"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:06 pm

Did they say which Super Dragon Ball is missing? It would be interesting if it's the 4-star. Not only it would be in the middle of numbers, but in the middle of the locations of the others, like from 1-star to 3-star is a universe and from 5-star to 7-star in the other.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Did they say which Super Dragon Ball is missing? It would be interesting if it's the 4-star. Not only it would be in the middle of numbers, but in the middle of the locations of the others, like from 1-star to 3-star is a universe and from 5-star to 7-star in the other.
I don't think they said it, but we got to see it in one of the episodes. I think it was the one where Vados and Champa go to the nameless planet to make the preparations.

EDIT:

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:23 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Did they say which Super Dragon Ball is missing? It would be interesting if it's the 4-star. Not only it would be in the middle of numbers, but in the middle of the locations of the others, like from 1-star to 3-star is a universe and from 5-star to 7-star in the other.
Yep you are right, 4 star ball is missing :)

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:26 pm

My wild guess is that Earth is the 4th star ball, somehow. Thus why Champa wants to steal it, and because Goku has always had such a close connection to that ball. But maybe that is the wrong mix of too obvious and too far out there.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:32 pm

Earth being a Super Dragon Ball would feel like a huge asspull at this point. It was already destroyed back in the Buu Arc (granted that was prior to Super) and again just lack arc with Golden Freeza. We should have seen either the orb itself or chunks of it, if they can be destroyed.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:32 pm

irreality wrote:My wild guess is that Earth is the 4th star ball, somehow. Thus why Champa wants to steal it, and because Goku has always had such a close connection to that ball. But maybe that is the wrong mix of too obvious and too far out there.
The problem with this is that both Kid Buu and Freeza blew up Earth and no Super Dragon Ball appeared. A retcon from the Buu saga would be one thing, but retconning something that happened around ten episodes ago is extreme. Therefore, I don't think it's possible.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:33 pm

irreality wrote:My wild guess is that Earth is the 4th star ball, somehow. Thus why Champa wants to steal it, and because Goku has always had such a close connection to that ball. But maybe that is the wrong mix of too obvious and too far out there.
The Earth is too small, if they are really going with the notion, that DB Earth has the same size as real life Earth.
I think the above image is a good hint, it really is the nameless planet. At least the size matches up with the Super Dragon Balls, so maybe the final ball really has been hiding in plain sight this whole time.
Of course people also speculated about this not long after the episode in question came out, but it's first now we might get it confirmed.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:36 pm

dbgtFO wrote:It fits with it being Monaka. Like Beerus said, Monaka once destroyed a planet in his anger. This time he destroys the nameless planet only to reveal the final super dragon Ball beneath the crust.
It could be that but I feel it's way too rushed to have Monaka rampage, destroy the Nameless Planet, reactions to the Super Dragon Ball, calming him down (since he's on par with Beers) and summoning the dragon.
dbgtFO wrote:
I don't think they said it, but we got to see it in one of the episodes. I think it was the one where Vados and Champa go to the nameless planet to make the preparations.

EDIT:
Aww, look at them, all neatly positioned to make a wish after the Nameless Planet gets destroyed 8)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:41 pm

alakazam^ wrote:It could be that but I feel it's way too rushed to have Monaka rampage, destroy the Nameless Planet, reactions to the Super Dragon Ball, calming him down (since he's on par with Beers) and summoning the dragon.
To me it feels like they are already rushing it a lot, so I don't think it's that far-fetched, but we'll see soon enough.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:51 pm

How badass would it be if Monaka kills Champa in his rampage? He could probably take him out.

skaw17

Post by skaw17 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:04 pm

WE ARE SURE ABOUT

1. MONAKA ENTER TO RING
2. DRAGON WILL BECAME
3. NAMELESS PLANET IS A LAST DRAGON BRALL SO PLEAS DONT WRITE THAT EARTH IS LAST BECAUSE ITS FUNNY
4. BULMA OR JACO WILL SAY THAT THE MAIN PRIZE IN TOURNAMENT WAS A SUPER DRAGON BALLS AND SOMEONE FROM THEM WILL EXPLAIN THAT THEY CAN MAKE EVERY WISH AND JACO OR BULMA SAY TEXT SUMMON A DRAGON... AND EVERYONE WILL SUPRISED THAT THIS TEXT WORK BUT LATER THEY NOTE THAT THE NAMELESS PLANET IS A LAST DRAGON BALL SO ITS REASON WHY DRAGON BECAME
5.GOku Beat Hit
6.Vegerta losse with hit

ITS 6 thing that we are sure

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:07 pm

If I may interject, only five and six are confirmed facts.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:08 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:How badass would it be if Monaka kills Champa in his rampage? He could probably take him out.
That would be shitty writing... Then again from what DBS/Neo Toriyama has shown us, this idea may well be a possibility.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:10 pm

shinmaru wrote:I think something will go terrible wrong with the Super Dragon Ball wish.
Like Pilaf and his gang show up on the last minute to ruin everything.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:12 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
shinmaru wrote:I think something will go terrible wrong with the Super Dragon Ball wish.
Like Pilaf and his gang show up on the last minute to ruin everything.
Impossible in the anime, as they weren't included and surely they must have known even before deciding to exclude those crappy characters.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:17 pm

skaw17 wrote:WE ARE SURE ABOUT

1. MONAKA ENTER TO RING
2. DRAGON WILL BECAME
3. NAMELESS PLANET IS A LAST DRAGON BRALL SO PLEAS DONT WRITE THAT EARTH IS LAST BECAUSE ITS FUNNY
4. BULMA OR JACO WILL SAY THAT THE MAIN PRIZE IN TOURNAMENT WAS A SUPER DRAGON BALLS AND SOMEONE FROM THEM WILL EXPLAIN THAT THEY CAN MAKE EVERY WISH AND JACO OR BULMA SAY TEXT SUMMON A DRAGON... AND EVERYONE WILL SUPRISED THAT THIS TEXT WORK BUT LATER THEY NOTE THAT THE NAMELESS PLANET IS A LAST DRAGON BALL SO ITS REASON WHY DRAGON BECAME
5.GOku Beat Hit
6.Vegerta losse with hit

ITS 6 thing that we are sure
1. Is not confirmed it can be anyone
2. Confirmed
3. Someone called come with the last one and that could be the person who lands in the ring.
4. not confirmed
5. It could be a Draw
6. confirmed

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:19 pm

TheDBZmaster100 wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:How badass would it be if Monaka kills Champa in his rampage? He could probably take him out.
That would be shitty writing... Then again from what DBS/Neo Toriyama has shown us, this idea may well be a possibility.
Why would it be shitty writing?

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:27 pm

It's very unlikely for the reasons others have mentioned, and did Bulma use the Super DB radar on earth? I'm sure she might've attempted it just to test it out. If she in fact did it would be impossible for earth to be a super DB.

Edit: When Goku has the radar in episode 29 it does look like it's scanning.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:
TheDBZmaster100 wrote:
Why would it be shitty writing?
Because he doesn't agree and Akira has to only write to his interests
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Apparently Sean Schemmel while at a convention in Bristol today said that recording for Kai has finished, Super should be licensed by the end of 2016 and that he is recording for a new game.

The game then should be announced soon and probably by e3.