hours the new episode is out. It'll probably be a really interesting one and I'm hoping it answers a few questions rather than make it even more confusing.

It might give us an idea on the two base theory but also the difference between SSJG and SSJB. If SSJ Vegeta is as strong as SSJG then how ever much stronger SSJB is is how much stronger the form is.

It's also nice to not know whose going to win.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:26 pm

And now the episodes over.

- Base Vegeta and base Cabba looked to be about even.

- Super Saiyan Cabba seemed to be dominating Super Saiyan Vegeta at first but he was holding back. I'd guess Vegeta probably had the edge? Barely.

- Vegeta turns into a Super Saiyan Blue and looks to casually knock Super Saiyan Cabba out. If Cabba were SSJG level then there's a big difference between the two forms.

- Vegeta turns SSJB against Hit but Hit looks to be stomping him and the NEP says that they cant even see his techniques. So I'd definitely say Hit looks to be stronger than Golden Freeza because Goku didn't have that much trouble against Frieza and he's trained since then.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:28 pm

Vegeta pretty much disproved the two base theory in this episode.

No mention of SBG at all.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:32 pm

Bullza wrote:And now the episodes over.

- Base Vegeta and base Cabba looked to be about even.

- Super Saiyan Cabba seemed to be dominating Super Saiyan Vegeta at first but he was holding back. I'd guess Vegeta probably had the edge? Barely.

- Vegeta turns into a Super Saiyan Blue and looks to casually knock Super Saiyan Cabba out. If Cabba were SSJG level then there's a big difference between the two forms.

- Vegeta turns SSJB against Hit but Hit looks to be stomping him and the NEP says that they cant even see his techniques. So I'd definitely say Hit looks to be stronger than Golden Freeza because Goku didn't have that much trouble against Frieza and he's trained since then.
He had far more than an edge. He took a punch from Cabba without even flinching and smiled. It's obvious that Vegeta was drastically holding back when Cabba was tossing him around.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:32 pm

I dunno actually, he clearly turned God Ki on when he was Super Saiyan to turn into a Super Saiyan Blue right? Which means it wasn't turned on when he was Super Saiyan which would also mean it wasn't turned on when he was in base form would it?

In Resurrection F assuming that it was turned on when Goku was fighting Frieza when he turned Super Saiyan that time he didn't turn blonde, he turned blue.
He had far more than an edge. He took a punch from Cabba without even flinching and smiled. It's obvious that Vegeta was drastically holding back when Cabba was tossing him around.
So then Magetta is probably stronger than Super Saiyan Cabba?

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:33 pm

If Kyabe didn't get obliterated after getting one shotted by Blue Vegeta,then i guess he should be a god tier.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:34 pm

Bullza wrote:I dunno actually, he clearly turned God Ki on when he was Super Saiyan to turn into a Super Saiyan Blue right? Which means it wasn't turned on when he was Super Saiyan which would also mean it wasn't turned on when he was in base form would it?

In Resurrection F assuming that it was turned on when Goku was fighting Frieza when he turned Super Saiyan that time he didn't turn blonde, he turned blue.
So then Magetta is probably stronger than Super Saiyan Cabba?
Everyone could sense Goku when he fought final form Freeza. He didn't have god ki there.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:38 pm

Everyone could sense Goku when he fought final form Freeza. He didn't have god ki there.
Well they could sense him when he was a Super Saiyan during the Beerus fight too but weren't we all assuming that was a much stronger SSJ than the SSJ's fighting in this tournament?

Isn't it kinda odd that Goku just skipped out on Super Saiyan entirely when he was fighting Frieza?

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Goku did turned SSj for a brief moment against Freeza.His aura was yellow for a moment before he transformed into Super Saiyan Blue.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Oh and it looks like we can dismiss all those theories of the multiplier shrinking over time as well if Vegeta stayed above Cabba as Super Saiyans. Though they did seem even in base so either Vegeta was holding back against him or his Super Saiyan gives him a bigger boost, probably the former though.

Is this accurate then

Hit
SSJB Goku/Vegeta
SSJ Goku/Vegeta
Magetta
SSJ Cabba
Frost (Final Form)
Piccolo
Frost (Third Form)
Goku/Vegeta
Cabba
Frost (First Form)
Botamo

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:54 pm

Bullza wrote:
Well they could sense him when he was a Super Saiyan during the Beerus fight too but weren't we all assuming that was a much stronger SSJ than the SSJ's fighting in this tournament?

Isn't it kinda odd that Goku just skipped out on Super Saiyan entirely when he was fighting Frieza?
The kicker here is that there is no mention of a base Saiyan with god ki or SBG. No one even comments on why they are using SSJ.

Wouldn't anyone wonder why are Goku and Vegeta much weaker than before in base?

Having their base much weaker will also make EoZ fit very nicely.
Bullza wrote: Hit
SSJB Goku/Vegeta
SSJ Goku/Vegeta
Magetta
SSJ Cabba
Frost (Final Form)
Piccolo
Frost (Third Form)
Goku/Vegeta
Cabba
Frost (First Form)
Botamo
I would put Piccolo below Assault Frost since he wanted to fight a weaker version of said form. I would also put base Goku and Vegeta over that form as well.
Last edited by ZombieVito on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.